The Student Room Group

Missus refuses to go on the pill.....

/thread
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah I'm pretty sure it has now been confirmed, every woman on the pill officially has cancer and is infertile. Infact, even if she wasn't infertile, she would have extremely cancerous babies. Then, she would become infertile.
Reply 2
anal.
Reply 3
There are other forms of contraception than the pill or condoms.
Cool story.
Reply 5
Original post by boromir9111
Cool story.

I had to share it with the world LOL
Original post by tknight7
I had to share it with the world LOL

Let's hope your Mrs doesn't have a TSR account or friends on here who know you then she won't be "just" refusing to go on the pill :tongue: :wink:
I've heard of the pill making people put on weight, but never causing cancer. Maybe she doesn't want to get fat? Or scared by a scare story she read on the internet? ie: Technically, sun cream can give you cancer, but the risk is minute.
Reply 8
hopefully in a few yrs tme you will be able to take it instead of her : http://www.askmen.com/dating/dzimmer_60/72_love_answers.html
Reply 9
I really hate the mentality of "i hate using condoms". but that aside it's her choice and as mentioned there are other forms of contraception to look at!
Reply 10
if she is on the pill 'long term' there is some risk associated with specific cancers. But like everything, you must take these results as pure assumptions from experimental data, and not to take it as 100% fact
Um, sorry to sound unhelpful, but you can't really do anything about it if she decides she doesn't want to go on the pill. It's her choice, you can't force her into it.
there is other options e.g. contraceptive patch
tell her to go to a nurse and find out.
She's being silly! The pill comes in many types, not all of them have been proven to kill you.

I recommend getting a different type of contraception. I use an IUD, which is entirely hormone free (it's basically a little stick of copper a doctor sticks in the womb as sperm can't survive near copper).
Reply 14
Ok im going to wrap this up:

I can't force her into anything & Im just going to have to accept it

Thanks for everyones input :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by tknight7
Basically my girlfriend is refusing to go onto the pill - we've talked about it twice & don't think its a good idea to do it again too soon.
She's a bio student and read up on it, and shes convinced that the pill will give her cancer & make her infertile. Can anyone confirm this?
I know its her choice etc, but i hate using condoms, and she's not a fan of them either :s-smilie:
i think the real reason is that she doesn't trust me [enough] She's convinced herself that i'm going to end up cheating on her, even though i've never cheated before and we lost our virginities with each other.....

Tough one. Why does she think you might cheat? Maybe if you answer that honestly it will help you to figure out how to reassure her.

Of course, you could talk to her about an implant and see if she prefers that idea. But it might be a waste of time if she really is worried about cheating.

If she really doesn't like condoms, and you show your dedication to her, she might just decide to find a more long term solution, eventually.
This.

The reality is, the decision to go on the pill is taken too lightly these days. It interfers with a womans natural cycle and a lot of women react very badly to being on the pill. Personally, I felt awful while I was on it.

Whats more, the pill is an official carcinogen (so says the world health organisation) and if she does not feel she wants to increase her risk, she shouldn't have to just because you think sex without a condon feels a bit better.
Reply 17
Original post by secret_smile
This.

The reality is, the decision to go on the pill is taken too lightly these days. It interfers with a womans natural cycle and a lot of women react very badly to being on the pill. Personally, I felt awful while I was on it.

Whats more, the pill is an official carcinogen (so says the world health organisation) and if she does not feel she wants to increase her risk, she shouldn't have to just because you think sex without a condon feels a bit better.

This is how I feel - the less pills/extra hormones the better. I'm worried though because condoms alone aren't as effective as if you took both... I don't want patches/injections or that stufff because of the hormones too + implants and stuff not so much either
Reply 18
you clearly dont knowanything
the pill is used to help regulate periods, weight gain has no actual link to the pill and in some cases causes weigh loss

OP, id say get her to look at the infomation out there, if shes still unhappy with the pill despite the millions on it, then try nd convince her for the insert thing which is meant to be even more reliable
Reply 19
Be a LAD and slap her across the face.

Then say, "bitch, swallow that pill."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending