The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by haleem
Yeah lol...there are quite a few.

Also, could you please explain this integrated core business to me.

On the first page of the booklet they have sent, they say there are three main components of the curriculum. The integrated core, SSC's and vocational studies.

Then on the second page they say that there are five main components of the curriculum. Core knowledge (years 1-3), vocational studies and clinical skills, years 4&5, SSC's and Electives....soooooo there is no mention of the integrated core this time round, but i'm guessing they have split it up into two further components -> core knowledge (year 1-3) and years 4&5. Is that right??

Also, would you say that the curriculum consists of 5 components rather than 3. The booklet is a bit confusing...

Sorry if that makes no sense :s-smilie: :emo:

Okay. Stop worrying so much. I basically talked about what PBL is, pros and cons, why I like it, then mentioned plenaries and FRS and electives and SSCs.

By the 'integrated core' the mention the first time I think this probably encompasses core knowledge, clinical skills, years 4&5. But this is minute level detail, if they ask you what the key components of the course are then I'd mention all five. But please don't stress about it.
Reply 521
Original post by lekky
Okay. Stop worrying so much. I basically talked about what PBL is, pros and cons, why I like it, then mentioned plenaries and FRS and electives and SSCs.

By the 'integrated core' the mention the first time I think this probably encompasses core knowledge, clinical skills, years 4&5. But this is minute level detail, if they ask you what the key components of the course are then I'd mention all five. But please don't stress about it.

LOL thanks :colondollar:

I do go OTT sometimes :biggrin:
Reply 522
Original post by haleem
LOL thanks :colondollar:

I do go OTT sometimes :biggrin:

i didn't even get to mention them all, they tend to cut u off once they get the answer they want
Reply 523
Original post by lekky

wow, dude they don't grill you. you barely get 20 seconds to answer the most important question, i start to list and they fires questions straight at u on what u know about it and they're done, on to the next question, really wasnt bad at all and i get nervous at this things
Reply 524
Original post by dmz
wow, dude they don't grill you. you barely get 20 seconds to answer the most important question, i start to list and they fires questions straight at u on what u know about it and they're done, on to the next question, really wasnt bad at all and i get nervous at this things

Thanks. I need to stop over analysing lulz. At least I can mention it as a weakness if asked :ahee:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 525
Original post by dmz

I'm already at Glasgow :smile:

When I had my interview though, they let me talk for quite a long time about the course.
.. probably why I got in, I had so much to say about 'why glasgow'!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 526
Original post by lekky
I'm already at Glasgow :smile:

When I had my interview though, they let me talk for quite a long time about the course.
.. probably why I got in, I had so much to say about 'why glasgow'!

sorry i quoted the wrong person, i know you are :smile: hopefully i get to meet you, i didn't even get that question, like all of mine were surprisingly easy and i had so much more to say than i got to even tho it lasted longer than 15minutes
Original post by lekky
GL for tomorrow. Uni will be empty as everyones left pretty much, but don't let it put you off. Sure you'll do well :smile:

I've already had it back on the 10th Dec. :smile: Thank you I hope to God it went well enough for an honur. It's beautiful.
Reply 528
Original post by laurencebaker1
I've already had it back on the 10th Dec. :smile: Thank you I hope to God it went well enough for an honur. It's beautiful.

what's your ucas like? That's a lot of interviews. Lol. Congratz
Original post by Andrew Mooney
Didn't stop you from getting two degrees though, and also a third I believe? :wink: I hope you get into Glasgow, best of luck :smile:

No, it didn't and the 3rd will be my MRes when I finish it in April. I hope I get into Glasgow too. Thanks for the luck. :biggrin:
Reply 530
Hey . I am an EU applicant (undergraduate) and I was wondering if someone with a score of 630-640 received an interview...
Thanks. :smile:
Reply 531
Original post by AndreeaT
Hey . I am an EU applicant (undergraduate) and I was wondering if someone with a score of 630-640 received an interview...
Thanks. :smile:

the cut off is 657.5 or a bit higher... sorry. I've got 680 and still no news (same EU applicant)

EDIT: where else have you applied?
Tocmai am observat ca suntem "colege de suferinta" :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 532
How do you know the cut off? I have tried to search it on their site, but didn't find anything.
Thanks. Good luck :smile:
Reply 533
How do you know the cut off? I have tried to search it on their site, but didn't find anything.
Thanks. Good luck :smile:

I've followed this thread. no one with less than a total of 2650 was called as i know and someone who phones their uni said that the lady there told them the cut off will be about 2600 or a bit higher... Are you gonna take the A-levels or just bacul? because I did have some problems regarding this (feels weird to talk in english to u :smile:)) )
UKCAT of 725 (2900)...and I've heard **** all.....

this is depressing
Reply 535
Original post by infernalcradle
UKCAT of 725...and I've heard **** all.....

this is depressing

where are you from? Eu applicant as well?
Original post by teafil
where are you from? Eu applicant as well?

Uk applicant...live in good ol' london
Reply 537
So you are from Romania, too? Just "bacul" :smile:)
Let's keep speaking in English so people don't misunderstand smth :P
What was your ukcat?
Reply 538
Original post by infernalcradle
Uk applicant...live in good ol' london

I'm Romanian... I'm still hoping my letter is somewhere on the way :frown: The truth is that Glasgow didn't seem very helpful... I've been told that Romanian qualifications are just fine and then I've been told the opposite. As a result i had my application updated on the 9th of December saying that I'd be having both exams (just my luck). Still no answer... I'm afraid that perhaps they disconsidered the application before the update and they won't re-check it afterwards... It is a possibility :frown:
Reply 539
So you are from Romania, too? Just "bacul" :smile:)
Let's keep speaking in English so people don't misunderstand smth :P
What was your ukcat?

well 680. I called them like 3 times and emailed them. they said yeah sure sure they accept bacu(at the phone). when they finally answered the email it was already too late (had submitted my application). In the email they said "preferably biology" which is impossible for us. I called them at the beginning of december, seeing everybody is getting offers except me. and... "dupa lupte seculare care au durat zeci de ani" i was told that i am supposed to have A levels in biology. I did say i want to and afterwards not a peep... Supposed they just trashed my application before the update...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending