The Student Room Group

Extended essay and applying to the university.

Hi!
I'm just wondering if it's important if my extended essay would be somehow connected with what I want to do in the future? I mean, if it would be important when applying to the university? I would like to study medicine and I'm considering chemistry and psychology for my EE.
Thanks a lot for all help&opinions!
Reply 1
Original post by cococreme
Hi!
I'm just wondering if it's important if my extended essay would be somehow connected with what I want to do in the future? I mean, if it would be important when applying to the university? I would like to study medicine and I'm considering chemistry and psychology for my EE.
Thanks a lot for all help&opinions!

Normally universities doesnt look which subject you do on ur EE but doing EE on the subject you're apply for uni definitely gives u greater insight on the field.
Reply 2
I don't think it matters on what subject you do it on, the fact that you've done the essay and research etc. shows the Uni that you're more capable than A Level-ers :biggrin:
I did my EE on phobias and I'm applying to do German at Uni :smile:
Do your essay on whatever pleases you. This will generally get you the highest marks possible; it is far easier to complete it well if you love your topic and are willing to put the time in to make it sensational.
Reply 4
Original post by The Man of the Hour
Do your essay on whatever pleases you. This will generally get you the highest marks possible; it is far easier to complete it well if you love your topic and are willing to put the time in to make it sensational.

I'd suspect that the subject that pleases you the most would me somehow connected with what you intend to study further, therefore on top of enjoying the writing, you will also gain greater insight into the subject - a great preparation for unis (and perhaps something to talk about in your PS :P)
Reply 5
Thanks a lot, it's really helpful!
Original post by metjush
I'd suspect that the subject that pleases you the most would me somehow connected with what you intend to study further, therefore on top of enjoying the writing, you will also gain greater insight into the subject - a great preparation for unis (and perhaps something to talk about in your PS :P)

Generally...but if one absolutely loves English or History right now, one should write his/her essay on it, even if it isn't what they are doing in university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending