The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
Freud
Ooh you mean a happy little goodbye card hahaha I misunderstood because it's a concept not worth entertaining :smile: I won't be getting one

oh lolz :biggrin:

just call in sick if you really want to :biggrin:

yh leaving card ahah
:eek3: :woo: :yep: :woo: :eek3: :yep: :woo: :yep: :eek3: :woo: :eek3: :yep:

Sorry too many emotes.

:yep: :eek3: :eek3: :woo: :eek3: :yep: :eek3: :woo: :woo: :woo: :eek3: :eek3: :yep: :yep:

maybe i'll add some more

:yep: :yep: :yep: :eek3: :woo: :woo: :eek3: :eek3: :woo: :woo: :woo:
Reply 801
BSJ
oh lolz :biggrin:

just call in sick if you really want to :biggrin:

yh leaving card ahah
:eek3: :woo: :yep: :woo: :eek3: :yep: :woo: :yep: :eek3: :woo: :eek3: :yep:

Sorry too many emotes.

:yep: :eek3: :eek3: :woo: :eek3: :yep: :eek3: :woo: :woo: :woo: :eek3: :eek3: :yep: :yep:

maybe i'll add some more

:yep: :yep: :yep: :eek3: :woo: :woo: :eek3: :eek3: :woo: :woo: :woo:

:eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

The problem with calling in sick is that I won't be able to get anywhere quiet enough for it to sound vaguely realistic. I'll be whispering down the phone saying I have a migrane then someone will shout something and make it quite obvious I'm not at home in bed... Hmmmm. I'll probably find a way...
Reply 802
Freud
:eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

The problem with calling in sick is that I won't be able to get anywhere quiet enough for it to sound vaguely realistic. I'll be whispering down the phone saying I have a migrane then someone will shout something and make it quite obvious I'm not at home in bed... Hmmmm. I'll probably find a way...

call the night before and chances are it will go to answer message :tongue:
If you have signed a contract for 12 hours then you are not entitled to do anything else. Anything else they add or change it to you can say no. Once you've put your foot down and said you can't do these, you can only do your 12 hours they will likely stop and move on to someone else. They've probably just assumed your fine with it and so it's easy for them to just change yours.
Freud
Ooh you mean a happy little goodbye card hahaha I misunderstood because it's a concept not worth entertaining :smile: I won't be getting one

If you did get one, it's likely to be full of a load of crap.

I got one; 'Going to Miss You Loads! Had lots of fun times together! Thanks for everything' - it went in the bin. It's full of messages from fake people. :yep:
Reply 805
jennifer.re
Yesterday I got my arm pinched by the belt 3 times!
HURT LIKE A COW.

Doesn't it! I always seem to do it, I have to try hard not to swear, I just do it without realising sometimes.

Untitled258
Ha, in my store you just get static shocks off everything, well, everything metal. Ive started to get my locker key out and earth myself, you can see actual little sparks.

The roll cages..... I always get shocked by them, so much so that I now touch them slowly so it doesn't hurt as much.
Reply 806
WhereIsMyMind

I got one; 'Going to Miss You Loads! Had lots of fun times together! Thanks for everything' - it went in the bin. It's full of messages from fake people. :yep:

Managers and supervisors probably get them but a lowly 12hour-contract temp student who pops up every few holidays definitely won't. Hey ho.
Reply 807
WhereIsMyMind

there are some real friends that you do gain along the sainsburys experience, but, they won't miss you, as you will still chill with them :yep:
BSJ
there are some real friends that you do gain along the sainsburys experience, but, they won't miss you, as you will still chill with them :yep:

That's true :wink: Those that I was *actually* close with I'm still in touch with.. I don't even know the lady in the cash office, yet she said 'she'll miss our cheeky conversations' :eek:
Reply 809
jennifer.re
Yesterday I got my arm pinched by the belt 3 times!
HURT LIKE A COW.

It's always a laugh when your sleeve gets sucked into inners of the conveyor belt. I once had to get a customer to help me get out!
Reply 810
Lukely
Sometimes I'm all ready for the refusal and the kick off because not all of them have ID, but sometimes some certain supervisers look at them and they're like... "It's fine sell it" I'm just stood there thinking... well now I feel stupid 'cos my judgement has been overturned lol

Grr.

Don't let them do that to you. If it is a regular occurrence, then you should talk to them / your manager.
Lukely
Sometimes I'm all ready for the refusal and the kick off because not all of them have ID, but sometimes some certain supervisers look at them and they're like... "It's fine sell it" I'm just stood there thinking... well now I feel stupid 'cos my judgement has been overturned lol

Grr.

(Thanks to Foulish for quoting.. I missed this post)

I'm not sure if you've been made aware, but it's at your discretion whether you sell it or not.

If you're logged in to the POS mode, and you are passing the alcohol (albeit with supervisor authorisation) if you have your doubts, you're well within your rights to refuse sale.
Reply 812
Needs Help! Sadly my job application for customer assistant did not go well:frown: . I did the very best I can in the interview stage and waited for 4 days before I received the bad news I did not get the job. For this reason they wrote; While you demonstrated some of the skills we’re looking for, there were other candidates who were a closer match for the role. Therefore, we regret to inform you that we won’t be progressing your application any further on this occasion.

I am applying again trying my luck this time for General assistant position and luckily got to the interview stage again. I'm asking for advice and tips on what can I do to maximize my chance getting this job the 2nd time around. Many Thanks in advance!!!:smile:
Oh-No!
Doesn't it! I always seem to do it, I have to try hard not to swear, I just do it without realising sometimes.

The roll cages..... I always get shocked by them, so much so that I now touch them slowly so it doesn't hurt as much.

Do you pull them by the blue strap? Thats why ive noticed i get all charged with electric! Ive started to make sure i'm holding onto a part of the metal so it stops shocking me.
Reply 814
I don't get shocked by the roll cages. Me and a couple of mates have decided its caused by when your trousers rub on the vinyl floor. My trousers are just the right length so I don't get shocked, but theirs are way too long and they're always getting electrocuted...
Someone in my store suggested that our air con is too dry, and its drying the air out so it just creates static, customers get shocks and everything. Kinda used to it now though.
Reply 816
Untitled258
Do you pull them buy the blue strap? Thats why ive noticed i get all charged with electric! Ive started to make sure i'm holding onto a part of the metal so it stops shocking me.

Ahh, I always thought it might be something to do with that. Dangerous Machinery :eek3:
I hate the shocks from the roll cages. I understand why some of the nightshift wear gloves now. Theres also one that has a flat wheel so it just drags along the floor but the person that loads them up with the deliveries can never put something light like toilet roll on it, oh no they have to put the heaviest things they can find on it so its a right pain dragging it out.
I've only been working at sainsbury's long enough to have been paid just the once but I realised they didn't pay me for my training. Have they done it on purpose (does it generally get paid at a later date?) or do I need to speak to someone?
Reply 819
I didn't get paid for my induction IIRC i should probably have said something at the time but never, stupidly. So yeah pop into HR and say to them.

Latest

Trending

Trending