The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7160
Original post by Saliency
If my stores closed on Christmas day and boxing day would I still have to go in?
I'm on tills by the way.

No.

You have the option of either:

1) Working on another day, thus completing your contracted hours for the week.
2) Take it as holiday pay. Too late for this now though.
3) Take it as unpaid leave.

If in doubt see the HR department as they have the document that says the above. You may well get a different answer from your manager, but they have different interests. IE they will do what's best for the company rather than you.

Original post by dmg83
On xmas and boxing day our store closed, and we were required to take the days off as paid holiday.

You got screwed over.
Reply 7161
Original post by Smidster
That seems very harsh

Original post by Taurus-

You got screwed over.

tbh I'm not too bothered, I prefer not being there and being paid for the pleasure :tongue:
what does shorttime mean on the pay slip??:confused:
Original post by shooting.star
what does shorttime mean on the pay slip??:confused:

you didn't do the contracted hours you were meant to ie you're short on hours
do they usually get back to you even if you are unsucessful after interviews?
Reply 7165
Original post by bananaterracottapie
do they usually get back to you even if you are unsucessful after interviews?

I dont know b ut they did take 10 days to get back to me
Original post by inksplodge
you didn't do the contracted hours you were meant to ie you're short on hours

Or that Sainsbury's messed up. :smile:
As it is in my case. Still haven't heard whether they will add on my missing pay to the next paycheck... I'll be very annoyed if they don't. I do voluntary work - I don't, however, want to do 12 hours for Sainsbury's and not be paid lol...
Original post by davireland
Hi, ive just recieved a confirmed offer on the retail graduate scheme so I may be able to help.

They will be looking for you to demonstrate some sound commercial and retailing knowledge, e.g. who are our competitors? What do they do well? What area of the market (not neccesarily food retailing) do they focus on?

They will be looking to see if you a) have a managerial style b) If you do, is it good? and c) do you have the potential to become a great manager.

You will also need to demonstrate the 'Leadership Behaviours', if you are already a Sains colleague then you can access them on connect, if you are not a Sainsbury's colleague then call your local stores HR department and explain that you are a prospective trainee manager and could you have some more info on the behaviours.

Also, they will look for someone who knows what the company is all about too.

Just wanted to say thanks for the help. Learning the leadership behaviours was useful and got good comments back in the interview :smile:
Original post by affinity89
Or that Sainsbury's messed up. :smile:
As it is in my case. Still haven't heard whether they will add on my missing pay to the next paycheck... I'll be very annoyed if they don't. I do voluntary work - I don't, however, want to do 12 hours for Sainsbury's and not be paid lol...

Did you go to HR personally? Ask them :smile:
Did you go to HR personally? Ask them :smile:

I did. They gave me a 'wage query' form to fill in, which I then returned. They said they would 'look into it'... :frown:
Original post by redstar88
Just wanted to say thanks for the help. Learning the leadership behaviours was useful and got good comments back in the interview :smile:

No problem, happy to help. :smile:
lol sounds like the **** is gonna hit the fan at some point. :s-smilie: i am actually really worried about my shift
Reply 7172
sainsburys during xmas should be fun :wink:
its never fun
About 50 hours (of work) from now till christmas eve :s-smilie:
Hope I can keep my IPM at 21.1 :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
I can never get Mountain Dew in our store. It is just never, ever in stock and when it is the time I get round to buying it there's none left. :frown: It better be worth the wait..
Reply 7176
Original post by Schumacher
I can never get Mountain Dew in our store. It is just never, ever in stock and when it is the time I get round to buying it there's none left. :frown: It better be worth the wait..

That energy version? It's nothing special. And we have the same problem in our store, however rather than being out of stock, it's actually in the warehouse because it never gets worked. I spotted 5 or 6 cases of it the other day on several rollers in the warehouse, and empty on the shelf.
Reply 7177
Had my interview - very different to the ones I had read about on here.

Because it is a new store on a very tight schedule (Opens Jan 14 and they only began the Online recruitment on Dec 1) it was more a case of having a chat with the prospective manager and him reading things like the data protection information and potential wage.

Really don't think it was successful, not helped by the fact I was shivering due to the cold, so probably not going to be a great Christmas here.
Hi there,

I was having a look on the recruitment website and there is a job for 'Team Leader-in-Training'. Does anyone know what this entails?

Thanks.
is anyone elses store open NEW YEARS DAY? :| the only day we're shut is christmas day!

Yes, we're open.. And I'm in at 6am! Not amused :frown:
I'm in Commercial, so maybe I could come in later as we usually come in an hour before opening, which is 10am on NYD? I'll have to politely enquire :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending