Turn on thread page Beta

Last day of my holiday. Well, of my contracted hours. Back in on Wednesday. I enjoyed not having 5am starts in my week :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hey it would be great if you guys could help me out, i have an interview on tuesday for a part time general assitant.
    1) what sort of questions are on the Maths and DVD
    test.
    2) What does the one to one interview involve.
    3) What should i wear (suit+Tie?)
    Sorry if this has already been answered but i can't be bothered to look through the 80 pages in the thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AgentSushi)
    Hey it would be great if you guys could help me out, i have an interview on tuesday for a part time general assitant.
    1) what sort of questions are on the Maths and DVD
    test.
    2) What does the one to one interview involve.
    3) What should i wear (suit+Tie?)
    Sorry if this has already been answered but i can't be bothered to look through the 80 pages in the thread.
    The maths questions are basically: A customer has 7 oranges, and they would like 13. How many more oranges do they need?

I wore a dark polo shirt and black trousers to my interview. Im not sure weither a tie might be overdoing the formal aproach.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    induction is all over, hooray... not sure if i'm looking forward to starting work though. i'm a bit scared. :s

ReputationRep:
    Bleh, some girl mentioned to me today that having a nail varnish in french manicure style is not allowed?

I will be annoyed if it isn't, I don't like my nails to be naked :/
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Fawn)
    Bleh, some girl mentioned to me today that having a nail varnish in french manicure style is not allowed?

My handbook just says short and clean...

(Original post by Longorefisher)
    I know :p: - But if (Before admins lynch me - hypothetical scenario) you can't spot that the label for Andrex toilet rolls buy one get one free is under the Chilli sauce then that could be a problem
    :rofl:

Still, that'll be more observational skills - rather than common sense..

Smart-arse! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm really worried about the DVD test/interview but I'm sure once it's over I'll be thinking the exact same as you all

(Original post by john_daniel)
    I'm really worried about the DVD test/interview but I'm sure once it's over I'll be thinking the exact same as you all
    Please, don't be.

I'm not sure if my comments have in any way affected your belief of the test for the worse; but honestly, it's not that bad at all.

If I could give you one piece of advice, it would be to wear glasses or contacts and to have a good look at EVERYTHING you see on screen. Don't always look for the obvious things!

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Please, don't be.

I'm not sure if my comments have in any way affected your belief of the test for the worse; but honestly, it's not that bad at all.

If I could give you one piece of advice, it would be to wear glasses or contacts and to have a good look at EVERYTHING you see on screen. Don't always look for the obvious things!

Good Luck!
    I knew i should of took my glasses :rolleyes:

Also, while i remember, im guessing HR dont work weekends? its been 2 days since i applied and then expected to hear today, then i realised today was Saturday.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Well I heard about my job on a Saturday, and I didn't expect to!

I actually need to take my glasses to work with me because there's a screen and I can't read it because I'm too short and well I'm sure glasses could help me lol. Unfortunately my glasses slide off my nose (they can't seem to do anything about that :rolleyes:) so there's a danger they could break...

ReputationRep:
    I don't need glasses, will sit close to screen if possible. I hope I get the job, I've read both Sainsbury's threads on TSR and you are all great people!

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview wednesday :woo:

(Original post by polka_dott)
    I have an interview wednesday :woo:
    Nice. What position? Is it just for Christmas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fawn)

Hopefully your store isn't too strict about it. Ours isn't. And I never wear my hair up either, & its past my shoulders. Others with even longer hair wear theirs down too. And the make up rules a joke, some of them put it on with a trowel! I think it will definately be a wait n see what your stores like, kinda thing.

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to think about what interview questions are likely to come up for the Customer Service Assistant role :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john_daniel)
    I'm trying to think about what interview questions are likely to come up for the Customer Service Assistant role :rolleyes:
    Forum rules says we are not allowed to release that information, but good luck nevertheless :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Guess who's the council rep for their dept now
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    LOL. I got given a long sleeved shirt thing and my goodness is it big. I look like I'm wearing some sort of man's long sleeved shirt and a pair of maternity trousers... At least it gives me a few giggles? Please tell me the maroon-y/plum-y colour uniform looks better? :tongue:

Good job, ScarletBlaster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    LOL. I got given a long sleeved shirt thing and my goodness is it big. I look like I'm wearing some sort of man's long sleeved shirt and a pair of maternity trousers... At least it gives me a few giggles? Please tell me the maroon-y/plum-y colour uniform looks better? :tongue:

Good job, ScarletBlaster
    I think it does. More figure-hugging to inspire male colleagues and generally makes you look maturer.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.