The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by garlicbreadman
Thanks. I'll constantly be on my phone from now on

I hope they are not going to increase the UKCAT cut-off, but I will probabaly get 0/15% for the UKCAT which is quite a lot.

Let's wait and see who else gets interviews tomorrow.

You must be quite chuffed- interview, high UKCAT, amazing grades. (I'm jealous):tongue:

10:30 ma bad. read the email wrong :redface:

Meh. I was really excited, but now I'm bricking about the amount of prep I should have done.

mind, 15% is a somewhat small percentage out of the total so don't despair :colondollar: AND STOP WORRYING! :tongue:

Spoiler

Original post by spacepirate-James

Meh. I was really excited, but now I'm bricking about the amount of prep I should have done.

mind, 15% is a somewhat small percentage out of the total so don't despair :colondollar: AND STOP WORRYING! :tongue:

Spoiler

I forgive you for your mistake :tongue:
Honestly, don't worry. You have 2 weeks for preparation. Just relax tonight, and start interview prep tomorrow. I am sure that if you do 45mins-1hour everyday, u will be absolutely fine!
Reply 142
Ooh, there's a thread for this!

I'm applying to Medicine at St Andrews :smile: and am growing more and more paranoid each day that nowhere wants me.
Oh well.
Reply 143
Hey, not sure how to reply directly to stuff so I hope people see this :smile: ! Yes I am from Scotland, near Edinburgh, and I got my email at 10:00 am this morning! It was funny coz I was only checking to see if my dispatch email came from asos, amazing surprise!!! I got 6 A band 1s and 640 in the ukcat ( :s-smilie: ), and I've got fairly good experience. But as I said I'm sure it's just random!!
Good luck guys! Xxxx
Original post by IrinaE
Hey, not sure how to reply directly to stuff so I hope people see this :smile: ! Yes I am from Scotland, near Edinburgh, and I got my email at 10:00 am this morning! It was funny coz I was only checking to see if my dispatch email came from asos, amazing surprise!!! I got 6 A band 1s and 640 in the ukcat ( :s-smilie: ), and I've got fairly good experience. But as I said I'm sure it's just random!!
Good luck guys! Xxxx

It's funny how the 2 people with interviews so far both have 6A band 1s :rolleyes:
Original post by spacepirate-James

Spoiler

For your interview, just make sure you know why you want to do medicine (sounds silly but can be difficult to answer when put on the spot). Also very important - know in quite a bit of detail about the st andrews course and why you think it would suit you. They like to know that you have made a considered application and didn't just pick st andrews out of a hat. Maybe find out about some of the research conducted in st andrews etc. Be able to talk about your PS. You can't really practise for the science part of the interview. If you're ok with all of that then you should be fine. Good luck in your interview!
I don't think you get an interview just based on your UKCAT result cause I got 710 for my UKCAT but was not offered an interview... :frown: I guess my grades were not good enough..
Reply 147
Congratulations for all your interviews!
When did you all apply?
I just got an interview with St. Andrews!!!! I am from the US of A, and was wondering if anyone could throw some helpful tips my way=)
Thank ya!
Original post by iDream_iLive
I just got an interview with St. Andrews!!!! I am from the US of A, and was wondering if anyone could throw some helpful tips my way=)
Thank ya!

Congratulations!
When did you find out today?

The isc Medical Interview is fantastic! And I'd recommend reading over previous interview threads, etc.

Will you be coming down to Scotland for your interview then? Or are you an American applicant living in Scotland? :confused:
Eh.... congrats to everyone with interviews. I have no idea why i applied to St.As ... i will eat my left arm if i don't get immediately rejected; what a waste of a choice.
Original post by Shellfish002
Eh.... congrats to everyone with interviews. I have no idea why i applied to St.As ... i will eat my left arm if i don't get immediately rejected; what a waste of a choice.

Why do yoy say so?
I am quite sure it isn't a wasted choice and it's early days yet. Afaik, from online forums, only 3 people have had interview invites so far. Obviously many more will also have invites.

You UKCAT and grades seem excellent so I don't understand why you are worrying.
(edited 13 years ago)
Congratulations!
When did you find out today?

The isc Medical Interview is fantastic! And I'd recommend reading over previous interview threads, etc.

Will you be coming down to Scotland for your interview then? Or are you an American applicant living in Scotland? :confused:

Yup, found out today :banana: when I was checking my email for the millionth time this morning (this process has made me check my email like every 5 seconds :biggrin: )
Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to do that!
I'll be staying in London for all of December so I'm just going to take a train or a bus up there for the interview
I am a first year Medical student in St Andrews, and believe me that you will have no regrets studying medicine at St Andrews. The facilities in the new medical building are second to none, and the teaching staff are excellent, as they make an effort to ensure that you understand what is being taught. After all, Medicine has been taught in St Andrews for exactly 600 years, and is the 3rd oldest university in the English speaking world. Good luck with your applications!
Original post by doctorinthemaking
I am a first year Medical student in St Andrews, and believe me that you will have no regrets studying medicine at St Andrews. The facilities in the new medical building are second to none, and the teaching staff are excellent, as they make an effort to ensure that you understand what is being taught. After all, Medicine has been taught in St Andrews for exactly 600 years, and is the 3rd oldest university in the English speaking world. Good luck with your applications!

I loved St Andrews when I attended the open day but my UKCAT might put a downer on things. :frown:
Interviews seem to have started coming out...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 155
Got an email for interview from St. Andrew's today at 9.45!!!! AAAAAAHHHHH! It's for 1st Dec at 4.05 - I'll need to start properly preparing now!
Congrats also to everyone else - I'll be panicking with you :P
Got my Interview e-mail yesterday! Mine's on 1st December at 3.15.
Original post by simon-leeds
Got my Interview e-mail yesterday! Mine's on 1st December at 3.15.

Congratulations!

Are you in 6th year at the moment?

Where else have you applied?
Reply 158
Hello guys!
I'm new on the forum... I am an EU applicant and I've applied to St. Andrews but no sign yet... I'm pretty worried... I'm starting to think my PS is not good enough. Does anyone know any site where I could post my personal statement (and be sure i also get some ratings)? thanks :biggrin:
Congratulations!

Are you in 6th year at the moment?

Where else have you applied?

No I'm a re-applicant. Also applied to Glasgow, Dundee and Aberdeen. Applied to St. Andrews last year and didn't get an interview so I must have done something better this time round!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending