The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by speedbird
When did you apply? I applied on the 14th of October and they said they were "busy" and that they would have made a decision by "early November".

Thats what I was told. I applied on the 12th Oct. They got back to me on Tuesday evening.
Original post by john0401
Congrats to you also :smile:. Is the unconditional because you have already done you A-levels? Or did they just love you that much? :wink:

I have done my qualifications already :wink:
Reply 162
Original post by alex0909
I got A*A*A* at A-level. As well as this I'm doing a Further Maths A-level in my gap year.

To everyone else who also got a letter and is worrying even slightly, the letter means that you WILL get an offer so long as you attend the open day. I went through the process last year and remember it.

my friend told me that she knew someone last year went to this open day and had a short interview. Is is true with your case? Just wanna know so at least I am a bit prepared, in case they ask anything about my PS/force me to have some tests :confused:
Reply 163
Original post by anne9
my friend told me that she knew someone last year went to this open day and had a short interview. Is is true with your case? Just wanna know so at least I am a bit prepared, in case they ask anything about my PS/force me to have some tests :confused:

No, if you get an interview they clearly state it, and I think people that receive an interview, hear slightly later . From what I understand the interviews were very general, often with several other people. I believe they lasted about 15 minutes. I believe everyone got an offer afterwards.
Original post by Speckle
Economics
Bath
A*AA

2nd offer, woo.

well done.. i got an information request from bath for all my AS grades (as i only put down the one i cashed in on my UCAS form) think they might want to see my maths UMS scores :eek:
Reply 165
Warwick are now giving out A*AA offers?

Oooh, that's scary. I really doubt I can get an A* in anything ahhhh.
Reply 166
Economics
UCL
Attend open day first
Any international applicants got UCL offers yet?
Original post by Ray_Han
Warwick A*AAA :biggrin:

What the ****

Please tell me you made a typo and it's only A*AA!??!?
Reply 169
Original post by Glen_Nichols
What the ****

Please tell me you made a typo and it's only A*AA!??!?

Nope, for some reason they increased the offer from A*AAB-AAAB to A*AAA.
Original post by Ray_Han
Nope, for some reason they increased the offer from A*AAB-AAAB to A*AAA.

And if you have 3 subjects at A2? :frown::frown::frown:
Reply 171
Hi guys!
I am doing AS n I want to apply for Economics course at uni. Currently, I'm doing Double Maths, Economics n Sociology. I'm worried abt my subject combination a little bit. Any recommend to me? :frown:
Many thanks! :smile:
Reply 172
Original post by Glen_Nichols
And if you have 3 subjects at A2? :frown::frown::frown:

I don't know, they might ask for an AS grade A? I think it is because I am taking further maths they ask for the fourth A.
Reply 173
do universities really take in to account GCSEs? :frown: u guys r genius! can't believe that someone could have 11 A*!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 174
Original post by econ444
Economics
UCL
Attend open day first

Lucky! What're your grades like, and when did you send off your UCAS?
Reply 175
UCL Offer :biggrin: Have to attend an open day first
Reply 176
Do Cam n LSE take into account GCSEs? I did it in only 1 yr n I only get 4 GCSEs ( A*AAA) I were badly advised at that time. Any suggestion?? :frown:
Pls quote me!!!!
Original post by cgirl
Do Cam n LSE take into account GCSEs? I did it in only 1 yr n I only get 4 GCSEs ( A*AAA) I were badly advised at that time. Any suggestion?? :frown:
Pls quote me!!!!

Yes they do, however if you mentioned your circumstances within the school reference on UCAS then it should lessen the situation. Did you mention the circumstances on the Cambridge SAQ and LSE's additional questionnaire?
Original post by cgirl
Pls quote me!!!!

Of course they take into account of your GCSEs, but you can always ask your referee to mention your special circumstance during GCSEs in your reference to unis
Reply 179
Original post by ALIHISGREAT
well done.. i got an information request from bath for all my AS grades (as i only put down the one i cashed in on my UCAS form) think they might want to see my maths UMS scores :eek:

I didn't put in any, I was told it was optional =P. I got a reeeeeally poor Economics mark in one unit (lol C, still scraped an A overall) and I thought missing out just the one would look real suspicious

Latest

Trending

Trending