The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Charmaiinn
What do sainsburys say about nails? I guess acrylic nails are out of the question?

Nails must be naked. :P
Charmaiinn
What do sainsburys say about nails? I guess acrylic nails are out of the question?

I guess as long as it's not too bright it's fine but I've worn green, red, bright pink etc nail polish to work and nobody said anything. I wear just clear polish now though. I would advise having short nails though - too many of mine snapped off and it hurts...

Seems like one of the new TLs has it in for me - talking **** about me at work in front of my colleagues, who then had a go at the TL.
Reply 4122
inksplodge
I guess as long as it's not too bright it's fine but I've worn green, red, bright pink etc nail polish to work and nobody said anything. I wear just clear polish now though. I would advise having short nails though - too many of mine snapped off and it hurts...

Seems like one of the new TLs has it in for me - talking **** about me at work in front of my colleagues, who then had a go at the TL.

Oh that's nice - always helpful!!

I guess all/most stores must rotate/hire team leaders at about the same time then?? We've just got so many it seems now I've lost track of who is and who isn't!!

I actually don't even know who "my" team leader is!!

Errrrr...
Reply 4123
Lukely
Oh that's nice - always helpful!!

I guess all/most stores must rotate/hire team leaders at about the same time then?? We've just got so many it seems now I've lost track of who is and who isn't!!

I actually don't even know who "my" team leader is!!

Errrrr...

Some departments don't need a team leader - some departments are only run by team leaders ~(Health and beauty).

Otherwise, yes, we've had an influx of team leaders recently. They've had posters up. I applied or the job too. Fully not expacting to get it because i'm P/T.
Lukely
I need a nice warm(er)/new job for work...

Is there any particular reason our store resembles an ice box?
None of us can figure it out, customers have even complained & walked out. Cant blame them really.
Reply 4125
Our store is absolutely freezing as well. Has been for the last few weeks. One end of the store is fine, the other is colder than outside.
We had 3 plus a manager but one TL passed his manager's training and apparently may be leaving, so they need another TL to replace him hence the new one.

Our store is always cold at night I guess it's cos they need to keep the delivery cold whilst its not in the chillers? You get used to seeing people working with hats, gloves and scarfs on lol.

Maybe your heating is broken? Ours was for a while. Brrr.
Reply 4127
Ours is freezing too. Everyone wears their fleece, especially if you're near the doors, as thats where all the open fridges are. I'm used to it now, I don't mind it.

But I have a shift today, my first 'overtime'. Exciting.
FXX
Our store is absolutely freezing as well. Has been for the last few weeks. One end of the store is fine, the other is colder than outside.

Same as ours! I'm in online shopping, & to get an AMB2 is bliss! Drinks & crisps end of the store is lovely & toastie.
Need to vent! Had an absolutely horrible cutomer yesterday. She wanted her stuff scanned in a very particular way... I started scanning and she asked me for heavy stuff, some of which I had to lean over other products to get. Then I tried to give her something and she got annoyed because she didn't want it, and told me to give it to her in the order she had put it down, which is obviously what I was doing in the fist place until she asked me to give her the heavy stuff. So she complained about that a couple of times, because obviously I'm not a mind-reader, and then she asked for the green beans... how green beans are heavier than a bag of tomatoes, I don't know. But yeah, she had a go at me a couple of times, being really rude and aggressive, it was horrible. Then she had a go because I was "throwing things at her" when I was just going at my usual pace. She can't seem to handle having more than two things to pack in front of her at the same time. I've served her before, but she's never been quite that rude. Then I gave her the receipt and the vouchers the till churned out, she dropped the vouchers, at first I thought unintentionally, then stood there scrutinising the receipt as if she was looking for something to yell at me for. Then when she was done I asked if she wanted the vouchers and she completely ignored me and walked off. I was shaking and close to tears by the time she left. In four years of working there, no customer has ever made me feel that bad. I actually could barely talk to my next customer for fear I might burst into tears. >.<
teh_samby
Need to vent! Had an absolutely horrible cutomer yesterday. She wanted her stuff scanned in a very particular way... I started scanning and she asked me for heavy stuff, some of which I had to lean over other products to get. Then I tried to give her something and she got annoyed because she didn't want it, and told me to give it to her in the order she had put it down, which is obviously what I was doing in the fist place until she asked me to give her the heavy stuff. So she complained about that a couple of times, because obviously I'm not a mind-reader, and then she asked for the green beans... how green beans are heavier than a bag of tomatoes, I don't know. But yeah, she had a go at me a couple of times, being really rude and aggressive, it was horrible. Then she had a go because I was "throwing things at her" when I was just going at my usual pace. She can't seem to handle having more than two things to pack in front of her at the same time. I've served her before, but she's never been quite that rude. Then I gave her the receipt and the vouchers the till churned out, she dropped the vouchers, at first I thought unintentionally, then stood there scrutinising the receipt as if she was looking for something to yell at me for. Then when she was done I asked if she wanted the vouchers and she completely ignored me and walked off. I was shaking and close to tears by the time she left. In four years of working there, no customer has ever made me feel that bad. I actually could barely talk to my next customer for fear I might burst into tears. >.<

That would really bug me! I used to be a bit anal about my shopping ive got to admit, heavy stuff first, but thats the thing, you load the belt up with the heavy things first, not expect the cashier to sort that bit out!
Reply 4131
teh_samby
I was shaking and close to tears by the time she left. In four years of working there, no customer has ever made me feel that bad. I actually could barely talk to my next customer for fear I might burst into tears. >.<

Yeah a customer actually made me cry today. I have been there nearly 6 and a half years and I think this is possibly the first (maybe second) customer that has actually reduced me to tears. Felt really pathetic but the lad in the bakery with me today was lovely and had me laughing pretty soon afterwards! Some customers really should learn that the people that serve them have feelings too!
Reply 4132
Counting down the shifts... 14 left!
Reply 4133
Brrr ours is cold too!
Must be saving the dolla on heating!!
Upstairs is nice and warm though! Don't want to go back down after breaks to the cold horrible shop floor haha
Reply 4134
teh_samby
Rude customer post

Don't worry about it. We all get an evil customer at some point. You'll laugh at it in a few days :biggrin: Remember your allowed to refuse to serve someone - within reason.

I've had a few racial comments, someone threatened to "knock my head off", I've been called an ******** on till - and to top it all I've been smacked around the head with a newspaper by a customer.

Anyone that starts getting abusive I just say to them "Okay sir/madam, lets start off by calming down so we can deal with this like adults and get it sorted out for you".

They usually calm down.

There are some nasty pieces of work in this world.
teh_samby

If anyone does that to you again, void the transaction and ask them (politely) to join another queue. :yep:
Lawkt
Yeah a customer actually made me cry today. I have been there nearly 6 and a half years and I think this is possibly the first (maybe second) customer that has actually reduced me to tears. Felt really pathetic but the lad in the bakery with me today was lovely and had me laughing pretty soon afterwards! Some customers really should learn that the people that serve them have feelings too!

:console:

I can't stand rude customers either. I know what you mean about the last bit.. I once had a customer tell me they could call me whatever they wanted, because they were the customer. (I got called a 'f***ing arrogant prick' who had nothing better to with my 'f***ed up waste of a life' than to refuse the sale of alcohol). Needless to say, he was shown the door and was given a store ban by the store manager. :cool:
eek!, checkout training all day tomorrow.
More nervous of the speaking/spending all day with the store trainer, than the actual till.
Reply 4138
Nevasleep
eek!, checkout training all day tomorrow.
More nervous of the speaking/spending all day with the store trainer, than the actual till.

till training is more like 90 minutes at most.
Reply 4139
Nice, bagged me some overtime Thursday and Friday... looking forward to the next payday, lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending