The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by inksplodge
i started in october last year and got a bonus of i think £150 this year.

the amount you get depends on your contracted hours (doesn't include overtime).

Thnaks for that, my contracted hours are only 12 so im not looking at getting much then lol.
Reply 6861
Original post by AgentSushi
Thnaks for that, my contracted hours are only 12 so im not looking at getting much then lol.

I got £120 last year on 12 hours a week.
i was on 30 hours a week so i guess i am looking at about the same bonus this year since i dropped down to 20 :tongue:
Original post by FXX
I got £120 last year on 12 hours a week.

Really thats good, I thought someone said it was only 1.5% of your annual salary?
Original post by AgentSushi
Really thats good, I thought someone said it was only 1.5% of your annual salary?

it depends if your store hits targets, i think you get up to 3%
Reply 6865
1.5% is based on your store's MAC rating and the other 1.5% is MCM.
Reply 6866
thought it was 1% for each factor; store/coporate sales, mcm and mac
Reply 6867
Meh, I seem to get told something different every time I ask :p: We won't be hitting MCM this year, that's for sure.
my favourite work colleague just handed their notice in and i burst into tears lol, just goes to show how unhappy people are atm :cry:
Plenty of colleagues at my store also leaving. Such a boring shift.
A few have already handed in their notice at my new store, despite us being open just a week today!

It is terribly dull at the moment though. We simply don't have enough customers. I counted up yesterday - in the first hour and a half of my shift, I served 8 people. And, there were only 4 other tills open! :/
Original post by affinity89
A few have already handed in their notice at my new store, despite us being open just a week today!

It is terribly dull at the moment though. We simply don't have enough customers. I counted up yesterday - in the first hour and a half of my shift, I served 8 people. And, there were only 4 other tills open! :/

Silly question but did they promote the store + do people know you're there? :tongue:

We have a total of 15 people for Christmas. God help us. Especially when you consider a lot of the shift are only part time workers!! We don't have any team leaders now either they've all left =/
Original post by inksplodge
Silly question but did they promote the store + do people know you're there? :tongue:

We have a total of 15 people for Christmas. God help us. Especially when you consider a lot of the shift are only part time workers!! We don't have any team leaders now either they've all left =/

It was in the local paper and on the radio. They didn't even mention it on the website until it had already opened though - I thought they might put it on as 'coming soon' or something.

The main problem is we are less than 3 miles from another Sainsbury's store, whose customers have been using for 20-odd years! Plus, within a 4 mile radius, there are established Morrisons and Asda stores and 6 miles away, there is a Tesco. Our customers are saying there is simply too much competition and whilst they like the layout, wide aisles, customer service etc, we are not competitive on price.

This week, they cancelled all overtime for the many temps [at least half the staff are temps] and have given many 'forced' holidays, as they are over staffed. Some people have also been sent home mid-shift because there is nothing for them to do... It is making the working atmosphere very tense and people are starting to get annoyed. Understandable really - it takes me an hour to get to work; if they tried to send me home, obviously without pay, mid-way through, I wouldn't be happy. :/
Are all the Sainsbury's stores going to be open boxing day this year? Mine is, and I'm working because it falls on a Sunday when I usually work. Absolutely gutted.
Original post by charlottejepsonx
Are all the Sainsbury's stores going to be open boxing day this year? Mine is, and I'm working because it falls on a Sunday when I usually work. Absolutely gutted.

I think my store is closed for both christmas day and boxing day but open christmas eve, which is good as i only work saturday and sunday so get both days off. I may be wrong though.

My store is closed Boxing Day this year. You could try to book it off... It probably won't be that busy on Boxing Day. :smile:

apparently i have to work new years eve (aka 9pm til 7am new years day). NO THANK YOU. oh, got to work new years day too.
i had to work boxing day last year. you can ask for it off unpaid
Yeah apparently our store has to open on boxing day because we have a large GM department and we need to open for Jan sales. But you can apparently 'refuse' to work it if you want to; nearly everyone on our meat and fish counter has so that just can't open! I want to ask for it off but I've got to have a couple of weeks off early next year for an operation so I don't really like asking any favours!
Reply 6878

Unless there are restrictions on there operating hours(?) (I know some stores can only trade for a certain amount of hours on certain days due to some church rules or something), most stores will be open Boxing Day. I bet head office/careline staff get the day off though "/

Original post by affinity89
My store is closed Boxing Day this year. You could try to book it off... It probably won't be that busy on Boxing Day. :smile:

Want to bet? Last year some online retailers started the January sales on Christmas Evening!
Original post by Foulish
I bet head office/careline staff get the day off though "/

My manager wants new years eve off but is expecting us to work that night. Erm, no. You want a shift then you had better be there!

Latest

Trending

Trending