The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

FXX
Well, you won't get any Easter eggs tonight considering the stores are closed tomorrow. What you see is what we have I would think.

I'm almost tempted to go along to my store tomorrow to see how many regular customers are slamming at the windows trying to get in:biggrin:

Surprised they still close all stores Easter Sunday.
Reply 4541
morris743
I'm almost tempted to go along to my store tomorrow to see how many regular customers are slamming at the windows trying to get in:biggrin:

if the store is over 3000 square feet, which I assume most Sainsbury's are, they can get a fine for up to £50,000 for opening on Easter Sunday.
Reply 4542
A lot of customers seem shocked that we are closed tomorrow... how inconvenient!! ha
Reply 4543
more people were shocked to know we were open good friday, especially after 6pm. People were arguing with each other about it because when they asked me i said we close at 10.
Reply 4544
morris743

Itts law, they have to close ^_^
We got to leave early this morning :biggrin: I was practically skipping out of the door. Actually no, I ran from the canteen to the door.
I start at 6am tomorrow (bank holiday monday) but the store doesn't open until 10am. Does that mean the night shift will still go home at 7am?
Reply 4547
Yep. Everyone goes in at their usual time, there just won't be any customers.
FXX
Yep. Everyone goes in at their usual time, there just won't be any customers.

Ooooh wonderful, online shopping dream then! No night shift after 7am, & no customers either! I go home at 10am :biggrin:
We usually go home at 7 but there was nothing to do, only 7 of us, and the team leader was feeling generous. :tongue: If it had been the manager running the shif I guarantee we wouldn't have been able to go til 7, and even if there was nothing to do... he would have had us washing the floor or something :awesome:

We've lost another person due to a broken bone... greeeat
inksplodge
We usually go home at 7 but there was nothing to do, only 7 of us, and the team leader was feeling generous. :tongue: If it had been the manager running the shif I guarantee we wouldn't have been able to go til 7, and even if there was nothing to do... he would have had us washing the floor or something :awesome:

We've lost another person due to a broken bone... greeeat

ohhh i did nightshift on my gap year too. you know my pain! i'm back at the moment for the easter holiday (doing 5 nights a week (overtime)) i can't wait for it to be over :woo:
lotsofsnails
ohhh i did nightshift on my gap year too. you know my pain! i'm back at the moment for the easter holiday (doing 5 nights a week (overtime)) i can't wait for it to be over :woo:

Urgh, unlucky :frown: I only do 3 nights a week and it is MORE than enough!!! I have never done overtime & I don't plan to :biggrin:
poor guy with the broken foot. he's being made to go into work or lose his pay, and has been offered the warehouse. i'm sorry but if you've got a broken foot how the **** are you meant to do anything? the balor requires two hands (do they expect he's got four arms or something? how's he meant to stand up?) and how is he meant to drag cages outside etc? what a joke, it's made me really angry
Reply 4553
inksplodge
poor guy with the broken foot. he's being made to go into work or lose his pay, and has been offered the warehouse. i'm sorry but if you've got a broken foot how the **** are you meant to do anything? the balor requires two hands (do they expect he's got four arms or something? how's he meant to stand up?) and how is he meant to drag cages outside etc? what a joke, it's made me really angry

He can't do his job properly, which means its a health and safety risk. You have an obligation to report that to your manager/senior management.

He should at least be offered a temp department swap to checkouts. "/
Foulish
He can't do his job properly, which means its a health and safety risk. You have an obligation to report that to your manager/senior management.

He should at least be offered a temp department swap to checkouts. "/

Yeah, he's been offered warehouse and then petrol station... neither of which are very safe. He's just going to ask for checkouts; he's going to lose the night shift prem but at least he's going to get some money.
Reply 4555
Unfortunately most management see you as just a figure and will get you to do anything to help earn themselves higher bonuses. A lot of them don't care about you as a person and and this is part of why I decided to leave just over a year ago. Too many high and unachievable expectations, not enough reward, motivation or training. I did come back later as I was desperate for money. But a different store and I was lucky enough to have the best manager ever! No job is worth more than your health and sanity. Don't allow yourself to get pushed around. We have laws in this country to protect workers so you won't get sacked if you refuse to do something and are genuinely not able to. Although some employers will try to break the rules if they think they will get away with it.
Reply 4556
Spazzycazzy
Ooooh wonderful, online shopping dream then! No night shift after 7am, & no customers either! I go home at 10am :biggrin:

Just quoting to get your attention :p: We have a new pick speed target of 37 seconds in online, and we have to start the next shop as soon as we've finished the current one now rather than go back to the 1-2-3 screen when we go back to the office. This is impossible, just wondering if it's all across the business?
FXX
Just quoting to get your attention :p: We have a new pick speed target of 37 seconds in online, and we have to start the next shop as soon as we've finished the current one now rather than go back to the 1-2-3 screen when we go back to the office. This is impossible, just wondering if it's all across the business?

Yep, I hate it.
I've got no chance, considering I do 8 hours on a Sat, so **** em! :smile:

It splits the team up, shoppers running around, team leaders just talk.
I was also told by a manager that we have to have a "not my problem" attitude, and if a product isn't out we just have to sub...no pending.

I was already thinking about getting a new job, this kind of sealed the deal.
i might need to start working at sainsburys again :frown: i tried to use the previous employee option on the recruitment site, but im not being recognised!!
Reply 4559
inksplodge
Yeah, he's been offered warehouse and then petrol station... neither of which are very safe. He's just going to ask for checkouts; he's going to lose the night shift prem but at least he's going to get some money.

What about some admin work in the night? Like the price labels or w/e?

Latest

Trending

Trending