The Student Room Group

Mucking up my life... help?

After moving to university, i broke up with my boyfriend. We'd been together over 2 years, but things weren't totally fantastic. We both were going our own ways a bit and i wasn't attracted to him. But he was also an amazing boyfriend, caring, made me feel special and would do anything for me. I just wasn't attracted to him. Now we've broken up i feel like i'm missing a huge part of me. I miss him- but i don't know whether thats more i miss the security of a relationship.

I then met another guy, who i really really liked. We spent about 3 weeks together, going to bars, coffee shops or chilling in our flats. We ended up sleeping together a couple of times, before he told me that whilst he really liked/cared about me he couldnt see it working. Upset and pissed of, i ended up drunkenly sleeping with his flatmate- who told me that the first guy had actually met someone else.

I just feel so empty and depressed. I've never been single before, having come out of 2 long term relationships. I don't know how to act. I feel ugly, like no ones interested.

But i miss the relationship. I miss having someone always there for me. I just don't know what to do.
Honestly? I think it's the security you miss, not your boyfriend. Wait it out. You'll find someone you like, who likes you. Don't just settle for the first guy that comes along, and if you like someone who finds someone else, he's not worth it, is he? :smile: x
Reply 2
Just go shopping like other girls do.
Reply 3
lol slag
Reply 4
lol thanks for the helpful comments. What the point of this thread was is that i need help knowing how to be single.

I've always had the comfort and support of a relationship and without it i feel really depressed. I suffer from ed and depression anyway, and now i don't know how to deal with things.

I've tried spending time with my friends, but seem to spend most of my time in my room instead, unable to sleep just running things through my head.
I was with the same guy for about 3 years... afterwards I didn't know what to do with myself. I missed having someone there but I didn't miss him. Just take the time now to learn about yourself and find out who you are on your own.
Reply 6
Maybe you just need to spend some time with your friends. Figure out who you really are. And decide if it's the bf or the relationship you miss
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by bananaslug77
I was with the same guy for about 3 years... afterwards I didn't know what to do with myself. I missed having someone there but I didn't miss him. Just take the time now to learn about yourself and find out who you are on your own.

I guess that's it. I don't know what to do with myself. My identity has always been part of him. And now i just feel so unhappy. Like so unconfident. But how? how do i learn about myself :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending