The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6620
Original post by inksplodge
haha we were down there at 7 for COD, lots of people in sburys uniform but only one person was actually working!! lol.

Is the launch of this game comparable to Modern Warfare? I don't think I could stand a shift answering 200 phone calls about it :frown:

Soon find out tonight :frown:
Reply 6621
Im still waiting for my feedback.

Called HR at 11am Yesterday to be told they would get the manager who interviewed me to call me back. Havent heard anything yet. :l
Original post by Foulish
Is the launch of this game comparable to Modern Warfare? I don't think I could stand a shift answering 200 phone calls about it :frown:

Soon find out tonight :frown:

there was one person outside when we went in... i think most of the staff bought the copies! my boyf said there were loads of people at the MW launch and he was expecting it to be busier
Reply 6623
definately havent sold more than mw2, last year it was all about price and sold out in the first hour or two. now the price is £11.97 more and around the normal price of a new release at sainsburys (£39.99). however the offer of spend £30 is pretty good, but doesn't form queues. it is still selling though, steadily which is what they wanted rather than get them in and sell out immediately.
staff had their £30 worth of shopping ready for 8am with their copies :rofl: with the discount it makes the game a very reasonable £32.
Reply 6625
Original post by mug51
definately havent sold more than mw2, last year it was all about price and sold out in the first hour or two. now the price is £11.97 more and around the normal price of a new release at sainsburys (£39.99). however the offer of spend £30 is pretty good, but doesn't form queues. it is still selling though, steadily which is what they wanted rather than get them in and sell out immediately.

I think Sainsbury's learnt their lesson from the last release and had more delivered - which is why it seems that the game has not sold very well.
Original post by Foulish
I think Sainsbury's learnt their lesson from the last release and had more delivered - which is why it seems that the game has not sold very well.

We still only had about 20 copies of Xbox :dontknow: so meh
Reply 6627
i think it's a good measure of supply and demand this time round, maybes a bit more supply than demand though.
we still have around 80-90 xbox copies and 100-120 ps3 copies at close last night although we did get a few extras transferred from another store.

some kids got thrown out at the launch for not having i.d., must have been gutted to wait and get thrown out lol
Reply 6628
Hi guys, I have an interview on Saturday! Can you give me some helpful inside information that I might not be able to get from looking at interview tips? =)
Hi Guys
:smile:
I work as online shopper at sainsburys part time but have been offered to go for internal vacancy as "code controller" cos its full time hours which i need. but i really have no idea about what this job is really like.. ive asked 1 guy who does it already in our store but hes not very talkative, he only said that he works 6-7 days a week :s-smilie:

.. which i kinda dont want to do, but what is the job like ?? has anyone done this?? i know u basically spend all your time in perishable goods checking the dates and moving the stock around and reducing items, is that right? do you think it would be boring?? do u have to be really good with numbers?

sorry for all the qs!
thank u any1 who replies :smile:
oh n just my input cos a lot of ppl seem to ask this question...

from my application online it took about 4 days to find out i had an interview.. after my interview (which lasted 2 hours and was involved dvd test, maths test, general customer servicey type questions like the online one).. it took a week to receive an email saying i was being offered the job. you're then told to ring up the recruitment line and u get given a date for your induction, mine was about 2 weeks later on a thursday and friday all day from 9am until 6pm and then i started my first shift on the monday right after that.

if any1 wants to know anything else about this process (apart from telling u indepth stuff about the interview cos we arent allowed) i am happy to help cos this was all in august 2010 for me so its pretty current information :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6631
Original post by Schumacher
Want to know what really annoys me? When people put their cash/Nectar down on the bagging area instead of actually handing me them. So ignorant.

I put my staff discount + nectar card down on the belt :P
sorry i keep posting, keep thinking of things :smile: haha

also this guy on my department just left but hes kinda regretting it and wants to come back... how can he do this? apply online again when a vacancy comes up, would they consider him again? or should he just talk to someone internally? i really want him to come back he was one of my best m8s on the job!! and he left on a good note, popular & no problems so maybe he can come back?
Original post by Foulish
I put my staff discount + nectar card down on the belt :P

:mad:
Reply 6634
Original post by HarryA

Original post by HarryA
Hi guys, I have an interview on Saturday! Can you give me some helpful inside information that I might not be able to get from looking at interview tips? =)

How did you get to the interview stage?
Original post by Kash:)
How did you get to the interview stage?

You need to pass the online questionnaire to get to the interview stage. As soon as a few people pass it they take the vacancy off the website.
yeah my manager told me they take it off as soon as 2 ppl pass it... TWO.. so be quick!!
Reply 6637
So i just got my Feedback. I failed the Customer Service part of the DVD, meaning they cannot take my application further :|

The Customer Service part is section 1 right? i feel like i did fine with that..
Original post by Eddikins
So i just got my Feedback. I failed the Customer Service part of the DVD, meaning they cannot take my application further :|

The Customer Service part is section 1 right? i feel like i did fine with that..

sorry u failed it dude, it can be really hard cos some of the answers r just so close to each other :s-smilie: somehow i did pass my interview (in the summer)but i was also told that they dont base it fully on the questions, ur manager (interviewer) has the discretion to decide based on how he feels overall as well as long as he can justify it. which is what i think happened to me. i dont think i did very well on the questions tbh!! cos i found it pretty hard. but he said to me in my feedback when i saw him after i started the job, that he just liked me and knew i was right for it as soon as i walked in :biggrin: lol so he said the questions n the dvd etc only went part way towards his descion. soooo. sorry i waffled on but good luck if u apply again.. a good tip i received was if you just ALWAYS think of putting the customer first NO MATTER WHAT, then u will go for the right answer... tis redic hard tho i think for a simple job.. x
Reply 6639
Original post by Jack_1919
sorry u failed it dude, it can be really hard cos some of the answers r just so close to each other :s-smilie: somehow i did pass my interview (in the summer)but i was also told that they dont base it fully on the questions, ur manager (interviewer) has the discretion to decide based on how he feels overall as well as long as he can justify it. which is what i think happened to me. i dont think i did very well on the questions tbh!! cos i found it pretty hard. but he said to me in my feedback when i saw him after i started the job, that he just liked me and knew i was right for it as soon as i walked in :biggrin: lol so he said the questions n the dvd etc only went part way towards his descion. soooo. sorry i waffled on but good luck if u apply again.. a good tip i received was if you just ALWAYS think of putting the customer first NO MATTER WHAT, then u will go for the right answer... tis redic hard tho i think for a simple job.. x

:redface: You are right, some of the questions i couldnt work out at all which one could be right cos i thought 2 of the options were both fine! so i just ended up guessing them.

I suppose in a sense weither you get the job or not is purely down to luck from guessing the answers! :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending