The Student Room Group

The pill (PERIOD)

Hi so I was on the pill a few years back due to heavy flows and came of it when the doctor seen it was good for me to do so. The pill made me gain weight (I also got bullied for my weight)

MY QUESTION: if I was to go back on the pill would I gain all that weight again or is there a way to take pill and avoid the weight gain. I only considering going back on the pill cause I’m going to college and need to focus this year to achieve my goals. (I suffer with extreme period pain) hence the going on pill again just for a year. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT
Reply 1
Discuss it with your GP.
Reply 2
I would advise you to avoid hormonal pills. Maybe you can use a non-hormonal IUD. It does not have serious side effects.

Original post by Melonrage
Hi so I was on the pill a few years back due to heavy flows and came of it when the doctor seen it was good for me to do so. The pill made me gain weight (I also got bullied for my weight)

MY QUESTION: if I was to go back on the pill would I gain all that weight again or is there a way to take pill and avoid the weight gain. I only considering going back on the pill cause I’m going to college and need to focus this year to achieve my goals. (I suffer with extreme period pain) hence the going on pill again just for a year. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT
Reply 3
Original post by ShanLynn
I would advise you to avoid hormonal pills. Maybe you can use a non-hormonal IUD. It does not have serious side effects.

Except a non-hormonal IUD will make periods more heavy and more painful...

No one can tell you whether you will gain weight on the pill if you go on it again, OP. Go see your GP or sexual health clinic - they will be able to advise on what pill would be best for you or if there are other things you can try.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 4
True, she should seek expert advice from her doctor. Different methods work differently on different people. A doctor will advice her accordingly.

Original post by black tea
Except a non-hormonal IUD will make periods more heavy...

No one can tell you whether you will gain weight on the pill if you go on it again, OP. Go see your GP or sexual health clinic - they will be able to advise on what pill would be best for you or if there are other things you can try.

Quick Reply

Latest