The Student Room Group

Hull York Medical School Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by m0man
15th of Jan :biggrin:
ANyone else on the same day?

I also have an interview on the 15th january :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Found out on the 30th november which is my birthday, best birthday present ever :biggrin: wooo
Reply 201
Original post by goodboy4444
Its between HYMS and dundee!I think its going to be HYMS! :biggrin:

Is a ukcat score of 627.5 enough to apply?Thanks.

I got that exact score and I got in! :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
I have read this thread and nobody seems to have an interview later than Jan 29th. Mine is Jan 15th and I'm currently in Australia on a gap year. I want the latest date possible as I've not heard from my other schools and will have to travel back. Does anybody know when the interview period ends?

Thanks!
Hey guys. How is everyone's interview prep going? I have no idea how to start answering some of these questions :confused:
Reply 204
Original post by MedicalMaverick9

Hey guys. How is everyone's interview prep going? I have no idea how to start answering some of these questions :confused:

Which questions you struggling with?
Reply 205
Original post by Australian Dreamer
I have read this thread and nobody seems to have an interview later than Jan 29th. Mine is Jan 15th and I'm currently in Australia on a gap year. I want the latest date possible as I've not heard from my other schools and will have to travel back. Does anybody know when the interview period ends?

Thanks!

Heyy the last interview date for HYMS is the 29th January (they told us this in the acknowledgment email).

I was offered an interview for 16th Decemeber but got mine rescheduled to the 5th January due to work commitments. Considering your situation, they'll be happy to reschedule you if you email them explaining your situation =)
Reply 206
Original post by Medpotter

Let's start with "Why Medicine?" :tongue:
Reply 207
dreading my interview on the 8th! I hope it goes well.... scarreedddd :/
Reply 208
Original post by jazzy1234
dreading my interview on the 8th! I hope it goes well.... scarreedddd :/

I reckon mine will go south. Not enough prep about their course and the abstract questions....
They were certainly right about bringing outdoor clothes and shoes - York hit -18 last night apparently!
Reply 209
I reckon mine will go south. Not enough prep about their course and the abstract questions....
They were certainly right about bringing outdoor clothes and shoes - York hit -18 last night apparently!

WHATT -18!! I CAN'T EVEN HANDLE -2!! argh. Gosh tell me about it their course, spent ages trying to make sense of it! What do i have to wear?! Hopefully they'll take pity on us interviewees !
Reply 210
WHATT -18!! I CAN'T EVEN HANDLE -2!! argh. Gosh tell me about it their course, spent ages trying to make sense of it! What do i have to wear?! Hopefully they'll take pity on us interviewees !

No idea whether you are male/female. I am lucky in one respect that I just wear a suit -not so because i'll roll up in walking boots.....
Reply 211
No idea whether you are male/female. I am lucky in one respect that I just wear a suit -not so because i'll roll up in walking boots.....

female. haha yeah tbh i don't think they'd mind people wearing walking boots due to the weather. I hope the interviews go well!!
Reply 212
female. haha yeah tbh i don't think they'd mind people wearing walking boots due to the weather. I hope the interviews go well!!

Likewise! Snow in womens' shoes?
Original post by Macpro
Heyy the last interview date for HYMS is the 29th January (they told us this in the acknowledgment email).

I was offered an interview for 16th Decemeber but got mine rescheduled to the 5th January due to work commitments. Considering your situation, they'll be happy to reschedule you if you email them explaining your situation =)

Thanks for the info, I've only had an email (I'm not at home to pick up the post) so I had no idea. Its not a great result that they don't interview in Feb, but I suppose I'd better book some flights! Good luck with yours!
Original post by Medpotter

What would you say to the question:
How would you feel if a patient died due to your mistake? (Hardest Medical School question if you ask me).
Reply 215
Original post by tome27

Original post by tome27

I have had ice on the inside of my windows twice so far! Although I am in old accommodation.
Reply 216
Original post by trektor
I have had ice on the inside of my windows twice so far! Although I am in old accommodation.

The tour will be a laugh then! First ever interview I've had to bring 2 pairs of shoes to.
Reply 217
Likewise! Snow in womens' shoes?

not good. trust me. Just gonna wear some pumps!
Reply 218
What would you say to the question:
How would you feel if a patient died due to your mistake? (Hardest Medical School question if you ask me).

i would say 'i would feel devastated and very guilty, but would try my best to learn from my mistakes and move on, putting it all into experience that help develop me as a person and a doctor. and ofc learn never to do that again'
Reply 219

what date is your interview on? I am wearing a black pinafore style dress to mine with tights small heels and a cardigan. my interview isnt til the 15th of jan, i was just so happy when i got the interview that i have already bought the outfit....:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending