The Student Room Group

Sainsbury's AC - buying

I've just had a phone call from Sainsbury's inviting me to an assessment centre on Thursday (a bit late notice!). Anyone have experience of a Sainsbury's assessment centre?

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Good luck ! I heard its very hard
Im sure your'll be fine :smile: good luck!
Reply 3
Has anyone else been invited or experienced the AC day. I am going on one and would appreciate any help on what to expect....
Reply 4
hi, mine is on next tuesday. as d00bey mentioned earlier we'll be expected to face an interview, perform a roleplay, a presentation and a group work. the only advise i got from them is to 'be yourself'! also research the company. good luck to all
Original post by sally27
I've just had a phone call from Sainsbury's inviting me to an assessment centre on Thursday (a bit late notice!). Anyone have experience of a Sainsbury's assessment centre?

Thanks!

Yep, did one last year. I have experience of a Store Development one and bits of a retail one. Basically what everyone else said. You will have to prepare a presentation, sit an interview and do a group exercise.
Reply 6
Do we have todo any online tests again like verbal or numerical? Also do we get told in advance what the presentation is on?
Original post by alanfttn
Do we have todo any online tests again like verbal or numerical? Also do we get told in advance what the presentation is on?

No you dont have to do any test and yes you should get a briefing email on what the presentation is on.
Reply 8
Hi,
Just to give any of you who still have a AC to go to a but more info, the presentation has to last around 20 mins. You will receive it a week before the date of your AC. After the 20 mins there will be a further 25 mins, which I'm told will be used to question you about the content of your presentation.
This is for the retail scheme but I imagine it will be pretty similar to all the other schemes offered.
Reply 9
Original post by kerpau
Hi,
Just to give any of you who still have a AC to go to a but more info, the presentation has to last around 20 mins. You will receive it a week before the date of your AC. After the 20 mins there will be a further 25 mins, which I'm told will be used to question you about the content of your presentation.
This is for the retail scheme but I imagine it will be pretty similar to all the other schemes offered.

Is this for the Grad scheme or the summer internship? Any idea when the ACs for the internships take place? As the ACs run from November to March, I'm guessing the internship ACs will be the last ones in March...
Reply 10
Hi,

this was about the Grad scheme. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the internship AC's have a presentation as well. But whether they will be as long I don't know.

All Grad AC's are taking place at da moment. So I think you're right and the Intern AC's will happen after they have finished.:smile:
Reply 11
Original post by kerpau
Hi,

this was about the Grad scheme. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the internship AC's have a presentation as well. But whether they will be as long I don't know.

All Grad AC's are taking place at da moment. So I think you're right and the Intern AC's will happen after they have finished.:smile:

OK! I'll wait a bit longer then! On the website it says that most ACs will take place in January and February but in the email they keep sending me it says November to March so I guess they do the internship ACs in March.
Reply 12
hey, ive applied to the summer scheme and keep getting that email too saying the AC is between november and March!
However, i emailed separately in Jan to try and get more info and i was told the internship buying AC will be in Feb, and you will get two weeks notice. But as its already the 16th Feb and i havent heard anything, then im presuming its in March!
Unless I havent got through and they havent told me...
But i'm hoping its just in March!
Reply 13
Original post by Steph66
hey, ive applied to the summer scheme and keep getting that email too saying the AC is between november and March!
However, i emailed separately in Jan to try and get more info and i was told the internship buying AC will be in Feb, and you will get two weeks notice. But as its already the 16th Feb and i havent heard anything, then im presuming its in March!
Unless I havent got through and they havent told me...
But i'm hoping its just in March!

I'm in exactly the same position as you! I think (hope) they will all be in March as I guess the internship ACs will be the very last ones. So there's still hope! I'm going to email at the beginning of March if I haven't heard by then.
Reply 14
Yes sounds like a good plan, keep me posted if you hear anything! Are you on a year abroad at the moment (I see from your location)? I am as well! I'm working in Paris so I really need notice if I do get a place on the AC as eurostars need to be booked if I'm lucky enough to get through!
Reply 15
Original post by Steph66
Yes sounds like a good plan, keep me posted if you hear anything! Are you on a year abroad at the moment (I see from your location)? I am as well! I'm working in Paris so I really need notice if I do get a place on the AC as eurostars need to be booked if I'm lucky enough to get through!

I will do! Yes, I'm on my year abroad too in Lille so I shall be on the Eurostar too if I get a place! Do you reckon they pay travel expenses?
Reply 16
Hi everyone,

They pay expenses of up to £50 if you are invited to an assessment centre I believe.
Reply 17
o really? that's good to know, thanks! Although maybe it wont be the same case if its just an internship AC, we will see. How did you find that out anyway? have you been to an AC at Sainsbury's before?
Reply 18
Just got an email saying I didnt get through to the summer scheme buying AC :frown: anyone else hear anything? Would be interested to know what kind of thing they are looking for to get through.
At least I don't have to spend money on a eurostar now anyway!
Reply 19
Hey Steph66, sorry to hear you didn't get through to the AC, were they able to tell you why at all or was it a standard email? I applied for the HR summer scheme and was told they'd be having the ACs in the beginning of March and I'd hear back the end of this month, starting to get nervous now, hopefully I hear something this week!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending