The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thesilvermagnolia
She's not fat......probably nearer the UK average weight for a woman of her age! She is gorgeous, and happy! We need more models like her in the media :smile:

I dont know how all you guys are getting the idea shes happy.
So what if someone made a small article about her, that doesn't mean shes happy.

I bet you, deep down she wishes she was thinner. Its natural to want a better body, and if she doesn't agree shes only kidding her self.
Fat. And I'm roaring with laughter here at all the female responses, saying something along the lines of: 'Who cares?'

Guess what? You do. This whole 'plus size' tosh was coined and perpetuated because insecure women such as yourselves don't want to be socially ostracized for being fat. Ergo, we have 'plus sized' or 'curvy' models, like the nine-pinter posted in the original post, all slipping into the socially acceptable zeitgeist.

This is curvy:

This however, is fat:

Also; give each of these fat women the chance to be slim and beautiful (figure-wise) if they simply clicked their fingers. Guess how many would click their fingers?

Thank you for your time.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by a_t
Perfect is not a subjective word m8, and perfect woman don't have dem jolly rolls just like perfect guys don't

You can assume the vast majority of overweight people are unhealthy though, also check this http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/mar/09/fit-fat-unfit-thin

It says its healthier to be thin and unfit than a fat active person and its verified through a study by Harvard no less, so its not just some bull**** stat

Researchers found that obese but active women had a mortality rate that was 91% higher. Though far better than the inactive obese (142% higher), they were still worse off than the inactive lean (5% higher).

That's pretty bad, and this woman looks like she's about size 16 minimum. Probably more like 18

And sorry but you're not eating extremely healthily if you're overweight

Really? Well I tell you what, you graduate from medical school, then spend as many years in medicine as my doctor has done, and then come back and do a full physical check as my doctor has done and then tell me I'm unhealthy, because I know I am fit :smile: I also hold my weight pretty damn well, so I know I don't look fat, I just am overweight :wink:
Original post by edd360
Of course perfect is subjective, just like everything else. No one can objectively say any girl is perfect. Perfect is just a word created by humans which we have attributed a meaning to. If a girl was objectively perfect, no one would think otherwise. In my mind, something is only perfect if everyone thinks so, after all, it is us humans which define things. If my definition of perfect means having a few love handles to grab on to, you are not one to say otherwise.

Just to let you know, by definition perfection can NOT be subjective.
Perhaps its not a good word to used when speaking about a subjective topic.
Reply 85
Original post by Amuroray
You guys must have no game at all.

You are mistaken, I actually have World of Warcraft.
Reply 86
Could possibly lose a few pounds, but she's far from fat. I would. When I was younger I'd probably have said she was too overweight, but your standards slip a lot with age, trust me!
(edited 13 years ago)
She's not THAT fat but it's pretty obvious she'd be way hotter if she lost the weight.
Original post by thesilvermagnolia
She's not fat......probably nearer the UK average weight for a woman of her age! She is gorgeous, and happy! We need more models like her in the media :smile:
This is something I'll never understand - 'nearer the average weight for women of her age' - yes, she's 'average weight' but she's overweight, like the majority of the women in this country.

Just because the majority of women in this country are a size 16, it doesn't make them healthy. Being 'average sized' in this country will mean you're either obese or getting close to it. That is not something to celebrate!
Reply 89
Original post by lonelykatana

Well, in that case, by definition, nothing can be perfect. Either outcome produces the same result so I am not fussed.
Reply 90
Original post by Amuroray
****ing fat bitch.

Wouldnt touch her even if i was plastered.

Fat peoplehave no self control and are jokes.Complete and utter jokes.

how narrow minded..

so everyone with a drug addiction or alcohol addiction and any other form of addiction are complete and utter jokes too i suppose.. because they clearly have no self control in your opinion.

don't be so naive - you're surrounded with all kinds of people on a daily basis, whether you can see what their vice is or can't.

i hope you never have kids.
ok ok. so if, basically, you can choose your pick of the beautiful, thin women out there, why the hell do you care what the "fatties" of the world are doing or believe? people always have to find some particular group to denigrate. god forbid that after decades of listening to how beautiful all the skinny women are, some women who are not thin are saying the same thing.
Reply 92
Shut up, OP. You need to grow up.

I think the woman in the photo is beautiful.
she is fat, but still attractive. i'd poke her. lol...
Reply 94
Can I just say, that is a really unflattering angle! A lot of women would look "fat" from that angle. If she was standing up, she probably would still look chubby, but you wouldn't see rolls..and I think a lot less of you would be calling her fat.
Reply 95
Original post by philistine
Fat. And I'm roaring with laughter here at all the female responses, saying something along the lines of: 'Who cares?'

Guess what? You do. This whole 'plus size' tosh was coined and perpetuated because insecure women such as yourselves don't want to be socially ostracized for being fat. Ergo, we have 'plus sized' or 'curvy' models, like the nine-pinter posted in the original post, all slipping into the socially acceptable zeitgeist.

This is curvy:

This however, is fat:

Also; give each of these fat women the chance to be slim and beautiful (figure-wise) if they simply clicked their fingers. Guess how many would click their fingers?

Thank you for your time.

I was someone who said who cares (although I agreed she was a bit larger), and I certainly do not care. Oh and it's not because I feel bad about 'being fat' either, I'm a size 8-10 and I'm actually curvy (30G boobs, 26 inch waist, 36 inch hips). The only issue I have is with fat people saying they're curvy. Nothing wrong with being large if you're happy, but accept that you're large.

Also, I don't think everyone would snap their fingers and change their body. Some people are genuinely happy with their figures. And the girl in your pic is flat chested, so not really very curvy. :tongue:
Reply 96
I think she's beautiful
Original post by Teveth
Shut up, OP. You need to grow up.

I think the woman in the photo is beautiful.

I love people like you :')
Reply 98
Original post by edd360
Of course perfect is subjective, just like everything else. No one can objectively say any girl is perfect. Perfect is just a word created by humans which we have attributed a meaning to. If a girl was objectively perfect, no one would think otherwise. In my mind, something is only perfect if everyone thinks so, after all, it is us humans which define things. If my definition of perfect means having a few love handles to grab on to, you are not one to say otherwise.

lol this

Original post by lonelykatana

and also considering what perfect is in your mind, double fail

Original post by SpiritedAway
Really? Well I tell you what, you graduate from medical school, then spend as many years in medicine as my doctor has done, and then come back and do a full physical check as my doctor has done and then tell me I'm unhealthy, because I know I am fit :smile: I also hold my weight pretty damn well, so I know I don't look fat, I just am overweight :wink:

you know where I get 90% of my nutritional info from for a healthy diet? This lol http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1116113

And its pretty ****ing bang on, good read for people with a heavy exercise regime
The main thing is she is happy but even being slightly overweight can be bad for you later. It's probably best to controll yourself when you're young because that's when you look best and so continue a healthy routine as you get older. Once fat, generally, it is a slippy road to getting even bigger, due to comfort eating.

Latest

Trending

Trending