The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5480
I suppose its fair that everyone is till trained, so that the same people aren't relied on too much.
They could give people groups, and tannoy certain groups at different times.
I find that the all till trained tannoys usually don't work, or you'll get 1 or 2. Its amazing how much better it works if you add immediately or 2nd call to the end, or even if the store manager does it - people just appear!
We're getting self scan in this week, and the new tills (finally!), so we'll see how many till trained calls need to be done.
Reply 5481
otu1987
Well when we've done "all till trained colleagues to checkouts" at very random times..like 10PM at night sometimes. Very few people turn up when called.

A tip I learned by being on this forum, is to do a second tannoy going "Second collegue call for all till trained blah blah blah"

Works a treat, because people come running because they don't want the duty managers telling them off XD
Reply 5482
Oh-No!
I suppose its fair that everyone is till trained, so that the same people aren't relied on too much.
They could give people groups, and tannoy certain groups at different times.
I find that the all till trained tannoys usually don't work, or you'll get 1 or 2. Its amazing how much better it works if you add immediately or 2nd call to the end, or even if the store manager does it - people just appear!
We're getting self scan in this week, and the new tills (finally!), so we'll see how many till trained calls need to be done.

Is that the new scanners your getting. Its gonna take the cashiers a while to get used to those. When we first got them, we had a queue of about 30 people at the CSD due to double scanned items. We ended up opening one of the tills to deal with refunds...

inksplodge
We don't have many checkouts and it's not really any of our concern since we work night shifts and we're only open for an hour. I suppose near xmas they might - we are open until 12am. But it sitll doesn't seem worth it!

They are starting to check our overs now to make sure we are doing our jobs properly. I am one of the only people who says "I want to get as much out as possible, if it means overfilling" cos I HATE taking things back again. Everyone else thinks the opposite - "can't be arsed".

In the week leading up to Christmas, we are opening up again for 24 hours.

The reason I say again, is because when we where Savacentre, we where 24 hour, but then it started to cost them more to keep the store open, so they revered to 7am-11pm
Reply 5483
Foulish
Is that the new scanners your getting. Its gonna take the cashiers a while to get used to those. When we first got them, we had a queue of about 30 people at the CSD due to double scanned items. We ended up opening one of the tills to deal with refunds...

We are half expecting that to happen! Hopefully a little coaching session with the staff who are most likely to over charge will help :yep:
Lets just hope it means we can hit IPM more easily now!
I have been offered a job! So happy.

However, the induction is on a day where I'm not in the city, so I'm having to wait back to hear when another one will be :pinch:

I feel quite bad for being a nuisance.
Reply 5485
Oh-No!
We are half expecting that to happen! Hopefully a little coaching session with the staff who are most likely to over charge will help
Lets just hope it means we can hit IPM more easily now!

When you get the new scanners, IPM increases to 21.

I saw the report for the IPM's and I saw my cashier number there. My IPM is something like 10 atm. My cashier number tends to get used by other people when the cashiers decide to "forget" their numbers, so it's not actually me being slow! Honest!

My supervisor number however :top:, was around the 40 mark. (I think when you save transactions then scan back it in, it counts all those items rolling back onto the screen as a different item, in that mminute? Anyone want to confirm this?)
Reply 5486
hi,
I finished interview on saturday in sainsbury but i want to know they let me know i get the job or not bec there was one lady told me until monday you can know result, but still no reply.
Reply 5487
krimith
hi,
I finished interview on saturday in sainsbury but i want to know they let me know i get the job or not bec there was one lady told me until monday you can know result

If she told you you'd get a reply by Monday, and you have no reply, you need to call the recruitment line. If I remember correctly, the number is 0845 811 0 811 (If it isn't, it should be under contact us oon the Sainsbury's website.

Edit: Thats the Nectar number, take a look at the contact us page on the Sainsbury's.co.uk website.
Reply 5488
Hi,
I finished my interview on saturday (DVD),then one lady was told me monday you get reply I can get the job or not,but still no reply what i can do and also i wasn't apply online so they dont know my email address i just apply via jobcenter plus, I dont know why they take too long to inform, Sorry for same question post two times
Reply 5489
aa
Reply 5490
aa
Reply 5491
Foulish
When you get the new scanners, IPM increases to 21.

I saw the report for the IPM's and I saw my cashier number there. My IPM is something like 10 atm. My cashier number tends to get used by other people when the cashiers decide to "forget" their numbers, so it's not actually me being slow! Honest!

My supervisor number however :top:, was around the 40 mark. (I think when you save transactions then scan back it in, it counts all those items rolling back onto the screen as a different item, in that mminute? Anyone want to confirm this?)

We've been told our IPM is going to be 19, or 20. 19 in the book and 20 by a manager! Lets hope its 19 lol

My IPM tends to stick over 20 :yep: I do go on tills for short amounts of time which is why i reckon i managed to keep it at that level! haha... We do have some people that just manage to go so slow it's unbelievable. Yet when you look at them, they don't seem to be going too slow, but when you look on productive, it shows that they are awful!

And, yes, saved transactions do make your IPM shoot up! I've got 750 IPM before now!
Reply 5492
Oh-No!
We've been told our IPM is going to be 19, or 20. 19 in the book and 20 by a manager! Lets hope its 19 lol

My IPM tends to stick over 20 :yep: I do go on tills for short amounts of time which is why i reckon i managed to keep it at that level! haha... We do have some people that just manage to go so slow it's unbelievable. Yet when you look at them, they don't seem to be going too slow, but when you look on productive, it shows that they are awful!

And, yes, saved transactions do make your IPM shoot up! I've got 750 IPM before now!

Hmm. When you do a duplicate receipt it all comes up on the screen like a saved transaction. Would this boost your IPM too?
Reply 5493
Asriel
Hmm. When you do a duplicate receipt it all comes up on the screen like a saved transaction. Would this boost your IPM too?

I'm not sure tbh.... I'll do a test next time i'm working (I have access to a few spare checkout no's) and see what happens and post back! If it does, then I'll get a few of the slower ones to do it!
How do i go about a transfer for university. Do i go to HR? Also, i've only been at Sainsburys for 7 weeks now, will that matter? I really don't want to leave Sainsbury's so i really hope i can get a transfer for September.
LordOfTheIsles
How do i go about a transfer for university. Do i go to HR? Also, i've only been at Sainsburys for 7 weeks now, will that matter? I really don't want to leave Sainsbury's so i really hope i can get a transfer for September.

Head for HR and they'll give you advice. Probably best for you to contact prospective new stores as well as HR, a double-attack if you will.
Reply 5496
eek, interview tomorrow at sainsburys. I appled online 2 days ago, so they got back to me really quick. I'm just wondering what to expect? Is the interview formal? I'm pretty nervous, i've never had a job interview before. Mostly worried about the kinda questions they're going to ask. I'm not good at thinking quick :frown:
_Becccca
eek, interview tomorrow at sainsburys. I appled online 2 days ago, so they got back to me really quick. I'm just wondering what to expect? Is the interview formal? I'm pretty nervous, i've never had a job interview before. Mostly worried about the kinda questions they're going to ask. I'm not good at thinking quick :frown:

I don't mean to be rude but 85% of this thread is asking and answering that same question, I presume you can read? Even just the last 5 pages has answers, its not like you have to scroll through the whole thread :rolleyes:

Anyway, just relax, be yourself, be friendly, smile, make conversation and you will be fine :smile:
urrrgh work tonight :frown:
Most Groceries Online Shopper roles I see is only for 12 hours. Is it possible to increase these hours??

Latest

Trending

Trending