The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1620
Last day of my holiday. Well, of my contracted hours. Back in on Wednesday. I enjoyed not having 5am starts in my week :p:
Hey it would be great if you guys could help me out, i have an interview on tuesday for a part time general assitant.
1) what sort of questions are on the Maths and DVD
test.
2) What does the one to one interview involve.
3) What should i wear (suit+Tie?)
Sorry if this has already been answered but i can't be bothered to look through the 80 pages in the thread.
Reply 1622
AgentSushi
Hey it would be great if you guys could help me out, i have an interview on tuesday for a part time general assitant.
1) what sort of questions are on the Maths and DVD
test.
2) What does the one to one interview involve.
3) What should i wear (suit+Tie?)
Sorry if this has already been answered but i can't be bothered to look through the 80 pages in the thread.

The maths questions are basically: A customer has 7 oranges, and they would like 13. How many more oranges do they need?

I wore a dark polo shirt and black trousers to my interview. Im not sure weither a tie might be overdoing the formal aproach.
induction is all over, hooray... not sure if i'm looking forward to starting work though. i'm a bit scared. :s
Reply 1624
Bleh, some girl mentioned to me today that having a nail varnish in french manicure style is not allowed?

I will be annoyed if it isn't, I don't like my nails to be naked :/
Fawn
Bleh, some girl mentioned to me today that having a nail varnish in french manicure style is not allowed?

My handbook just says short and clean...
Longorefisher
I know :p: - But if (Before admins lynch me - hypothetical scenario) you can't spot that the label for Andrex toilet rolls buy one get one free is under the Chilli sauce then that could be a problem

:rofl:

Still, that'll be more observational skills - rather than common sense..

Smart-arse! :p: :biggrin:
I'm really worried about the DVD test/interview but I'm sure once it's over I'll be thinking the exact same as you all :smile:
john_daniel
I'm really worried about the DVD test/interview but I'm sure once it's over I'll be thinking the exact same as you all :smile:

Please, don't be.

I'm not sure if my comments have in any way affected your belief of the test for the worse; but honestly, it's not that bad at all.

If I could give you one piece of advice, it would be to wear glasses or contacts and to have a good look at EVERYTHING you see on screen. Don't always look for the obvious things! :smile:

Good Luck!
Reply 1629
WhereIsMyMind
Please, don't be.

I'm not sure if my comments have in any way affected your belief of the test for the worse; but honestly, it's not that bad at all.

If I could give you one piece of advice, it would be to wear glasses or contacts and to have a good look at EVERYTHING you see on screen. Don't always look for the obvious things! :smile:

Good Luck!

I knew i should of took my glasses :rolleyes:

Also, while i remember, im guessing HR dont work weekends? its been 2 days since i applied and then expected to hear today, then i realised today was Saturday.
Well I heard about my job on a Saturday, and I didn't expect to!

I actually need to take my glasses to work with me because there's a screen and I can't read it because I'm too short and well I'm sure glasses could help me lol. Unfortunately my glasses slide off my nose (they can't seem to do anything about that :rolleyes:) so there's a danger they could break...
I don't need glasses, will sit close to screen if possible. I hope I get the job, I've read both Sainsbury's threads on TSR and you are all great people! :biggrin:
I have an interview wednesday :woo:
Reply 1633
polka_dott
I have an interview wednesday :woo:

Nice. What position? Is it just for Christmas?
Fawn

Hopefully your store isn't too strict about it. Ours isn't. And I never wear my hair up either, & its past my shoulders. Others with even longer hair wear theirs down too. And the make up rules a joke, some of them put it on with a trowel! :biggrin: I think it will definately be a wait n see what your stores like, kinda thing.
I'm trying to think about what interview questions are likely to come up for the Customer Service Assistant role :rolleyes:
john_daniel
I'm trying to think about what interview questions are likely to come up for the Customer Service Assistant role :rolleyes:

Forum rules says we are not allowed to release that information, but good luck nevertheless :rolleyes:
Guess who's the council rep for their dept now :biggrin:
LOL. I got given a long sleeved shirt thing and my goodness is it big. I look like I'm wearing some sort of man's long sleeved shirt and a pair of maternity trousers... At least it gives me a few giggles? Please tell me the maroon-y/plum-y colour uniform looks better? :tongue:

Good job, ScarletBlaster :biggrin:
Reply 1639
inksplodge
LOL. I got given a long sleeved shirt thing and my goodness is it big. I look like I'm wearing some sort of man's long sleeved shirt and a pair of maternity trousers... At least it gives me a few giggles? Please tell me the maroon-y/plum-y colour uniform looks better? :tongue:

Good job, ScarletBlaster :biggrin:

I think it does. More figure-hugging to inspire male colleagues and generally makes you look maturer.

Latest

Trending

Trending