The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by ryan118244
I don't know whether you got the message, it was saying you couldn't receive it :/

Anyway as for my work experience I should have tonnes lol seeing I'm a reapplicant, You have to be kidding me, mine is not as good as yours! Yours is so unbelievable well written, it's crazy!! Youve done some great things, I'm sure you will get an offer!!
Where else have you applied?

I did get you email but same thing... telling me you are not going to receive the email so...

Oxford (nice big rejection after my BMAT average score), St. Andrews, Glasgow and Dundee.
I've heard that at Dundee they care about work experience (which is not too detailed in my PS so...) and Glasgow kinda messed up my application (told me they accept the Romanian baccalaureat then told me they dont, then told me they do but i need an A-levels in biology... the frustrating part is that they doubt my knowledge in biology :smile:)) and the fact that many people with lower UKCATs have been receiving interview offers - at Glasgow they invited the top 800 applicants in order of their UKCAT score IF they meet the minimum academic requirements ).

St. Andrews is my first choice so I really hope it goes well...
Reply 281
Original post by teafil
I did get you email but same thing... telling me you are not going to receive the email so...

Oxford (nice big rejection after my BMAT average score), St. Andrews, Glasgow and Dundee.
I've heard that at Dundee they care about work experience (which is not too detailed in my PS so...) and Glasgow kinda messed up my application (told me they accept the Romanian baccalaureat then told me they dont, then told me they do but i need an A-levels in biology... the frustrating part is that they doubt my knowledge in biology :smile:)) and the fact that many people with lower UKCATs have been receiving interview offers - at Glasgow they invited the top 800 applicants in order of their UKCAT score IF they meet the minimum academic requirements ).

St. Andrews is my first choice so I really hope it goes well...

Ah shame about Oxford, it's over rated though hhaa. Yea I've heard about Glasgow putting loads of weighting on the UKcAT and that they have a cut off, it's the same as what Manchester do, but I'm sure u will be fine. Same St Andrews is my top choice!
Have any English applicants received interview offers yet?
I wonder how many people actually get offers during christmassey time.

:erm:
Reply 284
Original post by spacepirate-James

I heard that Edinburgh once upon a time gave out offers on 23/24 December.

Judging by last year's thread, St Andrews sends out a few unconditionals mid-December, then nothing until about February.
Reply 285
Oh, do they not just give offers out in Feb/March time then? :smile:

Original post by Freddo:)
Oh, do they not just give offers out in Feb/March time then? :smile:

I asked at the end of the interview and they said that some offers are giving around december time. Just wasn't sure what period in December...

Mid-december is in about a week :colondollar:
Reply 287
Fingers crossed for you then! :h:

I asked at the end of the interview and they said that some offers are giving around december time. Just wasn't sure what period in December...

Mid-december is in about a week :colondollar:
last year offers were "supposedly" given out today :erm:
last year offers were "supposedly" given out today :erm:

I havent even heard anything from them
I got 615 in UKCAT so they probabaly havent set a cutoff yet. :frown:

People have been receiving rejections from Dundee today and they havent even given out all interviews as of yet :eek:
Reply 290
Original post by garlicbreadman

People have been receiving rejections from Dundee today and they havent even given out all interviews as of yet :eek:

This is brutality at it's most nonchalant.

The constant looking for work and getting no interviews is making me feel constantly worthless. I'm perpetually lethargic as a result. :mad:
Reply 291
Original post by platty1907
Have any English applicants received interview offers yet?

I was interviewed last week and several of those in my group to be interviewed were English, so yeah.

Quote from St Andrews website : "It is likely that applicants for 2011 entry with a score below 2457 will not be considered."

Cutting it fine, but I think they will consider you being so close to the threshold (considering the UKCAT scoring system means 2457 is impossible to get)
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Zyphlon
I was interviewed last week and several of those in my group to be interviewed were English, so yeah.

Quote from St Andrews website : "It is likely that applicants for 2011 entry with a score below 2457 will not be considered."

Cutting it fine, but I think they will consider you being so close to the threshold (considering the UKCAT scoring system means 2457 is impossible to get)

I know it was St Andrews or Liverpool. I loves St Andrews so went for it. I did email them before I applied and they really couldn't or wouldn't say whether the cutoff would increase. Contacted them after applying and they said it could be a while i.e. after Christmas when they decide the cutoff. Wonder whether they have asked Santa to provide them the cutoff score :rolleyes:
Reply 293
I know it was St Andrews or Liverpool. I loves St Andrews so went for it. I did email them before I applied and they really couldn't or wouldn't say whether the cutoff would increase. Contacted them after applying and they said it could be a while i.e. after Christmas when they decide the cutoff. Wonder whether they have asked Santa to provide them the cutoff score :rolleyes:

I thought that that WAS the cut off score! oh well :tongue:

Well, i got an interview with 670, which isnt a bad score, but isnt an amazing one either when you look at some others on TSR.
dsjnifhtygefsjne

fml. has ANYONE heard anything in terms of offers/rejections yet :frown:
Original post by Zyphlon
I thought that that WAS the cut off score! oh well :tongue:

Well, i got an interview with 670, which isnt a bad score, but isnt an amazing one either when you look at some others on TSR.

trust me your score is above average. It's just that most people on here are smartypants. The St Andrews Cutoff atm is 614.25!
Reply 296
trust me your score is above average. It's just that most people on here are smartypants. The St Andrews Cutoff atm is 614.25!

You'll be fine, you should get through to interview. Then you will have a low UKCAT ranking, but its only 15% of the ranking, so you can make it up with a strong interview or something!
Reply 297
dsjnifhtygefsjne

fml. has ANYONE heard anything in terms of offers/rejections yet :frown:

Don't worry just hope for Janurary time! I just got a rejection from imperial at least :biggrin: ... :frown: But praying for my other 3 choices tbh.
Original post by Zyphlon
You'll be fine, you should get through to interview. Then you will have a low UKCAT ranking, but its only 15% of the ranking, so you can make it up with a strong interview or something!

Hmmm...I'll just have to wait and see. Can't believe how ruthless the unis are being with UKCAT scores. We all work so hard to acheive the grades required which are already extremely high (well, the going rates anyway), and then they make such a big deal of a silly test one day.
Reply 299
Hmmm...I'll just have to wait and see. Can't believe how ruthless the unis are being with UKCAT scores. We all work so hard to acheive the grades required which are already extremely high (well, the going rates anyway), and then they make such a big deal of a silly test one day.

Yeah after my UKCAT I changed one of my options as I didnt think I had enough for the cut off. Ah well, guess its the only way they can do it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending