The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 1
Jxhn
Well no, marginal fails get reconsidered quickly. The liklihood in a poster subject (Economics, Law, M+E) is very very low though.

how about BSc A&F?

__natalie__
i missed by one ums mark.
they said they'd considered it but they had 'very little flexibility this year'.
i've applied for a reamrk, but it's not looking good :'(.

Sad case. I hope ur remark will give u the last UMS. I have heard many cases which students miss by 2 UMS marks. They got through with remark so i guess 1 UMS less of a problem.

thienngoan
I got AAAA for pure Economics course ( L101) but my ielts is not enough
When i got 7 writing, my speaking is 6.5
when i got 7 speaking, writing is 6.5 T_____T
It's now too late to retake. I sent both to them.
i feel so disappointed. In ucas, my stutas for LSE is still conditional.
is it possible that LSE may let me get in ?

Luck me. I would be in the same situation if i did not take GCE-O-Level 1119 English.
I am sure i am unable to achieve 7 in every aspect. Fortunately, my 1119 grade got through their minimum requirement marginally.
I guess it is would be hard for them to accept you as English is important for essay writing. Besides that, they said those english qualifications are the MINIMUM requirement. :frown:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Nissay
my friend managed to get in, she missed her A grade in Econs and got a B. it was for the business statistics course though, not sure of how competitive it is.

Sounds exactly like what I'm probably going to do! Have you any idea what UMS marks she got? Sorry to be a nuisance!
thienngoan
I got AAAA for pure Economics course ( L101) but my ielts is not enough
When i got 7 writing, my speaking is 6.5
when i got 7 speaking, writing is 6.5 T_____T
It's now too late to retake. I sent both to them.
i feel so disappointed. In ucas, my stutas for LSE is still conditional.
is it possible that LSE may let me get in ?

hey you know what? i had the same problem and i was planning to retake it... until LSE said that they don't need my IELTS results:mad:
Reply 4
evaluat_ion
hey you know what? i had the same problem and i was planning to retake it... until LSE said that they don't need my IELTS results:mad:

Wow, doing a law digree without having a 7 in IELTS will be fairly difficult, I hope you're up for a challenge.
astudent
Wow, doing a law digree without having a 7 in IELTS will be fairly difficult, I hope you're up for a challenge.

haha i had 8 in IELTS overall so no worries=]
I did a UMS estimate for Economics (I need an A) and it came to 481 UMS! I am scared, if I do get in it will be by a small margin.
Reply 7
Nissay
my friend managed to get in, she missed her A grade in Econs and got a B. it was for the business statistics course though, not sure of how competitive it is.

I am worried that I may be in the same position this year :s-smilie: Were her other two subjects maths and further maths?
Reply 8
Joy Division
I did a UMS estimate for Economics (I need an A) and it came to 481 UMS! I am scared, if I do get in it will be by a small margin.

Do you do OCR? I do and I've only ever got scrape As except for the Euro unit which I had to retake in June and I need an A for that as well as Development Economics, or I'll completely screwed. To be honest, I never really understood how to get a high A. For the last two exams in the summer, I tried to use as much economic theory as I could remember ... I just don't know.
Reply 9
autohmail
Do you do OCR? I do and I've only ever got scrape As except for the Euro unit which I had to retake in June and I need an A for that as well as Development Economics, or I'll completely screwed. To be honest, I never really understood how to get a high A. For the last two exams in the summer, I tried to use as much economic theory as I could remember ... I just don't know.

Same here. Going into the summer exams, module wise I was BBAE, (the E was in Transport for some reason, I just had a bad day).

I resat Transport (obviously) Market Systems and also did Development. Really, I don't think I did enough to get an A.
Reply 10
Development was such a messed-up paper simply because it felt more abstract than ever.

It's so touch and go. I need to banish the idea of moving to London at the end of September out of my head for the next 12 days.
autohmail

Hi sorry for the late reply.

Yep I do OCR, I was really nervous for the 2888 exam and I was shaking that day, I don't think I did too well. Plus, it was an easy paper so the grade boundaries will be quite high. :frown: sigh
Reply 12
Joy Division

me too... i am damn f*** up for econ... sometimes i hate myself for taking econ.
JingYun
me too... i am damn f*** up for econ... sometimes i hate myself for taking econ.

You only need AAB right? you are fine. :yes:
Reply 14
Joy Division
You only need AAB right? you are fine. :yes:

How u know that?
After getting through the result part, i still need to worry about visa. Darn!!! :mad:
JingYun
How u know that?
After getting through the result part, i still need to worry about visa. Darn!!! :mad:

Acc+Fin right? I know you from the BW thread, I'm in BW too...yay. :p:

Well at least if you don't get a visa, you can say that you didn't fail to get into LSE, you just failed to gain entry to the UK. :colonhash:
Reply 16
Joy Division
Acc+Fin right? I know you from the BW thread, I'm in BW too...yay. :p:

Well at least if you don't get a visa, you can say that you didn't fail to get into LSE, you just failed to gain entry to the UK. :colonhash:

Yes A&F. That would mean the same. No visa= fail LSE unless LSE shifts to my home country. Better still if it is situated right beside my house. hoho :woo: :woo:
JingYun
Yes A&F. That would mean the same. No visa= fail LSE unless LSE shifts to my home country. Better still if it is situated right beside my house. hoho :woo: :woo:

a. Fail LSE offer + successful visa
b. Fail visa + meet LSE offer

b. is much better! :top:
btw you could try out LSE, Lahore School of Economics in Bangladesh if you don't get in. :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending