monkeyslut is the code word we shall use to identify each other

:rofl:

dealio? :tongue:
Reply 185
Original post by spacepirate-James
monkeyslut is the code word we shall use to identify each other

:rofl:

dealio? :tongue:

hahaha, sounds like a plan, but don't be surprised if I look taken aback :tongue: haaaa, and I'm not exactly going to be round saying monkey slut to everyone, that's probably an automatic rejection right there. What time's your's?
Reply 186
has anyone not received a confirmation email from them yet? i know sometimes it takes a while. but i've got an email from all my other unis now!
handed in my application on the 13th....anybody in the same position?
Tempted but its simply too far from home!
Original post by ruanaidh
hahaha, sounds like a plan, but don't be surprised if I look taken aback :tongue: haaaa, and I'm not exactly going to be round saying monkey slut to everyone, that's probably an automatic rejection right there. What time's your's?

3.15? what about you? :smile:

maybe we can go round :ninja: and quietly whisper "monkeyslut" and see who responds.

oh i think you should also shout it when you're actually being interviewed. i might be hiding inside the room. remember to shout it loud and clear :colone: your interviewers won't mind.
Reply 189
Original post by spacepirate-James
3.15? what about you? :smile:

maybe we can go round :ninja: and quietly whisper "monkeyslut" and see who responds.

oh i think you should also shout it when you're actually being interviewed. i might be hiding inside the room. remember to shout it loud and clear :colone: your interviewers won't mind.

Dammit, 2 o'clock! I'm actually quite gutted, was looking forward to going around ninja style saying monkeyslut. hahaha, I'm sure they wouldn't mind at all, shame there's no longer any point in shouting it. :tongue:
Reply 190
Hey! No one receiving any interview offers lately?? Did they stop sending interview offers? :-| I'm starting to panic now ... :frown:
Reply 191
Original post by teafil
Hey! No one receiving any interview offers lately?? Did they stop sending interview offers? :-| I'm starting to panic now ... :frown:

Hey Teafil, I was at the open day today. the man who spoke to us at the medicine seminar said that the interviews go out in 2 main batches, and 1 is already in the process of going out to applicants/ has been sent. So don't worry yet, it could still be a few months until you hear anything !
Reply 192
Original post by Jarowi
Hey Teafil, I was at the open day today. the man who spoke to us at the medicine seminar said that the interviews go out in 2 main batches, and 1 is already in the process of going out to applicants/ has been sent. So don't worry yet, it could still be a few months until you hear anything !

I've received an email asking for more details about my application... this is why I am so worried. I thought that they are still making offers as they asked about further details pretty early, which made me think they still evaluate and consider candidates for interviews. I hope you're right though... i rather think they are not sending interviews to anyone just now, than think that I'm not receiving anything because they did not like my application :smile:
I got my postcard today!! Living outside UK has this disadvantage!!

No one has been getting interviews lately, are you supposed to get them by post or email?

Thanks!
Original post by areyousure?
I got my postcard today!! Living outside UK has this disadvantage!!

No one has been getting interviews lately, are you supposed to get them by post or email?

Thanks!

I only got an email. No post :smile:
Reply 195
hellooooo,
was just wondering if anyone who's had an interview there before knows if you can make notes/ highlight/ keep the article they give you for when you go in?

all the website says iiiis: "Just before your interview you will be asked to read a short article on a medically related topic. This will only take about 10 minutes. The interview panel will then ask you questions about the article. They will be assessing your comprehension and ability to summarise as well as communication skills."

thank you !
Reply 196
hellooooo,
was just wondering if anyone who's had an interview there before knows if you can make notes/ highlight/ keep the article they give you for when you go in?

all the website says iiiis: "Just before your interview you will be asked to read a short article on a medically related topic. This will only take about 10 minutes. The interview panel will then ask you questions about the article. They will be assessing your comprehension and ability to summarise as well as communication skills."

thank you !

I think you can, someone from my school kept theirs and gave it to their guidance teacher for other applicants to use. I got a photocopy and it had been underlined so I'm presuming you can keep it and write on it. It is literally a "short" article.
hellooooo,

thank you !

I don't think having old articles will help that much. It's probably a good idea to read the new scientist and things like that and practice summarising articles and explaining the scientific reasoning. Are you being interviewed next wednesday? If so, I may see you as I'm taking a few tours after the interviews!
i am soooo stressed!
Original post by areyousure?
i am soooo stressed!

how so?

---

i wonder what they mainly ask in interviews. i wonder if the majority of the isc book is pointless for st andrews.

i've not hit the "OMG I AM SO STRESSED. NEED TTO KILL" stage yet :redface:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending