The Student Room Group

(A LEVELS) How much are you planning to study in the Christmas holidays?

Scroll to see replies

I'm planning on doing 3 hours a day. But knowing myself, I'll probably do half that or spend the rest of the holidays procrastinating :colonhash:
Good luck with all of your exams everyone! I hope you all achieve the grades you want. Revise as much as you possibly can but don't drain yourselves out too much. Whatever you do, don't stress out, you've got more than 2 weeks to revise. Remember when all else fails, just :google: it :wink:
Original post by emilylikeeee
Well I'm working the majority of the first week, but the second week will be spent at the library revising :smile:

[EDIT] Why the neg rep :'(

[EDIT II] Hahahahaaa

You sounded alright til you said you was going to the library for revision!
Reply 83
I am going to revise about 10 pages of biology again and again from my textbook daily as that method got me a 90+ in AS. (As well as having a good memory and keeping answers simple and focused.)

For chemistry I will revise from the textbook and do the questions in the textbook and internet as chemistry test is mainly applied in that it askes a few questions that are out of the box . Then I will do passpapers.

For physics and maths questions,questions and more questions.
Original post by Stringer987
You sounded alright til you said you was going to the library for revision!

Haha I like the library :smile: and one should always be honest, even if it incurs them about 10 neg reps lol.
Original post by Artie
I'm planning to do as much as possible. With obvious breaks in obvious places. No work on Christmas Day, News Year Eve, etc.

Is anyone else doing Edexcel Religious Ethics A2 paper and know a good place to find revision notes??

Why Artie, shock horror, I too am doing A2 Religious Ethics!
And a good place to find revision notes is my computer :smile:
Original post by Louzilla
5th of Jan, which is when my school goes back as well.

Ouch, mine's in late December. Good luck with your revision, sure you'll do well :biggrin:
Original post by House of Jonny
Enough to stop me from crapping my pants about the test on 12th Jan for AS Physics I did no prep for yet

same :afraid:
Reply 88
Original post by DivinityofReason
Muslims believe in jesus so I find it strange that you don't celebrate it.

so what? you're saying muslims should even celebrate hanukkah because we believe in moses?

muslims don't even believe that jesus was born on the 25th of december so why should we celebrate it? we don't even celebrate our own prophet's birth (muhammed (saw)), so why should we celebrate another prophet's birth on a day we don't even believe is correct?

we've got eid - 2 of them in fact, i don't see why we should celebrate another religion's celebration.

you don't see a christain celebrating eid.
Original post by qasidb
I'm planning on doing some intensive studying from Monday onwards - including studying through Christmas day (well I'm Muslim so I don't celebrate it anyway.)
But anyways, what are you guys planning to do and how are you planning to do it? (Eg putting your social life on hold?)

(Btw, this only refers to those of you who have A level exams in January).

So i guess you accept prophet Muhammad was the last prophet?

Oh wait.
Reply 90
A lot.

In reality, probably 3/4 days. Which is annoying, considering the only exams I have in January are re-takes e_e
As much as I can- i.e. 3/4 hours a day at least hopefully. Got 4 A2 retakes in Jan and where I go to uni kinda rests on them. I still want some of a life got a couple of nights out planned already, but trying to focus on revision during the day.
S1, S2 and Physics. Planning to do 3 - 4 hours work a day from now till january 10th, but not on christmas eve, day or boxing day.
But yea, getting these exams out of the way means I have much less work to do for the end of year exams.
Reply 93
I'm going to Cornwall on holiday from Tuesday so am hoping to do most of my revision then. There's no mobile signal down there which will probably help, as there will be fewer distractions! Will spend up til then and after (around new year) relaxing, and just before i go back doing some more work. I have a little bit of study leave so will be majorly cramming then. I have so much revision to do :O I don't know anything yet it seems!
Reply 94
I started my biology revision a couple of weeks ago and I'm just over half way through my plan so I'm on target. Never do much over Christmas anyway, not going out much only shopping and new years, so i'll just try and do a few hours a day or something :smile:
Reply 95
Original post by Extricated
So i guess you accept prophet Muhammad was the last prophet?

Oh wait.

i'm not sure if you know but this thread is about how much studying you're planning to do in the christmas holidays.

were you even meant to quote me or were you meant to quote someone else because i don't know what the hell you're talking about.

are you even in the right thread?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Van_der_Waals
Too much! I'll probably allow myself a break for Christmas and Boxing day though..

I suppose it's bad that I somehow enjoy revision :s-smilie:

Same here :smile: I feel so guilty when I dont revise or if I take a day off revision :rolleyes:
5 hours a day at least.
Exactly the same as the OP
Planning 17 hours a day, 7 hours sleep, 17 hours revision.

R.I.P R.S, J.S, M.N re re re :e:e:colone::colone::colone::colone:

Quick Reply

Latest