The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Thanks for the replies :biggrin:

I think ill bang on the doors untill someone comes :eek3:
RNBen
They have people that work at night, one of those will have the door keys, simply knock on the front door - or whichever door people are nearest to and they will let you in.

:yes: I start at 6am saturdays, & at 5am some days in the week in school holidays, & there is a bell on the wall at the main entrance. Someone has a key on night shift (usually the lady that sorts the papers & area around kiosk) lets us in.
kkdonut
lol, well I've got to be in at 5.30am! and theres no other entrance except where the deliveries get dropped off and picked up, should have really asked this to be fair - but it just didnt occur to me at that moment in time - Should be fun :wink:

Is that for induction or something?

If so, then the store trainer will usually meet you outside and then take you in together.

But it seems rather early for induction. If your store doesn't open till ~8am, then the chances are you wont be able to slide open the doors. In which case you'll have to use the back door. Or just hammer the door down?

If you can, I would quickly call and confirm. :yes:
Reply 63
No, this ones not for induction, and the worst part is .. (You ready for this lol..) I have to walk to work that day! :eek:
Ill just bang on the doors till someone comes or look for a bell which will more than likely be in some obscure place :rolleyes:
kkdonut
No, this ones not for induction, and the worst part is .. (You ready for this lol..) I have to walk to work that day! :eek:
Ill just bang on the doors till someone comes or look for a bell which will more than likely be in some obscure place :rolleyes:

Banging is always a good thing to try if all else fails :smile:

(Something tells me this thread will need to be closed soon also.. :eek: )
kkdonut

Ours is a diddy little thing that looks like its been robbed off someones front door :biggrin: & it is a bit tucked away right on the edge of the sliding doors frame. There will almost definately be one on your store. Would be surprised if there's not :yes:
WhereIsMyMind

Haha lets hurry it up then :p:
WhereIsMyMind

Whyy??:confused: :woo:
Longorefisher
Haha lets hurry it up then :p:

LOL! I'm so going to have to create an Orange Thread! :woo: I doubt it will be as popular?

I've noticed something, Sainsbury's employees do tend to be a lot more sociable.. :smile: I think how big the thread was on here is a prime example.. (or we have more to talk about..) or it's simply Sainsbury's doesn't communicate enough and we have to find out new policies ect via here? I dunno :frown:

Have you got your induction dates sorted btw? New starters are always fun.. dressed nice and smart at induction and all raring to go. Give it a week and you couldn't care less! :p:
questionsquestions
Whyy??:confused: :woo:

It's already on the second page with almost 30 posts. It's only been up a few mins! :p:
Reply 70
Spazzycazzy
Ours is a diddy little thing that looks like its been robbed off someones front door :biggrin: & it is a bit tucked away right on the edge of the sliding doors frame. There will almost definitely be one on your store. Would be surprised if there's not :yes:

lol, it is a pretty big store with like double doors with a large foye, so ill make sure ive got the store number in my phone as well.

Theres a bell at the store I used to work at but someone thought it was a good idea to pull it off the wall :confused:

Ooo while im here is anyones store selling chicken pops on the chicken counter - OMG there gorgeous!! :drool:
It's weird, I'd probably miss the TSR Sainsburys thread.

Just not working there :tongue:
kkdonut
lol, it is a pretty big store with like double doors with a large foye, so ill make sure ive got the store number in my phone as well.

Theres a bell at the store I used to work at but someone thought it was a good idea to pull it off the wall :confused:

Ooo while im here is anyones store selling chicken pops on the chicken counter - OMG there gorgeous!! :drool:

Is that like popcorn chicken? We don't sell it, well ive not seen any, but if its like aforementioned food then i'm going to be all over it.
questionsquestions
It's weird, I'd probably miss the TSR Sainsburys thread.

Just not working there :tongue:

I think the TSR Sainsbury's Thread is the best thing Sainsbury's has!

I'm still going to have a nose and poke around to see what's going on! :biggrin: I don't think I'll be shopping at Sainsbury's anymore though..

Edit: Arrghh! Dominic Howard, where art thou?
Reply 74
Untitled258
Is that like popcorn chicken? We don't sell it, well ive not seen any, but if its like aforementioned food then i'm going to be all over it.

Hell yes! - There bigger, alot crisper and less greasy and just :yum: There 5 for £1 but the lurrrvly counter ladies give me like 10 :biggrin:
WhereIsMyMind

I'm still going to have a nose and poke around to see what's going on! :biggrin: I don't think I'll be shopping at Sainsbury's anymore though..

I think Sainsbury's has put me off supermarket shopping fulltop!:biggrin: (Not that I did much in the first place but you know:p: )

I wonder how many posters there have been in this thread altogether? Enough to justify setting up our own store? I think so:yes: :woo:
kkdonut
Hell yes! - There bigger, alot crisper and less greasy and just :yum: There 5 for £1 but the lurrrvly counter ladies give me like 10 :biggrin:

They do something like them in the morrisons up the road, i get them on my university lunch break. We don't have much food to go stuff though :frown:
questionsquestions
I think Sainsbury's has put me off supermarket shopping fulltop!:biggrin: (Not that I did much in the first place but you know:p: )

I wonder how many posters there have been in this thread altogether? Enough to justify setting up our own store? I think so:yes: :woo:

I only used to get bits and bobs from Sainsbury's because of the discount, and because it was convenient to do it after I finished work..

I think I'll only miss the TTD Slow Baked Cookies! Yum! Yum! :woo:

I'm sure we have enough people to run a store. If we don't I'm sure we could hire more with similar personalities.. :yes:
WhereIsMyMind
I only used to get bits and bobs from Sainsbury's because of the discount, and because it was convenient to do it after I finished work..

I think I'll only miss the TTD Slow Baked Cookies! Yum! Yum! :woo:

I'm sure we have enough people to run a store. If we don't I'm sure we could hire more with similar personalities.. :yes:

But what could we do to make our store better than the rest of Sainsbury's?

I'll star with hiring enough staff for checkouts rather than calling everyone else on the shopfloor almost every hour of every day to tills thus slowing down replenishment and leaving shelves empty!!
Reply 79
WhereIsMyMind
New starters are always fun.. dressed nice and smart at induction and all raring to go. Give it a week and you couldn't care less! :p:

Oh yes. When I went in today there was the unmistakeable sight of 3 slightly nervous looking smartly dressed people in the canteen. I will no longer be known as the new one, sad times :frown:

Have any other stores had the till update then? Its really stupid and slow, glad I can remember most of the plu codes.

Latest

Trending

Trending