The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm currently on an emergency tax code and it's wrong, if I put a note to HR about it tonight will it be processed by this coming payday?
Original post by drakesdrum
I'm currently on an emergency tax code and it's wrong, if I put a note to HR about it tonight will it be processed by this coming payday?

don't leave a note, go in and speak to them about it cos they'll probably lose it lol
but do it ASAP.
Original post by mug51
the cut off is the date when any hours you've worked after that date are paid in the next pay day after the one coming up.
having read that ^^^ i'm not sure it makes enough sense, so heres a nice example.
our next pay day is the 3rd dec, the cut off is 27th nov, so any hours you worked after 27th will not be paid to you in the pay package on the 3rd but the next one which would be on 31st dec.

good news people, i just got my tax refund £1685.75,:hoppy:

Guys, many thanks to all those who have contributed in this thread.

I had the interview and was told by the manager that he thought I was in excess to what he had interviewed before and would like to offer a part time permanent role as opposed to just a part time temporary(General Assistant). I played along and got the phone call from recruitment yesterday confirming my new role and usual induction information. Fair play to the Manager at the interview, as he stood by his word and said there would be over time for me too!
Once again, thanks for your support!

Just thinking ahead, I need your help again please. For my CV, what 3 bullet points should I write to summarise this role, as I will still be applying to get back on track with my career.

I have 2 for starters that show customer service, and team working. The 2nd one is creative freedom to a degree!
What could be the last one?

Delivering exceptional customer service, by assisting customers with their enquiries and maintaining a clean and efficient environment.
To act as a mentor and provide support to seasonal employees who may need additional guidance and on the job training
(edited 13 years ago)
dudes, does anyknow know how it works on the sainsburys recruitment website when you apply for a job as an ex employee? there is a different button to press if you have worked for sainsburys before, but i was wondering what this means in terms of do you jump the queue to be interviewed, do you have to do induction again?
my mate who left sainsburys a few weeks ago wants to come back and is gonna apply this way when the right vacancy comes up and we wanted to just know how it works a bit of anyone knows. ta. really want him back! he left on good terms.
Original post by Tyrone Biggins
Guys, many thanks to all those who have contributed in this thread.

I had the interview and was told by the manager that he thought I was in excess to what he had interviewed before and would like to offer a part time permanent role as opposed to just a part time temporary(General Assistant). I played along and got the phone call from recruitment yesterday confirming my new role and usual induction information. Fair play to the Manager at the interview, as he stood by his word and said there would be over time for me too!
Once again, thanks for your support!

Just thinking ahead, I need your help again please. For my CV, what 3 bullet points should I write to summarise this role, as I will still be applying to get back on track with my career.

I have 2 for starters that show customer service, and team working. The 2nd one is creative freedom to a degree!
What could be the last one?

Delivering exceptional customer service, by assisting customers with their enquiries and maintaining a clean and efficient environment.
To act as a mentor and provide support to seasonal employees who may need additional guidance and on the job training

my description was to the point

'stock replenishment'
lol
I don't know if anyones going to know an answer to this but its worth an ask :tongue: ...

If your an xmas temp, when are you likely to know if they want to keep you on after xmas? Is it going to be a few weeks before your contract ends or do they let your contract end then ask you back and you go through the induction process again :confused:
Original post by stargirl92
I don't know if anyones going to know an answer to this but its worth an ask :tongue: ...

If your an xmas temp, when are you likely to know if they want to keep you on after xmas? Is it going to be a few weeks before your contract ends or do they let your contract end then ask you back and you go through the induction process again :confused:

woo a person from maidstone :five: last year they let people know mid contract, and they didnt re-do the induction. but btw i dont work in maidstone branch, although its nearish to me. good luck :biggrin:
Original post by uktom91
woo a person from maidstone :five: last year they let people know mid contract, and they didnt re-do the induction. but btw i dont work in maidstone branch, although its nearish to me. good luck :biggrin:

Cool :biggrin: thanks

I don't work in the Maidstone branch either haha I work in the one at Hempstead Valley
Reply 6809
I had my interview today and it went well. Just wondering, do you get paid weekly or monthly?
Original post by Bleak
I had my interview today and it went well. Just wondering, do you get paid weekly or monthly?

Every 4 weeks on a Friday, so almost Monthly.
Original post by flipshot
Every 4 weeks on a Friday, so almost Monthly.

two pay days in december :biggrin:
Reply 6812
So that's three of us in Maidstone. Not bad going :biggrin:
Reply 6813
Guys does anyone else get this...

Im a cashier so I work out on the tills, I sit down and I have no leg pains or nothing but my back (upper back) KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLS, and the upper part of my spine..why is this?
Reply 6814
Original post by tosh999
Guys does anyone else get this...

Im a cashier so I work out on the tills, I sit down and I have no leg pains or nothing but my back (upper back) KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLS, and the upper part of my spine..why is this?

Sitting down, leaning forward and picking up items puts more load on your spine than standing up or lying down. You should really be taught proper posture and technique for sitting down working at tills. The bending and twisting motions are absolutely lethal over time.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6815
Original post by FXX
Sitting down, leaning forward and picking up items puts more load on your spine than standing up or lying down. You should really be taught proper posture and technique for sitting down working at tills. The bending and twisting motions are absolutely lethal over time.

Thanks a lot...I honestly do prefer standing lol..thanks again appreciate it..I do indeed have a bad posture
Original post by tosh999
Thanks a lot...I honestly do prefer standing lol..thanks again appreciate it..I do indeed have a bad posture

Standing isn't all good. I just did a 6h30m shift on the self checkouts. My legs are killing me from standing up/walking around so long lol. :smile:
Original post by affinity89
Standing isn't all good. I just did a 6h30m shift on the self checkouts. My legs are killing me from standing up/walking around so long lol. :smile:

When I first started nights, standing up for 10 hours (well ok, 9 hours, cos of the two breaks) really did kill my legs and it still does to an extent but it;s a wonder what some comfy shoes can do!!
theres a lot to be said for comfy shoes in any role at sainsburys!! biggest mistake i made for the first few weeks was wearing bad shoes... online shopper, constantly on feet, walkin prob miles every shift round the store at a fast pace... found on my days off i could actually barely walk!! soo much pain in my feet, legs, back. then i got some diff shoes (invested in some good quality black trainers which dont show under my trousers) and since then its been a lot better. did under-estimate how physical the online shopper role is, not only with all the time on your feet runnin around the shop but also a lot of heavy lifting of the totes.. saving me a fortune at the gym! :smile:
Original post by Jack_1919
theres a lot to be said for comfy shoes in any role at sainsburys!! biggest mistake i made for the first few weeks was wearing bad shoes... online shopper, constantly on feet, walkin prob miles every shift round the store at a fast pace... found on my days off i could actually barely walk!! soo much pain in my feet, legs, back. then i got some diff shoes (invested in some good quality black trainers which dont show under my trousers) and since then its been a lot better. did under-estimate how physical the online shopper role is, not only with all the time on your feet runnin around the shop but also a lot of heavy lifting of the totes.. saving me a fortune at the gym! :smile:

My personal motto... why go to the gym when you could just do crisps and cereals at Sainsbury's? :tongue: (I really struggle with cereal hmph)

Latest

Trending

Trending