The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4080
inksplodge
I'm in the East Mids area and I get £6.07 starting pay. :dontknow:

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 4081
Foulish
Anyone heard about the change in the refund policy?

Apparently no receipt = no return - so no moreputting funds onto a gift card!

Yep, We've been trained on it, you should be soon as it comes into effect either tommorow, or has done today, can't remember!
Theres the electical helpline,
few different refund codes,
TRY promise ("if you dont like this product, simply return for a full refund") returns have to be done by CIS now, either Taste, Smell, etc etc and then the comments box you put TRY promise. Sounds like a bit more work for us really!
28 day limit return if its a wrong item
year returm limit if its a faulty item
Theres a few other things, but i have forgotten haha
:smile:
Reply 4082
about time they stopped giving refunds on returns without receipt, i'm sure customers buy stuff in sale bring back a few months later and get a refund on the item at its current price (generally back to normal price when it is discontinued).
think one customer is being investigated.

also any customer can pick something off a shelf and say they wanna bring it back but dont have a receipt.
PJ991
My induction is tomorrow. 8 hours I think.

Is it just going to be health and safety videos?

Only 8? mine was like 20 over a few days
Reply 4084
Finbar21
Only 8? mine was like 20 over a few days

that was one day. I did more today, and have some till training later this week.
Reply 4085
Wannabe
Yep, We've been trained on it, you should be soon as it comes into effect either tommorow, or has done today, can't remember!
Theres the electical helpline,
few different refund codes,
TRY promise ("if you dont like this product, simply return for a full refund") returns have to be done by CIS now, either Taste, Smell, etc etc and then the comments box you put TRY promise. Sounds like a bit more work for us really!
28 day limit return if its a wrong item
year returm limit if its a faulty item
Theres a few other things, but i have forgotten haha
:smile:

What on earth is CIS?

I'm not formally trained on customer services. I only know how to do refunds , add nectar points, glass loan and lost property :biggrin:

Bah - I just remembered i'm getting trained on petrol. Kill me now :frown:
Reply 4086
lAscend
Can anyone tell me whats the difference between a Customer Service Manager and a Customer Trading and Support Manager is? Its just they seem to be different titles but same job description and the CTS Manager seems to still get paid the same as a CS Manager :s-smilie:

Thanks

Customer Service Manager is in charge of customer service and checkouts in the supermarkets. Customer & Trading Support isn't a manager (i.e. it's Customer & Trading Support, not Customer & Trading Support Manager) and is basically just a supervisor and team leader in Sainsburys Local stores. That role's are a bit different from a supermarket's Team Leader as they have a few more responsibilities but the pay is a bit less 'cause it's in a much smaller store.
EverythingInTransit
I feel a bit of a rant coming on so I thought I'd post before I go insane :woo:
I had this person at my till today and all I did was misunderstand something they said and didn't help with the packing when I was supposed to. Is that really a reason to have a go at me?!
Anyone who knows me, knows I could never possibly be rude to someone on purpose...it was just a misunderstanding. I'm wondering whether this is really a job I should be doing. It really doesn't take alot to upset me and I tend to dwell on things afterwards as well. I just don't think I can take any more customers ranting at me.... :frown:

If it's affecting you that badly why don't you ask to be taken off tills? :yep:
EverythingInTransit
I feel a bit of a rant coming on so I thought I'd post before I go insane :woo:
I had this person at my till today and all I did was misunderstand something they said and didn't help with the packing when I was supposed to. Is that really a reason to have a go at me?!
Anyone who knows me, knows I could never possibly be rude to someone on purpose...it was just a misunderstanding. I'm wondering whether this is really a job I should be doing. It really doesn't take alot to upset me and I tend to dwell on things afterwards as well. I just don't think I can take any more customers ranting at me.... :frown:

Sainsburys is so awful sometimes. Just ignore them, they're the ones with nothing better to do than spend their day in Sains moaning at you; at the end of the day if they're going mental in a food shop how pathetic does that make them.
All your colleagues will understand what its like; instead of taking it to heart, just consider the ****** customers as jokes to laugh about later.
Just think about how boring and **** their lives must be that they have to come into a supermarket for a bit of drama!
Reply 4089
Foulish
What on earth is CIS?

I'm not formally trained on customer services. I only know how to do refunds , add nectar points, glass loan and lost property :biggrin:

CIS is the system we use on the computer for the customer service desk.
It's used to enter details about product quality refunds, so that we can get the money back from suppliers and also make sure that they know whats wrong with them. Also you can do stuff like complaint forms and store diary on there.
It is called Siebel (or something like that) on the computer though.
Reply 4090
Foulish

Tbf, petrol's pretty fun really :p: Provided the other people out there are pretty... normal, it's a good change of pace from checkouts.
Reply 4091
kyle_y
Customer Service Manager is in charge of customer service and checkouts in the supermarkets. Customer & Trading Support isn't a manager (i.e. it's Customer & Trading Support, not Customer & Trading Support Manager) and is basically just a supervisor and team leader in Sainsburys Local stores. That role's are a bit different from a supermarket's Team Leader as they have a few more responsibilities but the pay is a bit less 'cause it's in a much smaller store.

Apparently according to the recruitment website Customer & Trading Support manager is a managers role at about the same pay as a department manager not a Team leader. I know CTS is now known as Team leader.
Reply 4092
Being on tills wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be today. Mind you, I only did just over 2 hours.
Reply 4093
Hey, I fancy a job at my local Sainsbury's and i think i'd be in a better chance than some others as i completed my work experience there and have been working since october 07 in clintons cards - only Sainsbury's dont seem to be advertising a job atm. Is it worth popping a CV in to get noticed? Also, whos best to hand it in to to make sure it doesn't get shredded as soon as my backs turned? Thanks! :smile: x
Betty P
Hey, I fancy a job at my local Sainsbury's and i think i'd be in a better chance than some others as i completed my work experience there and have been working since october 07 in clintons cards - only Sainsbury's dont seem to be advertising a job atm. Is it worth popping a CV in to get noticed? Also, whos best to hand it in to to make sure it doesn't get shredded as soon as my backs turned? Thanks! :smile: x

They ignore all CVs, they only take applications online. Wouldn't matter who you tried to hand it in to in the store I worked it they would always tell you to apply online.
Reply 4095
flipshot
They ignore all CVs, they only take applications online. Wouldn't matter who you tried to hand it in to in the store I worked it they would always tell you to apply online.

Not all the time. we occasionally run CV-only position.

To the original question - ring the store up and talk to HR and ask for a job. Probabaly won't work, but thats hiow you get to the people incharge of the job positions etc,
Reply 4096
how much of a say does the individual store get in choosing people for jobs?

Just because it seems interviews are based on the online test, then the test in store is apparently sent back to HR for a decision to be made.

So is it all done by the main HR people?
Reply 4097
PJ991
how much of a say does the individual store get in choosing people for jobs?

Just because it seems interviews are based on the online test, then the test in store is apparently sent back to HR for a decision to be made.

So is it all done by the main HR people?

I have a suspicion that the test is automated. At the interview, if they don't like the look of you they can do w/e they like.
The person who interviewed me said the main HR dept for Sainsbury's back in wherever decides if you get the job, not the store.
Reply 4099
inksplodge
The person who interviewed me said the main HR dept for Sainsbury's back in wherever decides if you get the job, not the store.

I'd presume that the interviewer could add notes about whether they thought the candidate were particularly (un)suitable.

Latest

Trending

Trending