The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dumdedoobie
I disagree with quite a lot of this.

Long hair- Why should they change it just to suit girls? I know plenty of girls who prefer guys with long hair.

Define comedy tshirts? As in cartoon ones? If so, I happen to love these ones.

Glasses look good on the vast majority of guys and advising them to get contacts because it will help them with girls is a bit ridiculous to be honest.

Don't be too keen? The attitude you are going for is "I want you, but If you aren't interested I'll go after another girl instead". Wrong, wrong, wrong. That gives the impression that the girl isn't anything special. Also gives the impression the guy is a player.

It's better to be seen as a player than needy. Every single time.

Players get laid, and like it or not girls are programmed to like guys that other girls like.

Simple experiment. Man in a restaurant with a bunch of people, in the corner sharpening a knife. Looking out and watching everyone... what do you think of him? Creepy right.

Okay now surround him with a bunch of girls who are laughing, having fun and flirting with him... now what is he? The cook of course!!
Reply 101
Original post by HistoryRepeating
Probably right on the jeans, its a good general rule however.

Black tshirts because they are shapeless, dark and therefore generally look like you are trying to hide. There is a reason they are so incredibly popular with the world of warcraft / games workshop / fat nerd stereotype, and its the same reason you shouldnt wear them.

I respectfully disagree. Blue jeans and a black t-shirt is an extremely cool look and has been for decades, in fact I can't think of a way to dress that gets you more positive female attention. There's a reason why rock bands the world over have made it effectively an unofficial uniform for years: because it's actually very flattering and has a bit of a "bad boy" vibe.

If black t-shirts say anything specific, it is "I like metal/rock music". Lots of girls also like that kind of music, and are attracted to a guy who also has that same vibe about him. Obviously there is a time and a place: when I go to a garden party I'm not going to wear stuff like this, but I'm hardly going to go see a rock band dressed in chinos and a neat polo shirt am I?
Original post by n0c0ntr0l
It's better to be seen as a player than needy. Every single time.

Players get laid, and like it or not girls are programmed to like guys that other girls like.

Simple experiment. Man in a restaurant with a bunch of people, in the corner sharpening a knife. Looking out and watching everyone... what do you think of him? Creepy right.

Okay now surround him with a bunch of girls who are laughing, having fun and flirting with him... now what is he? The cook of course!!

That's not what I was saying though. I was comparing "Mr Nice Guy" or a shy guy with a player. I would pick a guy that smiles at me, maybe blushing a little due to shyness over the guy that comes up and immediately tries to feel me up/use a ridiculous line. Maybe it's just me.
That's not what I was saying though. I was comparing "Mr Nice Guy" or a shy guy with a player. I would pick a guy that smiles at me, maybe blushing a little due to shyness over the guy that comes up and immediately tries to feel me up/use a ridiculous line. Maybe it's just me.

Any guy who immediately starts feeling you up or uses a pick up line is an idiot.

How about the guy that smiles, comes over and just say hi, whats your name? That's the best guy.
You want instant success with women?

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
Too much effort for bitches
Any guy who immediately starts feeling you up or uses a pick up line is an idiot.

How about the guy that smiles, comes over and just say hi, whats your name? That's the best guy.

The guy at the start is a player. The second guy could be great.
Reply 107
As a general rule girls, any guy that approaches you in a nightclub and asks your name is almost certainly a dickhead and should be avoided at all costs.
Original post by py0alb
As a general rule girls, any guy that approaches you in a nightclub and asks your name is almost certainly a dickhead and should be avoided at all costs.

But shouldn't be confused with the actual decent bloke who can then tell you your name 10 minutes later.
The guy at the start is a player. The second guy could be great.

Actually, the first guy is an idiot, the second guy is a good player :colondollar: (he waits till the right time and then pounces)
I knew it wouldn't be long before the self-confessed pick up master, n0c0ntrlol appeared. :yes:

Why are there customers in the kitchen? why isn't the chef concentrating on the cooking?

He's holding a knife - he shouldn't be PLAYING AROUND!

This restaurant sounds like a joke
Original post by unknownking321
I knew it wouldn't be long before the self-confessed pick up master, n0c0ntrlol appeared. :yes:

:colondollar:

missed me, been busy sorting out more important stuff like finances

Anyways anyways, its not like I'm talking crap and you know it.

How about - there is no guide!!!

Women all have different tastes as do men, some will like exactly what you state, some will like a more grizzled manly man not into the metrosexual personal grooming.

Some women like overconfident bad boys, and some like shy and reclusive types.

So the be yourself is about the only good bit of info on there! If someone cannot accept you for that then sorry for the cliche but they are imply not worth your time as they are shallow.

Aww, I hope you find that sort of guy one day. :smile:
I think that my username makes it clear what I want a man to do to me :love:
Reply 116
So basically, apart from the obvious hygiene and health 'tips', the rest of this is just saying, "conform, conform, conform."

i.e Dress in a way that suggests we are part of the system and doing well with our paper notes collection, and be careful to remain very similar to those around us so that the girl can take comfort in imagining a nice and familiar future life without any adventure or hint of uniqueness.
Reply 117
Original post by MattGriff
How about - there is no guide!!!

Women all have different tastes as do men, some will like exactly what you state, some will like a more grizzled manly man not into the metrosexual personal grooming.

Some women like overconfident bad boys, and some like shy and reclusive types.

So the be yourself is about the only good bit of info on there! If someone cannot accept you for that then sorry for the cliche but they are imply not worth your time as they are shallow.

This.
Reply 118
Basically: have good personal hygiene, dress reasonably stylishly but not like a pretensious ****, be confident and friendly but don't act like a player.
Reply 119
You forgot to giant cock!

Latest

Trending

Trending