The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
BA Economics
Durham University
AAA (A in Economics, AA out of Maths, Physics and Politics)
Still waiting on college though
Original post by shubham_ag
2 Reasons:

1)An Offer always looks nice, whichever university.
2)I had to use up my 5 choices!! :biggrin:

So you've taken someone elses offer without the intention of actually even going there just to make up your 5 choices?
Reply 362
Maths with Economics G1L1 AAB
Reply 363
Original post by Furies_Andrei_Radu
which is the best university in London to study economics ( except Cambridge, LSE and UCL ) ?

Cass Business School perhaps? Or maybe it is good only for finance and business, not economics...
Reply 364
2 Reasons:

1)An Offer always looks nice, whichever university.
2)I had to use up my 5 choices!! :biggrin:

i) Depends on the university.
ii) No, you didn't.
Reply 365
Original post by metjush
Cass Business School perhaps? Or maybe it is good only for finance and business, not economics...

Cass doesn't do economics.
I want an offer from Bath and/or Bristol....

Been waiting a while and I want to go to either of these two SO BAAAAD haha. This is an unnecessary random comment by the way, just needed to express by anxiousness.
Original post by veronica111

Been waiting a while and I want to go to either of these two SO BAAAAD haha. This is an unnecessary random comment by the way, just needed to express by anxiousness.

just do it.
Reply 368
Original post by veronica111

What are your GCSE, AS Level results and predictions?
got an interview with manchester...anyone know what it will be like?
Reply 370
Yup, I am from India.

And I heard LSE and UCL are relatively easier to get into for international students as compared to Oxford because they like admit around half international students and want to maintain a diversity while Oxford prefers Brits!!

Is this even remotely true??

BTW I got a mail from UCL 2 days back saying that they wanted to know my First year Maths syllabus in Delhi University before they can process my application further. What would you make of that?

Well yes LSE and UCL have a more generous quota on international students so you could say that you probably stand a better chance. However, you still have to meet the entry requirements and beat the competition (I believe that international competition for london is very intense).

Well I wouldn't read anything into that. It just means that they want to find out more about your achievements and potential because they do not have sufficient information to decide on your application.
Original post by eugeneho
Well yes LSE and UCL have a more generous quota on international students so you could say that you probably stand a better chance. However, you still have to meet the entry requirements and beat the competition (I believe that international competition for london is very intense).

Well I wouldn't read anything into that. It just means that they want to find out more about your achievements and potential because they do not have sufficient information to decide on your application.

Oh. Well, my first year Maths course is very intensive :frown: so I am pretty sure they'd be impressed by that. :biggrin:

If I tell you my grades, can you predict if I have a chance!! :redface:
Reply 372
Original post by SPMS
Cass doesn't do economics.

Alright, my bad. I thought it did.
Original post by joebarron
So you've taken someone elses offer without the intention of actually even going there just to make up your 5 choices?

Come on guys, we're all Economists here, that sort of behaviour is very common and rational:
No bad consequences, just perhaps a slight moral twinge over taking someone's place
Incentives, doesn't cost anything more, keep your options open, bragging rights, and if you're not a good person, happiness at causing someone to lose their place.

Still, rightly enough, that doesn't mean we should approve. Remember this when Karma comes around.....
UPDATE : LSE rejected me as well. UCL my only hope now. :frown:
Reply 375

Oh my.... commiserations!! Just rejected only? Well what will you do if you don't get into UCL as well?
Reply 376

I feel sorry for you,
do you mind if i ask what your predicted grades are?

WISH you LUCK with UCL!:smile:Don't be sad!
Reply 377

What are your grades like?
Where else did you apply?
Original post by eugeneho
Oh my.... commiserations!! Just rejected only? Well what will you do if you don't get into UCL as well?

Original post by Fates
I feel sorry for you,
do you mind if i ask what your predicted grades are?

WISH you LUCK with UCL!:smile:Don't be sad!

Original post by SPMS
What are your grades like?
Where else did you apply?

So here is my profile.

My Xth Standard ICSE Board Exams.

Maths-97
Science-94
English-95
Social Studies-98
Computers-98
Hindi-97
Environmental Education--88

Overall--96.6%

My XIIth std CBSE Board Exams.

Physics-95
Chemistry-95
Maths-90
Physical Education-97
English-81

Currently putting in a year of study at Delhi University doing B.A.Economics (Hons)
Expected - 70% (First Division sort of like First Class Honors is at 60% so I would be scoring First div)

One 3 month internship at Reliance Life Insurance Corporation.

If I don't get into UCL as well, I'll stay in Delhi University and try the UK for my Master's. :-(

Man, hope that doesn't happen. I love Britain and the British.
Reply 379
So here is my profile.

My Xth Standard ICSE Board Exams.

Maths-97
Science-94
English-95
Social Studies-98
Computers-98
Hindi-97
Environmental Education--88

Overall--96.6%

My XIIth std CBSE Board Exams.

Physics-95
Chemistry-95
Maths-90
Physical Education-97
English-81

Currently putting in a year of study at Delhi University doing B.A.Economics (Hons)
Expected - 70% (First Division sort of like First Class Honors is at 60% so I would be scoring First div)

One 3 month internship at Reliance Life Insurance Corporation.

If I don't get into UCL as well, I'll stay in Delhi University and try the UK for my Master's. :-(

Man, hope that doesn't happen. I love Britain and the British.

Where else did you apply? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending