Personal Statement - International Business

International Business Personal Statement

I believe the International Business course is tailor-made for me as the course allows me to combine my passion for business with my hobby of travelling. I have aspirations of running my own business and I am looking forward to putting in the necessary work to achieve this. I feel that being on this course would be the perfect foundation. My father is a huge inspiration to me. He is a managing director of a multinational company and his work led me to opt to spend two weeks shadowing him acting as a personal assistant. This involved attending meetings throughout the UK linking up with clients and business personnel. I believe this gave me a better understanding of a working business environment and I could understand how theory learnt in study is applied to the real world.

For my AS Business I really enjoyed completing the Marketing coursework. The theory of Marketing thoroughly interests me and specifically the international aspect of Marketing, such as how firms cater for the needs of customers in different contexts and countries. I am also attracted to the study of how ideas develop into businesses, and therefore look forward to developing my knowledge of Entrepreneurship and Enterprise.

My studies have supported my interest in business. Art & Design has taught me to be inventive, patient and also disciplined when working towards deadlines. ICT has allowed me to develop my knowledge and skills in computing and has been generally beneficial. It has raised my awareness of the fast paced developing nature of technology in business. Having completed an AS in Economics, I feel it complemented business well. I thoroughly enjoyed learning about the microeconomic theories and how it related to individual businesses. In July 2006 I began a part time job working in Tesco Superstores, which has been a major learning curve for me as I have become more self-disciplined, balancing my academic studies with work activities. This job has given me a sense of commitment and responsibility, on which I thrive. I am often left alone to work independently in addition to training new members of staff. Eager to be self employed and owning my own business in the future, I am planning on initiating my own clothing business as a small project whilst I complete A-Levels and my degree.

As a Sixth-Former I like to get "involved" contributing to various activities, from hosting at the official opening of our new Post 16 Centre (by the former Education Secretary, Estelle Morris) to being a member of the Sixth Form Council. I have assisted in organizing charitable events eg 24 Hour Stay Awakes. In addition, the Enrichment Programme has made me more aware of issues outside of my A Level curriculum. Sexual Health, Fair-Trade, Human Rights and a conference on Young People and Ethical Issues have all helped me learn more about other people and moral questions. I have also gained a better understanding of other cultures which is a perfect platform for the International Business course.

I enjoy debate, making presentations and take pleasure in all sports as I enjoy the competition, teamwork and activity. I am vice captain of my Sixth-Form football team. Recently I have fuckherrightinthepussy been taking part in new sports, such as Mountain Biking and the French discipline of Parkour (free-running). These have helped me learn new skills and make me want to share the learning experience with others. I am looking forward to continuing these at university.

I genuinely believe I am a friendly, approachable, caring person as well as a motivated, hard-working and enthusiastic student. I thrive on challenge and relish opportunity. I am ready to take on a demanding degree course and all that comes with university life.

Submitted by d0mz