The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3800
Foulish
IPM is different depending on the scanners you have. If you have the old scanners it is 16 items per minute. If you have the new super-sensitive ones (that read the barcode before you even go to scan it), it's 21 items per minute.

To pause the IPM you need to go to the blue "SWIPE LOYALTY CARD" screen (Or if you did it first, the payment selection screen).

If you consistently get less than the required amount they have a word with you, and can technically result in a disciplinary (I have yet to hear someone getting a disciplinary).

I didn't know they timed the "downtime" of a cashier.

Urgh, thanks. It's hard to put things through the checkouts really fast sometimes, the scales are mostly really temperamental. :dong:
Reply 3801
Oh-No!
New: http://www.dascus.de/shop/images/ncr78.jpg
Old: http://www.thepossite.com/images/realscan83large.jpg

Week off in 2 weeks :woo: Seems like ages since my last one :yes:

Old. The new ones look nice!
Reply 3802
Woah, what do these crazy new ones do that the old don't? :redface:
Reply 3803
estel
Woah, what do these crazy new ones do that the old don't? :redface:

They talk to you when you zero the scales in a cheesy American accent.

"Clean - under - deck - next - to - callibration"

And their more sensitive to the barcodes.
We have the new tills (which freaked me out the first time they spoke to me, and I couldn't hear what the guy was saying anyway. Trying to weigh something, a supervisor nearby asks if I'm alright - "No! My scales are talking to me!" xD) and I think our target is 19 IPM. Also, we always used to be told to sign off when we don't have customers but now they're saying stay signed on unless you're doing something, e.g. cleaning your till, but if you're just sat there waiting for customers, stay signed on. It's not to do with IPM, it's idle time.
since the stock take a bit back security has been stepped up in our store... padlocks and everything everywhere and we cant get the keys so overstock is being left all over the place lol
Foulish
I had been working a week when my tutor showed me the reference form just to confirm that it was for me, so I assume near enough straight away.

Spazzycazzy
AFTER they have offered you the job

Well I've been there 3 months now and have passed my probationary period but my referees still haven't been contacted=/ Having said that one of the other guys said his referees were never contacted and he's been there 3 years :tongue:
Reply 3807
Yeah I have no idea if my referees have been contacted or not. I guess if you're doing a good job, they aren't going to have a problem.
They're very pleased with me :woo: so I hope I'm ok!

Holiday this week, thank god - I am having some health probs so hopefully they will go by the time I am back at work.
inksplodge

Holiday this week, thank god - I am having some health probs so hopefully they will go by the time I am back at work.

:frown: What's up? Are you full time?!:eek:
morris743
:frown: What's up? Are you full time?!:eek:

Well I do 30 hours a week :tongue:

Having some bad side effects as a result of antibiotics I'm taking for something, but now it could be a little more serious because of my pre-existing problem :woo: Seeking advice of doctor on Tuesday if things do not improve tomorrow ... At least I went to work yesterday though; I could have just phoned in sick, but thought I'd be better off sticking it out.
inksplodge
Well I do 30 hours a week :tongue:

Having some bad side effects as a result of antibiotics I'm taking for something, but now it could be a little more serious because of my pre-existing problem :woo: Seeking advice of doctor on Tuesday if things do not improve tomorrow ... At least I went to work yesterday though; I could have just phoned in sick, but thought I'd be better off sticking it out.

Go to the doctor even if things DO improve tomorrow. You'll feel a lot better trust me :smile: It will keep coming back if you don't get it sorted now!:naughty: :biggrin: Hope it gets better and you can enjoy some of your well deserved time off :smile:
Reply 3812
Oh-No!
Ha, I was already a member of that... so true though! :biggrin:

haha sooooo true.
today when i was closing the store for half 4, these two women had paid for their shopping but because they "forgot" something they thought it would be okay to go get a basket and get that "ONE forgotten" item. I said thats fine, tihnking its a bottle of heavy wine or something lol

She didnt reappear for ages so sent out a tannoy saying the store is closed etc and then went searching for her. But she walked past me all nonchalent with a basket full of stuff lol

LIAR lol
Reply 3813
Is anyone on the sharesave scheme? It looks very attractive. Problem is, I didn't apply for 2 years running! I got to wait till December now.

Anyone made any money from it?

Is it better to get tax free bonus or buy shares?

Thanks
Reply 3814
GuyUK
Is anyone on the sharesave scheme? It looks very attractive. Problem is, I didn't apply for 2 years running! I got to wait till December now.

Anyone made any money from it?

Is it better to get tax free bonus or buy shares?

Thanks

I joined it, payments start coming out of my pay in February.
Reply 3815
Bit worried,

I started 4th December, got a holiday form on the 11th, returned it to HR on the 19th and they lost it. On the 6th I was given another one (I only knew they lost it because I got another one) and I gave it to HR on the 8th. Made a copy this time though. Now it's the 17th and I have yet to hear anything. Thing is I booked about 8 shifts off across 4 seperate weeks and 2 of them are already closed. Am I going to be forced to rebook it or lose it?
Reply 3816
miml
Bit worried,

I started 4th December, got a holiday form on the 11th, returned it to HR on the 19th and they lost it. On the 6th I was given another one (I only knew they lost it because I got another one) and I gave it to HR on the 8th. Made a copy this time though. Now it's the 17th and I have yet to hear anything. Thing is I booked about 8 shifts off across 4 seperate weeks and 2 of them are already closed. Am I going to be forced to rebook it or lose it?

You'll be forced to rebook it at another time, unless they admit they lost it and you can strike up a deal :P
Reply 3817
Foulish
You'll be forced to rebook it at another time, unless they admit they lost it and you can strike up a deal :P

Even though I am new and couldn't book it in 2008/start of 2009 like everyone else?
Reply 3818
miml
Even though I am new and couldn't book it in 2008/start of 2009 like everyone else?

Go see HR/dept. manager and ask them what's happening with your form?
How did your store work it with the snow? Ours said if we couldn't get in, we could have it authorised unpaid. Fair play. A notice to state that was put at the clocking in machine. Only now they've decided we need to make the time up! Oh my days.....

Latest

Trending

Trending