The Student Room Group

Visa scholarship?

I got this message recently and I’m really sceptical that it’s fake:

Hi all,

If any of you are parents to children going to university this year, Visa has a scholarship programme that will pay course fees up to a value of £9,200 per year, up to 4 years. The programme is designed to support students from under-represented and socially disadvantaged backgrounds to achieve their full potential.

There is a list of eligibility criteria, however the main ones are:

- The degree must be in a STEM field (Computer Science, Information Science, Cybersecurity, Engineering or Maths), or Business (HR, Finance, Marketing, Sales)
- From a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic background.

Full details of what the programme offers and the full eligibility criteria can be found at the below website:

https://www.windsor-fellowship.org/visa-scholarship

*Applications close on 18th July*

Can anyone verify if they’ve done this before/ can tell if it’s real or not?
Original post by studyholmes
I got this message recently and I’m really sceptical that it’s fake:

Hi all,

If any of you are parents to children going to university this year, Visa has a scholarship programme that will pay course fees up to a value of £9,200 per year, up to 4 years. The programme is designed to support students from under-represented and socially disadvantaged backgrounds to achieve their full potential.

There is a list of eligibility criteria, however the main ones are:

- The degree must be in a STEM field (Computer Science, Information Science, Cybersecurity, Engineering or Maths), or Business (HR, Finance, Marketing, Sales)
- From a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic background.

Full details of what the programme offers and the full eligibility criteria can be found at the below website:

https://www.windsor-fellowship.org/visa-scholarship

*Applications close on 18th July*

Can anyone verify if they’ve done this before/ can tell if it’s real or not?

The Windsor Fellowship is a registered charity so it looks like it is a legitimate programme.

https://register-of-charities.charitycommission.gov.uk/charity-search/-/charity-details/3963061
Reply 2
Has anyone who applied gotten a response yet- as in received the shl online test?
Reply 3
Was wondering the same thing; I haven't received anything apart from the submission confirmation and my application was put in almost a week early.
Reply 4
I think they responded around 11 am on Thursday.
Original post by BigWoke
Was wondering the same thing; I haven't received anything apart from the submission confirmation and my application was put in almost a week early.
Why is a business indulging in these activities let alone a slightly racist one.

Their job is to provide the service.
Original post by TheStupidMoon
Why is a business indulging in these activities let alone a slightly racist one.

Many big businesses are involved in philanthropic work - it's not unusual. Why is it racist to help minority groups?
Original post by normaw
Many big businesses are involved in philanthropic work - it's not unusual. Why is it racist to help minority groups?

Discrimination. If they have money for that then they can improve their service and stop mucking people about.
Original post by TheStupidMoon

Well if you’d read correctly it’s a charity for starters..
Has anyone heard back yet about getting onto the scholarship programme ?
Reply 10
I havent yet, they said 2 weeks from final interview, starting to get deflated now 😭
Reply 11
Original post by Fredrick111111
Has anyone heard back yet about getting onto the scholarship programme ?

How far did you get mate?
Original post by AMnel
How far did you get mate?

Yh got to final stage aswell but haven’t heard back yet
Reply 13

How. Did you find the final interview and when did they say you would hear back?
Original post by gandalfslipper
Well if you’d read correctly it’s a charity for starters..

Visa isn't a charity.
It's a business which the state effectively forces people to use.

Hi Fredrick, can you tell me about what happened in the interview as I also applied for this scholarship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending