The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

NFS Hot Pursuit on Resnet?

Has anybody else got this game and if so, are you having trouble connecting to autolog?

I can't get online with it at all, the connection shuts off and it tells me I can't play online.

This is making me a very sad panda. I'm guessing it's a resnet issue or something.. :mad:
Reply 1
Resnet doesn't like EA games for whatever reason. :frown:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
yea, its an ea thing, although recently ive been able to get on fifa11. also, i cannot get on assassins creed brotherhood. and yes, purely resnet and their extreme NAT
Reply 3
Technically it's not Strict NAT that's causing your problems. It's the use of webproxies and EA not having any support for them in their software. Transparent caching *might* work (depending on if EA care about different bits of your traffic coming from different IPs) but would also break a number of other things. Removing the webcaches completely would put a *massive* load on the NAT system and it'd fall over so you'd have no NAT at all. Giving everyone global IPs would require a reshuffle of the entirety of campus' address space.

There is no quick simple solution. We're investigating various possibilities, but whatever we go with it's likely to take considerable time and money.
Reply 4
Original post by Carr0t
Technically it's not Strict NAT that's causing your problems. It's the use of webproxies and EA not having any support for them in their software. Transparent caching *might* work (depending on if EA care about different bits of your traffic coming from different IPs) but would also break a number of other things. Removing the webcaches completely would put a *massive* load on the NAT system and it'd fall over so you'd have no NAT at all. Giving everyone global IPs would require a reshuffle of the entirety of campus' address space.

There is no quick simple solution. We're investigating various possibilities, but whatever we go with it's likely to take considerable time and money.

it never even crossed my mind that EA of all people wouldnt support proxies when almost all over gaming companies do. sort it out EA...well and Ubisoft :frown:
Reply 5
Really hope this gets sorted :frown:

Picked up Hot Pursuit over christmas and the online is :coma:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending