The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Um. It's great that none of you like Indians. Well, can't say anything to that.
Original post by amans13
To be honest i don't really care. The point is that we subsidise these university places with our tax, and you international guys just take OUR places!

Why can't you stay in your country and study there? I'm sure you can get a good, if not a great education back in India

Why do you have to come here and study and then STEAL our jobs!! Do you know how much that pisses us off! If your gonna study here, atleast have the decency to go back and work in your country.

Are you a prospective Economics student.
haha this cheered me up, love a good debate! btw guys just finished a new website, check it out in my sig.
Reply 583
Original post by Chelle-belle
Are you a prospective Economics student.

i think everyone on here is lol
Reply 584
Original post by i have no name
hang on...did nottingham change your decision?! may i just asked how did that happen?im applying to nottingham with a 50/50 chance for rejection

So are nottingham waiting untill january? Because if not then how does that give everyone a fair chance to be considered?
Original post by Rathalos
Seems to me that this year is all about get as many international students as you can... the unis will need money

Tell me about my international friend who is Korean is doing his A levels here he got BBBD in AS and has applied to manchester uni city bristol durham and nottingham all for business management i know its not economics but they all require AAB normally for home student. He has offers from city AAB bristol AAB and Durham and Nottingham for ABB which is a bargain all because he is international. While we pay taxes and bust our backsides off at college and still face a major risk for rejection :frown:.
Original post by amans13
So are nottingham waiting untill january? Because if not then how does that give everyone a fair chance to be considered?

well they emailed me saying they are waiting till mid to late january but some people here got offers....and apparently someone who originally got rejected got the decision changed!!! im confused :frown:
Reply 587
Original post by Ramin Gorji
Tell me about my international friend who is Korean is doing his A levels here he got BBBD in AS and has applied to manchester uni city bristol durham and nottingham all for business management i know its not economics but they all require AAB normally for home student. He has offers from city AAB bristol AAB and Durham and Nottingham for ABB which is a bargain all because he is international. While we pay taxes and bust our backsides off at college and still face a major risk for rejection :frown:.

Thats exactly what i was trying to say, atleast make it fair. They can just get sh*t grades and get into a good uni!
well they emailed me saying they are waiting till mid to late january but some people here got offers....and apparently someone who originally got rejected got the decision changed!!! im confused :frown:

Was he an international or UK student??
Reply 589

:frown: did they tell you this in the acknowledgment email or another one?
Reply 590
Original post by Ramin Gorji

but at least your parents earn money in the UK... mine dont.. so really the unis want us... because of the money:s-smilie:
Reply 591
Original post by amans13
Thats exactly what i was trying to say, atleast make it fair. They can just get sh*t grades and get into a good uni!

well good but not top . . .
Reply 592
Original post by SPMS
Like every previous year then?

way more than previous years i think
I'm stressing so much, I've heard nothing from my unis bristol, nottingham, birmingham, lancaster, loughborough! T____T cane anyone give me peace of mind? lol.
Original post by amans13
:frown: did they tell you this in the acknowledgment email or another one?

found out on tsr :frown:
Original post by asdfg0987
I dislike indians as well though, regardless of nationality. I think it's the smell.

Dude do you have any frigging idea how offensive that was?
To make such a degrading generalization based on some *******s who don't care about personal hygiene. Believe me, the Indians you'll encounter at university will not be like that.
economics - that is, economics - applicants raging about skilled immigrants, priceless
Original post by greebo-man
economics - that is, economics - applicants raging about skilled immigrants, priceless

Doesn't even matter whether or not they're particularly skilled. The way some arguments are being put forth are not even arguments - merely ridiculous statements being thrown out there.

I am kind of shocked that they are Economics applicants even at school to be honest.
(edited 13 years ago)
hay guys helppppppppp. obviously i have the same problem with the guy that posted this message,have already apply 4 uni, but am categorised as a oversee student because am in my second year in the UK and EU generally but obviously i dnt want to pay that much i want to pay the home fee, did all uni s follow this rule. pls help what can i do
Original post by Olalekan12
hay guys helppppppppp. obviously i have the same problem with the guy that posted this message,have already apply 4 uni, but am categorised as a oversee student because am in my second year in the UK and EU generally but obviously i dnt want to pay that much i want to pay the home fee, did all uni s follow this rule. pls help what can i do

Hey, some of my friends are in the same position as you, from what they've told me about their fees, is that they have to pay the international rate at all Uni's. I don't think home fees are applicable unless you have a British or a EU passport.. (I'm not sure about the EU bit :confused: so don't quote me on it!)

Latest

Trending

Trending