The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Sainsbury's FAQ's:

Q) Is Justin King God?
A) In human form. Many consider this blasphemy, but now you're under our spell you better believe it... yay Justin!

Q) Water on checkouts?
A) No way, man, believe it or not we believe in developing our colleagues! As a colleague of Sainsbury's, you'll develop survival skills such as how to deal with dehydration - up to 7 and a half waterless hours per 8 hour shift should do nicely!

Q) Will I receieve 100% of the compensation?
A) YES, YOU WILL.

Q) Where's my pay?
A) We at head office make sure we endeavour to pay you, after all, not like we're here to save ourselves money right? Your HR department may enjoy casually deducting your pay - inexplicably, just for a laugh in the office! Don't worry, we treat em like crap too!

Anyone care to add? :yes:
Longorefisher
Yeah got my induction dates - Wed and Thurs next week. When I was there yesterday the staff seemed sociable enough (at least the ones at the bottom were!) Also, I've been job hunting for soo long now that I might last a few weeks before I stop caring :p: .

Just realised though - I forgot to mention that I'm going to see my family down south on the 26th (where I would be working) and I forgot to mention that at interview - Oops!

LOL. Do a few long shifts, and soon you'll be hating the idea of work (and especially at Sainsbury's)

It shouldn't matter too much. Mention it on your induction or whenever you can that you'll need the day off. They're rather nice to new starters! :yes:
Reply 102
WhereIsMyMind
LOL. Do a few long shifts, and soon you'll be hating the idea of work (and especially at Sainsbury's)

It shouldn't matter too much. Mention it on your induction or whenever you can that you'll need the day off. They're rather nice to new starters! :yes:

LOL +1 to that
I wonder if Sainsbury's read this thread.. or even know it exists..
ohhh I feel at home hereee :smile: haha
ShortyGetLow
ohhh I feel at home hereee :smile: haha

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! :smile:

I take it you're a Sainsbury's employee too? :wink:
Yesss, I am :smile: In total worked for them over a year, but in two different stores :')
WhereIsMyMind
I wonder if Sainsbury's read this thread.. or even know it exists..

They probably don't even know the internet exists. Outside Connect, of course:wink:
ShortyGetLow
Yesss, I am :smile: In total worked for them over a year, but in two different stores :')

A braver person than moi:o:
ShortyGetLow

Kinda *snap*

I'll have worked for them for only a year, in two different stores also.

I'm so glad I'm leaving :smile:

I take it you worked on Checkouts or something..
questionsquestions
A braver person than moi:o:

aha, how come?

I quite enjoy it at times. Got 100% in the MCM a couple of weeks back :wink:
questionsquestions
They probably don't even know the internet exists. Outside Connect, of course:wink:

LOL!

I can see it. The next couple of huddles; 'Please refrain from posting on TSR'. :yes:
Reply 112
Hi
I'll be going for the first stage of interview on Friday for a general assistant position.
I was just wondering what the test you do involves.

Thanks you
WhereIsMyMind
Kinda *snap*

I'll have worked for them for only a year, in two different stores also.

I'm so glad I'm leaving :smile:

I take it you worked on Checkouts or something..

How come you're leaving? Traitor! :O

lol, yeah checkouts.

Whats everyones favourite department to be on? Or is that Sad to ask? lol
Snappers
Hi
I'll be going for the first stage of interview on Friday for a general assistant position.

Thanks you

From what I remember they were simple english/maths questions :smile:
ShortyGetLow
How come you're leaving? Traitor! :O

lol, yeah checkouts.

Whats everyones favourite department to be on? Or is that Sad to ask? lol

If I'm honest. I've had enough of the place. I need a change. Plus, I need something Part Time now.

I've been on literally every bit of Sainsbury's. Checkouts, CSD, Team Leading (Checkouts), HR/admin.

I guess my favourite department was HR. I loved it there.
Reply 116
Snappers
Hi

Thanks you

Not allowed to go into specifics, but seriously dont panic... you will have a DVD test which is very easy focusing on customer service skills, compatability and numeracy (Like 3+5=8) ... and then a one to one asking questions such as what skills you can bring and so on...

It will be fine just think about what they may ask you and be prepared :smile:
Snappers
Hi

Thanks you

One-to-One

In this bit, you'll be with the inteviewer (in most cases the department manager), and you'll be asked some generic question.
1. A little bit about yourself - any previous experience? What are you doing at the moment - school/college?
2. Health and Safety - you'll be asked to fill in a generic profile. It'll have questions like, do you have asthma? Do you need assistance (if you're disabled).
3. Details - you'll be asked to provide evidence of your entitlement to work in the UK. Some will photocopy this - but it can always be done at the induction (if you make it there).
4. Availability Matrix - you'll be asked to fill in a grid as to when you can work (inc overtime etc) - basically to see if you're flexible.

DVD Test

In this section, you'll be given an answer booklet and you'll have to watch and answer as you go along.
The DVD is split into a couple of sections;

1. Customer Service Scenarios - you'll watch a couple of clips and you'll be asked what you would do. What's the best action to take.
2. Attention to Detail - you'll again, watch a couple of clips. In these clips, you'll have to watch out for and spot any potential problems.
3. Maths Test - this is perhaps the most easiest part of the test. It'll have basic (I mean really basic) questions, 'Someone has 8 oranges, they want 12, how many more do you need?'
4. Personality and Profile Check - you'll have to tick whether it's like you, a lot like you etc
WhereIsMyMind
If I'm honest. I've had enough of the place. I need a change. Plus, I need something Part Time now.

I've been on literally every bit of Sainsbury's. Checkouts, CSD, Team Leading (Checkouts), HR/admin.

I guess my favourite department was HR. I loved it there.

Were they not able to reduce your contract?
I've only been on checkouts and briefly on kiosk, but i much prefer checkouts. Don't really intend on moving :p:
WhereIsMyMind
LOL!

I can see it. The next couple of huddles; 'Please refrain from posting on TSR'. :yes:

If you google sainsburys interview etc. or anything along those lines then this forum is top! I gamble that some savvy high-flying staff member knows about it by now :p: .

Lol and I wonder why they are so nice to their new starters? How high is the turnover rate of staff (and, by the same accord, if I stick it out until I'm 18 (only just over a year) what are my odds of being promoted to team leader etc.)

Latest

Trending

Trending