The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

FXX
Weird, we have quite a few vacancies for temporary night shifters on the recruitment website. They wouldn't need 6 new people on night shift just for Christmas would they? They didn't last year, unless it's something to do with a refit.

EDIT: end of contract is Xmas eve, so I guess they are Christmas temps. Weird.

I suppose it depends how big your store is and stuff? Ours is tiny, we definitely wouldn't need 6. :woo:

ps. how do I find out if I'm working xmas or not? i might just ask when I'm at work next but someone here might know!
Hey people,

I'm sorry if this has been asked before.

How much do you get paid at Sainsbury's (customer assistant)? and do you get paid more on sundays?

(please quote me when replying)
gyyy2807
Hey people,

I'm sorry if this has been asked before.

How much do you get paid at Sainsbury's (customer assistant)? and do you get paid more on sundays?

(please quote me when replying)

Hello! How much you get paid will probably depend on your location. I get £6.23 per hour but I think people in, e.g. London, get paid more, other people elsewhere get less, I think. Depends if you're over 18 as well. People on the old contracts get time and a half on Sundays, but for newer people, it's the same pay as any other day.
teh_samby
Hello! How much you get paid will probably depend on your location. I get £6.23 per hour but I think people in, e.g. London, get paid more, other people elsewhere get less, I think. Depends if you're over 18 as well. People on the old contracts get time and a half on Sundays, but for newer people, it's the same pay as any other day.

Thanks for the quick reply :smile:

I live in Middlesbrough and I'm just 18.

Do they make you buy the uniform or are you given it for free?
gyyy2807

I was given my uniform for free, I assume it's the same for everyone lol.

I live in the midlands and I'm being paid £6.07 to start with (I'm 18), I think it goes up to £6.27 after my probationary period... Or that's what they said, anyway! If you work nights you get a premium, too. That's £1.50 I think. There's a bank holiday premium as well, I think? It should say how much your pay is on the job description bit on the Sainsbury's site.
gyyy2807

ok, I dunno what the pay is there, maybe someone else on this thread will.

Uniform is free, though a lot of people say the trousers don't fit them properly, so you might end up wearing your own, just plain black trousers. My trousers are too tight around the waist so I've been wearing my own, nobody notices.
inksplodge
I was given my uniform for free, I assume it's the same for everyone lol.

I live in the midlands and I'm being paid £6.07 to start with (I'm 18), I think it goes up to £6.27 after my probationary period... Or that's what they said, anyway! If you work nights you get a premium, too. That's £1.50 I think. There's a bank holiday premium as well, I think? It should say how much your pay is on the job description bit on the Sainsbury's site.

Thanks for replying :smile:

How long's the probationary period?
gyyy2807
Thanks for replying :smile:

How long's the probationary period?

3 months, I think?
teh_samby
ok, I dunno what the pay is there, maybe someone else on this thread will.

Uniform is free, though a lot of people say the trousers don't fit them properly, so you might end up wearing your own, just plain black trousers. My trousers are too tight around the waist so I've been wearing my own, nobody notices.

lol thanks for the heads up :smile:
inksplodge
3 months, I think?

wow That's pretty long. I thought about 2 weeks, or a month at most.
inksplodge
3 months, I think?

Probation is 3 months but pay goes up at 6 months, same time as getting your discount card.
flipshot
Probation is 3 months but pay goes up at 6 months, same time as getting your discount card.

gyyy2807

if there is a job advertised that you have got your eye on, it usually says online the rate of pay when you look at the details :smile:
so no one has a idea if the jobs have gone yet or not? :frown:

please quote me :smile:
Reply 2294
XCRUSHESX
Ask your supervisor :smile:. They should have a list of shifts avaliable for overtime.

Thanks. :smile: Do you think it would it be ok if I popped in with my contract (I keep forgetting to bring it in) and my holiday sheet thingy (I don't want to be stuck here for Christmas!) some time this week before my next shift? :colondollar:
Absurd
Thanks. :smile: Do you think it would it be ok if I popped in with my contract (I keep forgetting to bring it in) and my holiday sheet thingy (I don't want to be stuck here for Christmas!) some time this week before my next shift? :colondollar:

Yep! But I warn you that there probably wont allow any holidays around that time since you are a late starter like me. My holidays are on 4th January because during the 2 weeks christmas period it gets very busy so they couldn't afford to lose workers around that time.
XCRUSHESX
Yep! But I warn you that there probably wont allow any holidays around that time since you are a late starter like me. My holidays are on 4th January because during the 2 weeks christmas period is very busy.

Yeah, ours are fully booked until like mid-January! I don't mind too much, I like work. :woo:
iranair777
so no one has a idea if the jobs have gone yet or not? :frown:

please quote me :smile:

Of course not, temp jobs start from now onwards until early december I presume but it depends on when the stores are bothering to advertise it so just remain patient.
inksplodge
Yeah, ours are fully booked until like mid-January! I don't mind too much, I like work. :woo:

Lucky you :p:

I detest it :\

:ninja:
XCRUSHESX
Lucky you :p:

I detest it :\

:ninja:

Aww. :frown: I just want to find out what days at xmas I'll actually have to work. :s-smilie: Do you think it'll be in those book things they have? I think it has your shifts down but I'm not sure? But then again I think they're only 3 weeks worth?

Latest

Trending

Trending