Unlucky :frown: Hope other uni's go well :biggrin:

Original post by PaddyD15
Just been invited to interview at St Annes Oxford for Economics and Management

Nice one! Good luck :smile:
Original post by The Young Economist
Congrats

Unlucky :frown: Hope other uni's go well :biggrin:

Nice one! Good luck :smile:

thanks =( oh well, hopefully i can get Camb to give me an offer...
Original post by 24craigour

thanks =( oh well, hopefully i can get Camb to give me an offer...

All the best :biggrin: which college??
Reply 283
Original post by awlright
Congrats :smile: what were your grades/predicted grades like ? :smile:

Thank you :biggrin:

GCSEs 11 A*s and an A
AS: AAAA and A* in maths
A2 Predictions: A*A*A*A*A (A in futher maths)

where are you applying?
Reply 284
Just been invited to interview at St Annes Oxford for Economics and Management

Very nicely done!! What are your grades like if you dont mind me asking? Also how well do you think you did on the TSA?
All the best :biggrin: which college??

Pembroke. :biggrin: Back to more reading.......

Pembroke. :biggrin: Back to more reading.......

Lovely :smile: How are you going about preparing? What you reading??
Lovely :smile: How are you going about preparing? What you reading??

I'm splitting my interview preparation into 3
-general maths revision. I'm going over some statitstics like null hyporthesis, etc and also going back on some calculus, matrix work etc
-Making mind maps of current events, likely questions that I'll be asked, work experience I did
-General wider reading. I've just finished Making Globalization Work by Joseph Stiglitx (:love:) and I'm starting on freefall by him too, but after that I'll most likely start Will Europe work? or maybe Paul Krugman's Peddling Prosperity.
Reply 288
Original post by housey11
Very nicely done!! What are your grades like if you dont mind me asking? Also how well do you think you did on the TSA?

My grades are 4A*6A at GCSE and 3A*2A at A level (with A*Maths and Economics). As for the TSA I really don't know but last year I got an average of 67.7. You applying to St Annes also?
Reply 289
Subject Economics
Offers: Durham - AAA w.Maths and Economics
Southampton - ABBB
City - AAB

Any UK students heard from Warwick yet please?

Thanks
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 290
My grades are 4A*6A at GCSE and 3A*2A at A level (with A*Maths and Economics). As for the TSA I really don't know but last year I got an average of 67.7. You applying to St Annes also?

No but your the first of the e and m that ive heard of, im going for brasenose. my gcses arent a million miles away from yours which is reassuring, but my a2 predictions are only A*AA, do you think i have a chance???
Reply 291
Original post by sharn0065
Subject Economics
Offers: Durham - AAA w.Maths and Economics
Southampton - ABBB
City - AAB

Any UK students heard from Warwick yet please?

Thanks

How did you find out about Durham? Did you find out which college, and what were your grades like?
Reply 292

How did you find out about Durham? Did you find out which college, and what were your grades like?

I found out about Durham through UCAS. Check the Durham AES, and if it's been sent off to the college, then you will likely receive an offer within a week, that's what happened with a few people at my school now, as well as me. They tell you the college within three weeks of the offer as they have amended the process.

My grades at GCSE were pretty standard 3 A*, 6 A, 2 B, 1 D
But my precited grades are A* A* A* A (Economics, Gov and Pol, Religious Studies, and the A in Maths).

Hope this helps, and good luck.
Original post by accesstohe
Anybody recieved offers from Manchester, Essex, Loughborough, or Hull for straight econ? or Nottingham for Inustrial Economics?

yes I've got offers from manchester and loughborough, both AAB :smile:
Reply 294
Original post by sharn0065
I found out about Durham through UCAS. Check the Durham AES, and if it's been sent off to the college, then you will likely receive an offer within a week, that's what happened with a few people at my school now, as well as me. They tell you the college within three weeks of the offer as they have amended the process.

My grades at GCSE were pretty standard 3 A*, 6 A, 2 B, 1 D
But my precited grades are A* A* A* A (Economics, Gov and Pol, Religious Studies, and the A in Maths).

Hope this helps, and good luck.

interesting as my gcses are like yours 5a*s 4as 2bs and a d, but my predictions are only a*aa. hoopefully ill still receive an offer...
Reply 295
No but your the first of the e and m that ive heard of, im going for brasenose. my gcses arent a million miles away from yours which is reassuring, but my a2 predictions are only A*AA, do you think i have a chance???

To be honest, I believe that a majority of the decision made at Oxford is down to the interview. So hopefully you will get one and then, at interview, it is all down to you!
Original post by economicsgeek
yes I've got offers from manchester and loughborough, both AAB :smile:

Congrats on your offers :smile:

Do you mind if I ask when you sent off your UCAS form and how long it was until you received the offers?
Original post by accesstohe
Congrats on your offers :smile:

Do you mind if I ask when you sent off your UCAS form and how long it was until you received the offers?

sent on the 1st of november and got manchester's on the 5th and loughborough wasnt until last week
Reply 298
Course: Economics
University: London School of Economics
Offer: A*AA (A* in Mathematics)
:biggrin:
Original post by samprop

Original post by samprop
Course: Economics
University: London School of Economics
Offer: A*AA (A* in Mathematics)
:biggrin:

Me too!!! Well done :biggrin: