The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Arenas123
I'm passionate about this now because of the fact I've been negged to no end. Getting rid of all my positive rep. People on this thread have all ganged up on me for no end and that's why I'm acting this way

Stop with the persecution complex. You're wrong, your entire argument is riddled with inaccuracies, unreliable anecdotes and fallacies which are seemingly plain to everybody but you. You are not a lone wolf standing up against the oppression of the medicine forum: you're wrong. Just because it is your opinion doesn't make it intrinsically correct and allow you to per se dismiss what everybody is saying. Any sane person would have probably admitted defeat by now.

Well, saying that, any sane person wouldn't try and defend the position that it's fine for a doctor to lie.
I'm passionate about this now because of the fact I've been negged to no end. Getting rid of all my positive rep. People on this thread have all ganged up on me for no end and that's why I'm acting this way

Why the hell do people keep saying this is me ? Just look at my posting history and you'd see I'm clearly not a medical student..... 3 years of posting history I know but trust me I'm not.

As for your student declaration idea I've never heard of it and I'm sure your bending it a bit. Or it's different in context. It's in nobodies interest to kick someone out who has already started medical school. The government has paid for his year of degree. You can't exactly get someone else in half way through second year. Medical schools lose enough people through failing/not liking med school. I'm sure they would kick someone out for not disclosing something serious. Which this isn't

I agree with you on the UCAS thing but this will be my last post on this thread.

I will just advise anyone that finds themselves in this situation to get legal advice and be graceful and polite when dealing with the medical school. Unless you have past indiscretions/ other major ones, You wont be kicked out :smile: Before you believe what people have mentioned on this thread about the doctor that was struck of, Do some research on the guy and you'll see that he was in a far more serious position than you are probably in and his discretions lasted from medical school all the way to fellowship level. Ignore all the people making you fell bad by resiting GMC guidelines, they don't mean that much, "Guide'' being the main word. I am NOT encouraging people to lie on UCAS forms. This will only work for non UK medical schools and how many people attend those ?

Well by your claims you're not a medical student and neevr attended medical school in either the UK or India so how on Earth would you know whether or not such declarations exist and whether or not I'm "bending it"?

You seem to be a little lost; on the one hand you are begging for advice from people and then the next you are completely throwing back in peoples faces and forcing your own retarded, misinformed ideas of what exactly constitutes a serious breach of professionalism.

If what you say is true you are not a medical student or have any experience of medical study. The people who have posted replies are mostly (including myself) senior medical school students, graduates etc who have had first-hand experience of how medical schools and tutors and the GMC view issues on professionalism, well at least far more than you appear to have and I believe the advice we are giving if fair and an accurate representation of the views most medical schools and the GMC would take on this.

Yet time and again you ignore this advice as if to say only you have the right answer and that's probably why you're getting all the negative rep.

If you're going to post on a forum read by medical students/graduates up and down the country (including KCL) then be prepared to receive a wide variety of posts some supportive, some not so.

If you can't handle the opinions or views of others then I am afraid that's your perrogative and perhaps you shouldn't have posted on here.

As a once famous ex-user used to say on here "If you can't handle the heat, then get out of the kitchen".
Oh btw you've also probably done your buddy no favours by posting on here given that many a KCL medical student (and the odd one or two tutors) do scan TSR and I'm guessing if your friend's situation is quite unique it wouldn't be so difficult to identify him/her with a little bit of looking around personal records etc.

There is a reason why this is called a "public" forum i.e. all members of the public can view it. Tutors are also starting to break away from the gowns and ivory tower mentalities and embracing coolness by going onto Facebook, Twitter and pages like TSR. Heck even my medical school made some youtube clips for the graduating class of 2007.....go search it out.

So well done on standing up for you and your friends rights like you're The Black Panthers or something. I'm sure they weren't so stupid in their public operations.
Reply 103
Original post by Beska
Stop with the persecution complex. You're wrong, your entire argument is riddled with inaccuracies, unreliable anecdotes and fallacies which are seemingly plain to everybody but you. You are not a lone wolf standing up against the oppression of the medicine forum: you're wrong. Just because it is your opinion doesn't make it intrinsically correct and allow you to per se dismiss what everybody is saying. Any sane person would have probably admitted defeat by now.

Well, saying that, any sane person wouldn't try and defend the position that it's fine for a doctor to lie.

Regardless of my argument my conclusion was simple. My friend wont get kicked out of medical school. He didn't. Nobody else would get kicked out of medical school for SOLELY this issue. I am right on that and you know I am. So I am right. The guy living 2 streets down from me who went to his KCL medical lectures today is proof of it.

You might want to watch your definition of sanity when you start your psyh rotation btw.

Your all medical students. Mostly theory and the bull**** doctors tell you in wards. When you start being actual doctors you'll see how medicine works and when telling a lie is the difference between a patient suffering and a patient not suffering you'll start breaking your ''guidelines''.
Reply 104
ok I just remembered it was supposed to be my last post. This is really my last post :smile:
Reply 105
Regardless of my argument my conclusion was simple. My friend wont get kicked out of medical school. He didn't. Nobody else would get kicked out of medical school for SOLELY this issue. I am right on that and you know I am. So I am right. The guy living 2 streets down from me who went to his KCL medical lectures today is proof of it.

You might want to watch your definition of sanity when you start your psyh rotation btw.

Your all medical students. Mostly theory and the bull**** doctors tell you in wards. When you start being actual doctors you'll see how medicine works and when telling a lie is the difference between a patient suffering and a patient not suffering you'll start breaking your ''guidelines''.

Let me just clear something up to start with, I'm not a medic.

I attack an argument because it's silly to attack a conclusion. Saying that, you cannot have a sound conclusion if you disregard your argument. Your argument is full of crap so your conclusion is wrong. The fact you've made up stories and journal articles to back yourself up further proves how much **** you're talking.

OK calm down, YOU WON'T GET KICKED OUT OF MEDICAL SCHOOL.

Take a chill pill and relax, deep breaths, valsalvas et al.

You are totally wrong by the way. Students have been kicked out for issues like this and many more over the years.

You really are quite sad and deluded and frankly I pitty you.

Besides isn't it past your bedtime little boy? Qucik, better change into your jimjams before mummy comes to tuck you in.

What's the problem? Little boy doesn't know how to debate rationally and logically with the big boys so he needs to swear and refuse to accept that he's wrong.

Dude, are you even at university? If you really are studying Medicine at KCL then I am sorry to say this and my apologies in advance to all KCL students and tutors on here, but it really is a sad day for the medical education system in the UK if morons like you can make it past the selection process. I was going to say perhaps KCL had lowered their standards but I guess they can't be blamed if one egg in carton turned out to be bad.
ok I just remembered it was supposed to be my last post. This is really my last post :smile:

You'll be back I'm sure of it.
Reply 108
I love the whole "this is my last post", "oh no, actually THIS is my last post" routine. :toofunny:

I work on a psychiatric ward and a dementia/stroke ward. You're full of **** now GTFO.
What's even funnier is that the OP had to make some sob story about asking on behalf of his "friend" as if to hide his identity but then goes onto mention the fact he studies at KCL and previously at a medical school in India.

Hmmmmmmm not so smart is it? And we're meant to take his advice and arguments over those who have actually had first hand experience of a clinical setting and opinions from doctors?
Original post by Warrior King

Dude, are you even at university? If you really are studying Medicine at KCL then I am sorry to say this and my apologies in advance to all KCL students and tutors on here, but it really is a sad day for the medical education system in the UK if morons like you can make it past the selection process. I was going to say perhaps KCL had lowered their standards but I guess they can't be blamed if one egg in carton turned out to be bad.

And people wonder why I didn't apply to KCL :tongue:

Edit: About him claiming it's a "Friend". That happens on forums all over the net, I've often wondered why people do that. It's not like you have to see anyone on here the next day (and even if you did you wouldn't post here)
(edited 13 years ago)

Maybe we should email these comments to KCL and have them investigate claims by one of their students that the teaching offered by clinicians working with the medical school is "bull****" and bringing KCL, the GMC and medical profession into disrepute?

If they weren't too happy about the fact you had lied about previous study, then I'm sure they'd be even unhappier about the fact you are parading yourself as a KCL student whilst at the same time slagging off KCL, the teaching staff, the GMC and the medical profession.

I really do hope you're not a medical student. You're too immature to even be a professional, regardless of the field.

Maybe a CBBC presenter is up your street? Oh wait didn't Konnie Huq study Economics at Cambridge? What a waste that was eh?
Original post by winter_mute
And people wonder why I didn't apply to KCL :tongue:

Edit: About him claiming it's a "Friend". That happens on forums all over the net, I've often wondered why people do that. It's not like you have to see anyone on here the next day (and even if you did you wouldn't post here)

Friend or not I think it's gonna be pretty easy to spot the OP at uni or college from now on; just look for the guy with a giant penis on his head.

Aren't you a medic who applied to medicine whilst being on a different course at the time and got in legitimately? :colondollar:

I think it was you. :ninja:
Original post by FinalFlash
Aren't you a medic who applied to medicine whilst being on a different course at the time and got in legitimately? :colondollar:

That's a completely different thing. You can apply while on another course, but applying while at another medical school is a different matter.

Yes but the difference is it was declared on my UCAS form (as my then uni tutor wrote my reference) and I also wrote to medical schools first asking if they would consider an application from me given that I had started a Pharmacy programme elsewhere.

Coincidentally King's were one of the places that said no they wouldn't hence I saved myself the hassle of applying there.

Difference between me and the OP; I didn't commence a medical programme anywhere else and the information about my academic record was declared by both myself and my referee hence the medical school were aware of all this before they even interviewed me and offered me a place.

Hence I haven't committed a single breach of unprofessionalism which I'm sure you were attempting to pin on me. Nice try. Don't give up the day job. :wink:
Original post by winter_mute
That's a completely different thing. You can apply while on another course, but applying while at another medical school is a different matter.

I'm well aware of that. :smile:

I just remember warrior king from previous threads. Should have pmed him tbh.
Yes but the difference is it was declared on my UCAS form (as my then uni tutor wrote my reference) and I also wrote to medical schools first asking if they would consider an application from me given that I had started a Pharmacy programme elsewhere.

Coincidentally King's were one of the places that said no they wouldn't hence I saved myself the hassle of applying there.

Difference between me and the OP; I didn't commence a medical programme anywhere else and the information about my academic record was declared by both myself and my referee hence the medical school were aware of all this before they even interviewed me and offered me a place.

Hence I haven't committed a single breach of unprofessionalism which I'm sure you were attempting to pin on me. Nice try. Don't give up the day job. :wink:

Seriously? Why the assumption? I even said legitimately ffs :nothing:

Like I said in the previous post. I should have pmed you.

Also at the time you were applying Kings were in fact accepting people in first year of other courses, but this was for the A101 Medicine programme.
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm well aware of that. :smile:

I just remember warrior king from previous threads. Should have pmed him tbh.

No problems.

I got nothing to hide. Infact I use my example as a beacon of shining moral light to bring those who are immoral such as the OP out of the darkness, and free from their prison of delusion and ignorance.

I am the Warrior King.

Latest

Trending

Trending