The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

First pay day this Friday, does anyone know when the pay slips are available? And whether I can just go in on my day off and collect it?
Reply 5561
ive had my payslips on the wednesday, not sure if they are available earlier (for next time). i see quite a few people go in on their days off just to pick up their payslip, your manager or team leaders should have them.
mines usually stuck on a whiteboard, cause my department makes you feel lonely since im on my own most of the time.
Reply 5562
Katie-27
Finished my induction which was really not as bad as i expected! I'm being till trained on friday and they asked if anyone would like to do a till shift saturday and i said yes which i'm kinda regretting as i'll be like as i'm under 18 so I have to ask the supervisor over every time there's an over 18 sale so that'll be annoying for them especially as i'm the only under 18 in store so they won't be used to it. :/ Apart from that, I had a really good time and I'm really looking forward to work! :biggrin:

Do yourself a favour and get yourself one of those signs that say you are under 18 and need to call someone over to authorise alcohol. People dont tend to get stressy about it then.
We can get ours on Friday morning after 9am, sometimes they are available Thursday night but that's only been a couple of times.
Reply 5564
Foulish
Do yourself a favour and get yourself one of those signs that say you are under 18 and need to call someone over to authorise alcohol. People dont tend to get stressy about it then.

Ooh I'll ask for one of those, thanks! :smile:
how do people apply for xmas temp jobs? we have posters up saying 'recommend a temp' and id like to rec. a family member but i dont know how?
What happens if you get an interview but realise the job is too far to travel, can you withdraw your application before the interview and apply for a closer branch?
:woohoo:I got a job at sainsbury's. Didn't think my interview went to good, but I have a 2 day induction next week
PAY DAY TOMORROW!!!!!!!! :woo: :woo: :woo:
Hooray! I'm off work at the moment due to an op, so for the next two months or so I'm getting paid for doing nothing. Thank goodness Sainsbury's give sick pay!
if you're at my store they don't! :awesome: lol.
inksplodge
PAY DAY TOMORROW!!!!!!!! :woo: :woo: :woo:

:ahee:
Payday tomorrow, off to Barcelona next friday (3 days paid)...life is good! Although I did get taxed £200 :frown:, it'll be nice when I get it back though.
Is there a reason why Sainsburys regulary have Groceries Online Shopper vacancies at the Beckton, Greater London branch? Do people often leave the job?
Hi again can someone please help me.

What happens if you get an interview but realise the job is too far to travel, can you withdraw your application before the interview and apply for a closer branch?
Reply 5575
if you have changed your mind on that job and have been offered an interview, you will need to call them up to arrange the interview but instead tell them that you have decided it is too far for you to travel. just dont arrange one and dont turn up, so they can offer someone else a chance.

Actually i believe that you have to wait 6 months before you can apply for another? maybe you may want to mention that when you call them up.

or you can call them up to cancel your application
Am I likely to get someone I will work with for my induction tomorrow or someone special?

I need to take my deed poll in with my passport tomorrow as I've changed my name. For personal reasons I don't really want people knowing about it, but I don't have an up to date passport so I'm going to have to show them it.
Reply 5577
inksplodge
how do people apply for xmas temp jobs? we have posters up saying 'recommend a temp' and id like to rec. a family member but i dont know how?

Just give their CV to the department manager.
I work an 8 hours shift, during which I get 30 minutes break. Is the break paid or unpaid?
Also, as I am under 18 I shouldn't face any tax deductions right?

Thanks a lot.
Reply 5579
Paid. You will be taxed just like anyone else.

Latest

Trending

Trending