The Student Room Group

Do you have a song

Terrrrribly cheesy but...do any of you have (in present relationships, or previous, or during dating) have had a song that is 'yours'? Or that you in any way associate with the other person?
I feel I have a song with a guy..I just don't if he knows it's our song :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have songs that I associate with certain times eg. summer of last year etc.
But I don't have songs for people, no.
Original post by A_master
I have songs that I associate with certain times eg. summer of last year etc.
But I don't have songs for people, no.

Same. I have songs that remind me of memories, and as a result I have songs that remind me of my boyfriend.. but we don't have a "song" as such. Even if we did I don't think I could choose, there's rather a lot.
there's a few I associate with him, but the big one i would say is Nineteen by Tegan and Sara
Reply 4
yeh gf and I have couple of songs we both say are 'our' songs, quite nice to have tbh :smile:
Reply 5
Young Money - Every Girl in the World
Reply 6
I'm not embarassed at all. Me and my ex had this as our song,

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
As cheesy as it may seem. Goodbye my Lover by James Blunt!
i dont even know :nothing:

but there are songs that do remind me of people or of being in certain places
Original post by *Lollo*
Terrrrribly cheesy but...do any of you have (in present relationships, or previous, or during dating) have had a song that is 'yours'? Or that you in any way associate with the other person?
I feel I have a song with a guy..I just don't if he knows it's our song :frown:

When me and my ex boyfriend started going out, Beyonce Halo came on the radio and for some reason he said that was our song, and every time we heard it, he would hug me and kiss me saying 'it's ours baby'. But there's definitely other songs that remind me of the memories we shared, but from the moment we broke up i couldn't listen to Halo anymore. :frown:
Reply 11
Yeh :smile: But it's not as if we specifically chose it as 'our song'; it just happened.
Original post by ticklemeellen
there's a few I associate with him, but the big one i would say is Nineteen by Tegan and Sara

I absolutely love that song!

The song I would associate with my ex is another song by Tegan and Sara 'Where Does the Good Go?'
Reply 13
How strange, there are no songs that remind me of a person because perhaps there's so much more to describe someone in just 4 minutes.
We have lots of songs, but the main one would be Extreme 'More than Words' as that was the song playing as I walked down the aisle :love:
Me and the boyf have a few, main one is most probably David Gray- The One I love :biggrin:
Original post by dita_parlo

We have an ironic song: "Is she really going out with him?" (can never remember who it's by, though) It's only because we heard it on one of our first dates and both said at exactly the same time "my dad loves this song!"
We then jokingly said it should be "our" song. God we're cool :rolleyes:
Closer - Nine Inch Nails.

Not so cheesy anymore, is it? :sexface:
Nope. I guess we have a band, if that works? Muse. Surprisingly good sex music.
A few months into our relationship my boyfriend told me there was a song that had always reminded him of me. I was merry.

Turns out said song is called I Crush Everything, and is about a giant, ship-wrecking squid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending