The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4440
Absurd
Justin was in Edinburgh running the mile?

...somebody doesn't read The Journal on a regular basis!! Then again, it's kinda corny for the most part like "look how amazing Sainsbury's are at everything" kinda thing haha but then we do make TESCO well and truly look like the trash that they are soooo whatever :biggrin:
Reply 4441
Lukely
...somebody doesn't read The Journal on a regular basis!! Then again, it's kinda corny for the most part like "look how amazing Sainsbury's are at everything" kinda thing haha but then we do make TESCO well and truly look like the trash that they are soooo whatever :biggrin:

Guiltyyyy. I flip through it but I can't handle all the propaganda. Justin is quite DILFy though, haha.

Sports relief mile from the view of my sainsburys :eek:
Reply 4443
Untitled258

Sports relief mile from the view of my sainsburys :eek:

Headrow?
Absurd
Guiltyyyy. I flip through it but I can't handle all the propaganda. Justin is quite DILFy though, haha.

Well if you want Justin as a Sugar-daddy... :p:
Reply 4445
I did the run today on Embankment! The Regional/Store/Deputy manager was there and some other people from Region 27.

They had a designated meeting point, with signs and everything... only thing is.... someone had to carry the 2 signs around the mile haha

I wanted to get a coffee at the end but the Sainsbury's stall closed :frown: I wonder if they would have given me staff discount haha
kyle_y
Headrow?

Yup :yes: They mile went right past the store which was fun. All of the store managers in the region had to do the mile or something, so we ended up with about 60 extra people in the shop with no where to put them, bad times.
looks like our store bonus wont be much anyway, only got one of the three i think
We've achived MCM and MAC for the year, just waiting on company sales to see if we get the other 1%. I only do 12 hours a week anyway, so ill get next to nothing bonus.
Reply 4449
Hi there just got promoted to team leader in training on checkouts along with 3 other people and was wondering what the training is like?
lAscend
Hi there just got promoted to team leader in training on checkouts along with 3 other people and was wondering what the training is like?

Boring (if you actually end up going the proper training..)
i didnt see a response but does anyone know when the 15% discount starts/ends?
thanksss
oh yeah, i got my discount card last week. yay! :awesome:
Reply 4453
I can collect mine now. :awesome: When can you start using it?
Wildebeest
As soon as you've signed off the form with HR. The card gets activated on its first use, then you have to wait 24 hours until you gain unlimited use.

Really? I was told I had to wait 24 hours before using mine, then it was all ready to go.
samsam123
i didnt see a response but does anyone know when the 15% discount starts/ends?
thanksss

The 15% discount starts on Thursday 25th March and finishes on Wednesday 7th April.
And it's pay day on Friday!!!!!
Reply 4457
It appears that the deputy manager is desperate to make me a team leader and then a manager.

He has asked me 3 times to drop uni and go full time, and will then make me a team leader. My reply is always "I'm interested but it will be something I would have to to when I leave uni. To be fair, if something went wrong Sainsbury's would drop me like a hot brick and I need something else to fall back on".

His reply "Fair enough".

I reply "Ask me when I have finished Uni and I will be all yours"

I predict another 3 months and he will ask me.

Edit: I decided to withdraw my previous application for a team leader job that was advertised due to uni commitments.
Reply 4458
Am I right in thinking good friday gets premium pay?
I don't know if I read the memo wrong or not.
PJ991
Am I right in thinking good friday gets premium pay?
I don't know if I read the memo wrong or not.

Pretty sure it depends how long you have been there (old or new contract)

Latest

Trending

Trending