The Student Room Group

I like to be fat! Am I wrong?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by judgejohndeed
Your profile says you got like Cs Ds and Es in your a levels...hardly "really well" :/ just try going for a 5 minute walk everyday, it's not that hard

Considering I had to cope with the death of a friend of 10 years, I think I did really well in those exams, thank you very much! I'm sorry if I'm not as smart as you! Besides I did well enough to get into uni anyway but I didn't go because I was scared of how fat I was.
It's absolutely fine.
People are so bothered about other people. Honestly. As long as you're happy, then it's good.
:angry:
Original post by mediaroom
Err, I'm not a troll actually. Okay, what about smokers? They are killing themselves but why is smoking acceptable and not obesity? I know I'm f****** fat but I can't help it if I genuinely have medical issues. Okay, my eating doesn't help but why am I being spurned by society for this?

They've banned smoking in enclosed public places. They could so the same for obese people? Don't ask...
I didn't say anything about being as smart as me. And if you didn't go to uni because you're too fat then it's affecting your lifestyle and holding you back, meaning the sensible thing to do would be to stop stuffing your face and going for a walk once in a while.
Original post by Lewroll
Egypt isnt in Asia. Its just in Africa.

OP, you are very fat. I'd tell you to go to the gym but I dont know if you'd get through the door.

A small part of egypt is in western asia.
I am 19-20 stoneish and about 5ft 4. I know that I'm like morbidly obese or something. I like playing computer games all day long and food actually makes me happy! I eat because I want to try everything in the world before I die!

Am I wrong that I like that I am so fat? It hurts me that people look at me like I am some sort of hippo or something.

The reason why I posted this in general discussion and not H&R is because I want to know why it isn't socially acceptable that people like me (who like to be obese) aren't treated equally.

We're all meant to be comfortable with our own body, right?

You said you like playing computer games all day and like to try every food yet in a later post you said you've tried everything to lose the weight....

Get a grip if you want to lose weight you will do. I hate lazy sympathy seekers making up excuses. I do not smoke because I don't want to increase my chances of cancer. I eat healthily because I don't want to increase my chances of diabetes. I exercise regulary because I don't want to increase my chances of other illnesses. It's quite simple if you want to be healthy, change. It doesn't matter whether you feel comfortable in your body or not, naturally our bodies cannot handle the pressure like you are putting on your body. If you have thyroid issues you take medication that balance out T levels so you can't blame that either.
(edited 13 years ago)
I just have the issue that fat people tend to sweat more and thus stink more... You can't blame me for that right?
You'd have more time before you died to "try everything" if you ate a little less of "everything" and perhaps did a little light jogging from time to time..
Original post by BoxesAndBangles
A small part of egypt is in western asia.

Yes a small part, the Sinai peninsula. But when you (or whoever) said egypt is in asian and africa, they made it sound as if the entire country was divided like Turkey or something. The sinai peninsula is that tiny triangular part in the top right of egypt. The African Part of egypt is huge which is why i say egypt is in africa.

Nope I'm not unemployed. I work in a wedding cakes shop. Which probably doesn't help :s-smilie: Maybe computer games all day long was a bit of an exaggeration but my hours at work aren't long so I spend about 6 hours working (excluding break/lunch) and the rest of my time being unhealthy. It hurts me that people don't understand that I have tried in the past. I just want people to accept me the way I accept me.

Really it shouldn't be what people think but yourself. I just have doubts because you say you are happy with the way you are yet you have tried losing weight in the past... sounds more like your motivation has been lost for losing weight thus the lifestyle and dieting options have gone downhill. If you feel comfortable with yourself and my assumptions are wrong then don't let the thoughts of other control your decisions in life like avoiding uni for the idea of other people's thoughts.
Reply 90
I've tried so hard but I just can't shift the weight :frown: I've just grown to love my body the way it is I guess. I mean I can't really walk very well because my knees hurt like hell.

I lost about 3 stone when I dieted once but I put on another extra 5 stone after so it didn't really work. :frown:

You sure don't sound like you love your body - you tried to shift it and failed, which means you're just being ineffectual and pretending you love being fat. You complain about how detrimental it is to your health, and then wonder why it's not socially acceptable - people like you are costing the NHS and therefore the taxpayer a lot of money.

I am a girl. I work in a wedding cakes shop so I have to be a girl! :smile:

Mmm I like larger girls. Pm me. :wink:
Reply 92
if you are perfectly happy with what you are, why are you asking for conformation of it on some website? do what you want, and stop trying to provoke responses
Reply 93
Original post by fortunecookie
Just had visions of a rather large person hang-gliding with hilarious consequences!

but seriously, being that size, it isn't exactly good for you and you are limiting things you can do. I play video games and love them but I also love playing sport and I can't imagine life without excercising.

I think that overeating is just as bad as smoking and has as bad, if not worse consequences.

It's great that you feel comfortable but lose the weight now while you have a naturally faster metabolism before you are forced to lose it. You don't necessarily have to give up eating all the foods you like, just eat less of them. You don't have to be stick thin but healthy. The healthy BMI has quite a lot of allowance in it If you lose weight too fast then you will put it on more easily. It has to be a lifelong change that will then prolong your life.
If you enjoy being fat, I don't see a problem, as long as you're aware of the consequences. Besides, there are far worse things you could be...:pirate:
Considering I had to cope with the death of a friend of 10 years, I think I did really well in those exams, thank you very much! I'm sorry if I'm not as smart as you! Besides I did well enough to get into uni anyway but I didn't go because I was scared of how fat I was.

Please don't think I'm having a dig but you turned down University, one of the best things anyone can do, because you were scared of how fat you were?

You don't sound like you're that comfortable with the way your body looks if I'm honest.
OP have you considered how much happier you could be after training/dieting properly and being able to look in the mirror and be proud of yourself, and not self-concious (which you clearly are; hence posting this thread).

If you're happy as you are then that's alright but your family and friends will be worried for you, which you don't mention, and when you die early it's not going to be easy for the people around you.

So good on you for being proud, but think about the people close to you too and how proud you could be if you managed to lose the weight.
Original post by Lewroll
Yes a small part, the Sinai peninsula. But when you (or whoever) said egypt is in asian and africa, they made it sound as if the entire country was divided like Turkey or something. The sinai peninsula is that tiny triangular part in the top right of egypt. The African Part of egypt is huge which is why i say egypt is in africa.

Yep, someone said Africa and Asia don't really have obesity as much as us. And I said there's a country with high levels of obesity which happens to be in both Asia and Africa as a little side fact. Sinai pensinsula isn't really that small, think its bigger than Lebanon and no matter how small it is, it doesn't change the little fact that a part of Egypt is in Asia.
Reply 98
Original post by Louises1990
You said you like playing computer games all day and like to try every food yet in a later post you said you've tried everything to lose the weight....

I just like food. I said I tried to lose weight but I didn't work so I've given up in effect because nothing works!

Original post by I.LOVE.CAKE
Mmm I like larger girls. Pm me. :wink:

You're just trying to hurt me. No guy is ever interested in me. You will be just the same, asking me to pm you...

Original post by donuticus
Please don't think I'm having a dig but you turned down University, one of the best things anyone can do, because you were scared of how fat you were?

You don't sound like you're that comfortable with the way your body looks if I'm honest.

I'm sure uni isn't that amazing. I am comfortable with the way I am. I have a job I love, I have friends and a family that I can count on. So my weight made me miss out on having a partner, going to uni and having a fun time but I just want people to accept me as I am. It's not like I haven't tried. I have and I find that nothing works so now I just like food and conpter games because I'm happy with my body and there's nothing I can do to change it.
Reply 99
I work with a guy who cant walk to the toilet and back without gasping for breath!! He is honestly the biggest person I have seen in my life. The first time I saw him I was disgusted and to this day often wonder how anybody could let themselves get that big. People have bets on how long he has left in him...which I don't think is very long either 2bh

All I can say is you NEVER see old fat people...simply because they don't live that long. If your happy with the fact that you will die at a young age then continue as you are

It your life its your prerogative.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending