The Student Room Group

Would you let your DAUGHTER with a MALE babysitter?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by damos92
Just to let you know, the depression and the self hatred is only going to get worse, so life is not going to be easy for you bro. A damn shame.

lol u mad?
No. Wouldn't risk a coin.
Reply 62
Original post by jolteon
lol u mad?

You know you hate being you and you're full of resentment, so why respond to my initial post with your questions?

Home truths hurt because those who they are aimed at usually bottle up and hide deep within what they feel and all it takes it a little comment or someone to bring it up to surface those emotions.
Well, one of my good friends is a guy and was an au pair (as was I) and so yes, I would. I mean, not because they were a guy, but I would choose who I deemed the best for the job regardless of gender.
Reply 64
Original post by damos92
You know you hate being you and you're full of resentment, so why respond to my initial post with your questions?

Home truths hurt because those who they are aimed at usually bottle up and hide deep within what they feel and all it takes it a little comment or someone to bring it up to surface those emotions.

i think someone's projecting. :blah:
Original post by RAPSTER
Would you let a male teacher teach your daugter same difference?

If you go to your local primary school, the chances are their staff are 90% female and the males are only there to do PE.
So apparently no.
Reply 66
Original post by jolteon
i think someone's projecting. :blah:

Am i projecting in my posts the amount of misery that you project in your day to day life?

If so, i'm gonna shut the **** up immediately.
just because he is a man doesn't automatically make him a paedo
:holmes:
It's so dumb (and quite insulting) that my younger sister by 3 years has had 20 more babysitting jobs than I have, despite both of us being available and equally well-known to the families. You'd think that if a fire broke out, or someone tried to break in, or one of the kids hurt themselves, that I'd be far more capable than her at dealing with it.
It's just as bad as racism - yet people just do it.

edit: to put it in perspective, I had 2 babysitting jobs in 3 years. She's had those 17 in one year.
at least the thread title makes sense.
that's important.

:lolwut:
Reply 70
Original post by damos92
Am i projecting in my posts the amount of misery that you project in your day to day life?

If so, i'm gonna shut the **** up immediately.

*awaits silence*

un? s? splo ???? 9 ?u???n? ?sn???q ?sn? p?? os s? ?n? s???
Reply 71
Original post by Guy Secretan
just because he is a man doesn't automatically make him a paedo
:holmes:

Who said it did?

It's a case of probability. A man is much more likely to abuse a child than a women, especially if the child is female.

Running across a motorway blind folded doesn't automatically mean you'll get hit by a car, but it's still unwise to do it.
I'm male and babysit my 4 year old niece regularly and I sometimes babysit for one of my best friends who also has a 4 year old daughter, I wouldn't expect anybody to leave their child with strangers anyway...

I think it's a shame there's a stigma attached to men looking after children that aren't there own these days. It seems to be one reason primary schools have less males going into that profession, though I guess that makes things less competitive for me when the time comes to search for a position anyway!
Never, i'd be too skeptical especially if its something to do with my daughter
Reply 74
yes i would, being male dont mean he's automatically gonna rape your daughter,who says you can trust ur daughter or even son with a female, a woman can be just as much a rapist as a man can be (vanessa george, rose west). men have daughters, neices, cousins and other relatives that they love without touching them, if they are capable of looking after her then why not?
Reply 75
If it was a trusted family memeber then yes,
i didn't say i would did i? no being serious i see your point. it depends on who it is i suppose as well as the background of that person. some are ok but you get the odd few who just are pathetic. hope this helps./ holla
Reply 77
Original post by Sendaii
So it's racist to not leave a child with a black babysitter but not sexist to not leave a child with a male babysitter? Logic fail.

I love how everyone here is assuming that female paedophiles don't exist. It seems that the majority of people have an image of a paedophile in their head, usually male, white, middle-aged, fat and ugly. This is dangerous. Anyone of any age, gender, colour or creed could be a paedophile. Do not, by any means, judge a book by its cover.

On topic, I'd have no problem leaving my child with a male (or indeed female) babysitter as long as I trusted them 110%.

It's racist not leaving a child with a black sitter and it's sexist not leaving him/her with a male sitter.
I would leave my daughter with a trusted family friend. If they happened to be male then yes, I would. If they were female then equally I would. I don't see the difference if you know and trust the person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending