The Student Room Group

Will any uni accept me for this course?

Hello. I am currently on a gap year and am worried about uni next year. I really want to study computer science but have a levels in totally unrelated subjects. I have 240 ucas points from film studies - B English lit/Lang - B and history - E (no as). I only have very basic programming knowledge and that's about it. I can't see any foundation courses that appeal to me but there are some comp sci courses that require 240 points. As there will be a high number of applicant this year do I have a chance of studying this? Thanks a lot.
Original post by Perperper
Hello. I am currently on a gap year and am worried about uni next year. I really want to study computer science but have a levels in totally unrelated subjects. I have 240 ucas points from film studies - B English lit/Lang - B and history - E (no as). I only have very basic programming knowledge and that's about it. I can't see any foundation courses that appeal to me but there are some comp sci courses that require 240 points. As there will be a high number of applicant this year do I have a chance of studying this? Thanks a lot.

You're best to contact those universities offering the comp sci courses individually and explain your situation to them. Although, even if you state yourself that you only have 'basic programming knowledge', you'd probably struggle on a degree course. How about looking into BTEC IT Programming courses at your local college? You might even be able to apply after one year if you have high grades.
Reply 2
@ellakristina

I'm 21 so another yer of college isn't really an option with fees rising etc. I am not talking about whether or not I'll struggle, I'm asking if I would be accepted.
Reply 3
Original post by Perperper
@ellakristina

I'm 21 so another yer of college isn't really an option with fees rising etc. I am not talking about whether or not I'll struggle, I'm asking if I would be accepted.

have you looked at the sussexs foundation course?

DD? Entry requirements

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending