The Student Room Group

The key and lock analogy for sluts vs manwhores.

I've seen a few comments recently about this, so I decided to clear it up.

Say you had a key that could open any lock, it would be good, because you only need 1 key to get anything you want.

On the other had if you had a lock, that could be opened by any key, it would be bad, because whats the point in having a lock that can get opened by anything. Its much better to have a lock that can only get opened by one key.

Boys have keys
Girls have Locks

This is why a girl who had sex very much is looked down on, and why a boy isn't.

Honestly, how hard is it for an average looking girl to get laid?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Cool story bro :tongue:
Reply 2
What is the point of this thread? Are you trying to support the (backwards and misogynistic) view that it is okay for men to be promiscuous but not girls?
So speaks Damidude, Oxford Professor of ****ty analogies.
Reply 4
My key can't open any locks.
Rarely can a **** be unlocked by the first key that fits. To reach it's true potential, it must experience many keys, and eventually the right key and the right previous experience with unlock her **** in shaking, wet, screaming bliss.
Why do boys have keys and girls have locks? Just because of which goes into which? But that makes no sense - 'innies' and 'outies' have no part on your analogy. It would be like saying "we shouldn't act like lemons, meaning that we should speak up and paint ourselves blue so that we aren't at all yellow".
It makes no sense.
Original post by Liam_G
My key can't open any locks.

Watching too many gangster movies has made you think your paperclip adequate, which it clearly isn't.
2001 wants its analogy back.
Original post by Bellrosk
What is the point of this thread? Are you trying to support the (backwards and misogynistic) view that it is okay for men to be promiscuous but not girls?

Well if you think about it scientifically (im not supporting it, just giving another view). Men should be promiscuous. Firstly i dont think humans are truly monogamous. Marriage is social not genetic. In the animal kingdom it is easy to see that the male species try to spread their sperm in as many females as possible. This is genetic. An animal that can pass on its genes is a successful animal. Humans are animals, we may be more intelligent, but genetically, we are. So following that it would make sense to say that a man should have as much sex as possible. Also women get to choose who they 'mate' with (like in the animal kingdom as well) so its up to them to make the best decision about who they sleep with, rather than having sex with anyone.
It's a fun analogy but is of course completely meaningless and doesn't explain anything.

The real reason a man's promiscuity is applauded is that it is relatively difficult to achieve and he is doing what many man can't, but would like to do.

Girls getting laid a lot is, at best, completely unimpressive because even fat, ugly, awful women could get 10 dicks a day with only the slightest effort.
Quite why it's seen as actually a negative thing, I don't know, and actually from what I see it's mostly other girls who think/say this about each other.
Reply 11

No not really, I'm just trying to explain it.
Original post by Lewroll
Well if you think about it scientifically (im not supporting it, just giving another view). Men should be promiscuous. Firstly i dont think humans are truly monogamous. Marriage is social not genetic. In the animal kingdom it is easy to see that the male species try to spread their sperm in as many females as possible. This is genetic. An animal that can pass on its genes is a successful animal. Humans are animals, we may be more intelligent, but genetically, we are. So following that it would make sense to say that a man should have as much sex as possible. Also women get to choose who they 'mate' with (like in the animal kingdom as well) so its up to them to make the best decision about who they sleep with, rather than having sex with anyone.

Also, in the animal kingdom the female often is promiscuous. This is so that they have the best chance of getting pregnant. With some apes, they have been recorded where a female secretly has sex with a different apes rather than the alpha one, and pretending that they weren't having sex. This way, the clever sneaky apes pass on their genes, and the female still has the strongest ape to protect her child, as he thinks it is his.
Even so.. if i knew a boy which had had sex with more than 10 people (i know a few) i wouldn't have sex with him.
Reply 14
Even though some keys might do the job, they don't work very well. They don't fit right, take a lot of hard work to use and some of them are just down right ugly.

That's when you need to find another key that works better. Sometimes you need to try a lot of keys in order to find the right one... and unfortunately, most people blame it on the lock. :colonhash:
Original post by lightburns
Also, in the animal kingdom the female often is promiscuous. This is so that they have the best chance of getting pregnant. With some apes, they have been recorded where a female secretly has sex with a different apes rather than the alpha one, and pretending that they weren't having sex. This way, the clever sneaky apes pass on their genes, and the female still has the strongest ape to protect her child, as he thinks it is his.

Aha but as you said, this is with higher mammals only (chimps, apes, orangutans). In the rest of the animal kingdom it is unusual for a female to have more than one sexual partner per mating season, whereas the male can have several. Humans and chimps etc have perhaps found a better way of continuing the species, through intelligence. Is it genetic for the female to be promiscuous? Im not so sure about that.

EDIT: Unless promiscuity is a learnt behaviour. But I doubt that. In the majority of animals it is the males job to get females pregnant. It is the females job to pick the best male- not any male. Thats why you often see animals fighting (lions, hares and indeed even humans) and you see that the winner, the stronger animal, gets to mate.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Sabertooth
2001 wants its analogy back.

:rofl:
Reply 17
I don't need a key, I just break in :colonhash:

Spoiler

Reply 18
What happens if a key attempts to open a lock it's all going well but then they find out that this is no lock but another key!
Reply 19
Original post by Bubbles0ox

Original post by Bubbles0ox
Even so.. if i knew a boy which had had sex with more than 10 people (i know a few) i wouldn't have sex with him.

I like your thinking

Latest

Trending

Trending