The Student Room Group

Boyfriend with car

So my bf and I live an hour away from eachother he usually picks me up on Saturday after seeing his children who lives close to me.
We don’t really go out with our friends a lot. so I’m gonna go out with my friend this weekend and I asked him to pick me up from the place. He said no, I should get a cab home after my outing and he’ll come pick me up on Sunday as he’s seeing his children then.

Should I be angry? A man I sleep with is telling me no lool. This has annoyed me. He asked me to do some online shopping for him and now I’ll say for him to do it himself because if he can’t help me why should I
Only you know if he is using you. I feel like you need to discuss this in person because this can cause bigger issues down the line. Anyway, I wish you all the best.
Why does he have to pick you up? Can you not get a taxi home? He's your boyfriend, not your dad.
Reply 3
Original post by bones-mccoy
Why does he have to pick you up? Can you not get a taxi home? He's your boyfriend, not your dad.

He still has duties as my boyfriend.
Reply 4
Original post by itstoolate4712
Only you know if he is using you. I feel like you need to discuss this in person because this can cause bigger issues down the line. Anyway, I wish you all the best.

No I don’t think he’s using me. I mean he’s dropped me to the airport about 3 times and picked me up. It’s just this weekend why is he doing this. He said he’s rather see me the following day so no point picking me up

i lowkey think he’s also jealous I’m going out
Reply 5
You've made this thread before, are you good?
Original post by Anonymous

What a strange attitude. Unless you're a small child and he is your caregiver, he has no 'duties' to you.

So much for 'equality' :rolleyes:
Reply 7
I mean we need more information. Sleeping with someone doesn't mean they're your taxi service lol. Talk to him about it.
So my bf and I live an hour away from eachother he usually picks me up on Saturday after seeing his children who lives close to me.
We don’t really go out with our friends a lot. so I’m gonna go out with my friend this weekend and I asked him to pick me up from the place. He said no, I should get a cab home after my outing and he’ll come pick me up on Sunday as he’s seeing his children then.

Should I be angry? A man I sleep with is telling me no lool. This has annoyed me. He asked me to do some online shopping for him and now I’ll say for him to do it himself because if he can’t help me why should I

Why did he say no? You must have asked and he must have given you a reason? If he just can’t be bothered or doesn’t have a good reason then you are in your right to be angry.

??? what 'duties' are those, exactly?

A man I sleep with is telling me no lool.

Lol. Let me get this straight. YOU decided you'd like to go and see your friend during the weekend and then you demand that he drives an hour to you to pick you up from where you're going? And you think this is reasonable? You're completely deluded. Anyone, boyfriend, husband, dad (as you seem to believe he is), mum, has the right to tell you no. He was right to refuse your request, if you want to do something for yourself then do it for yourself.

This has annoyed me.

Reading this has annoyed me, quite frankly. I honestly hope he breaks up with you, your attitude completely reeks of learned helplessness and entitlement. He's your boyfriend, not your butler. Grow up.

Based on your attitude in this thread alone I can absolutely promise you that your relationship is categorically doomed and when it does breakdown I am 90% confident it'll be the result of him tiring of your behaviour.
(edited 12 months ago)
Original post by Charles III
??? what 'duties' are those, exactly?

Lol. Let me get this straight. YOU decided you'd like to go and see your friend during the weekend and then you demand that he drives an hour to you to pick you up from where you're going? And you think this is reasonable? You're completely deluded. Anyone, boyfriend, husband, dad (as you seem to believe he is), mum, has the right to tell you no. He was right to refuse your request, if you want to do something for yourself then do it for yourself.

Reading this has annoyed me, quite frankly. I honestly hope he breaks up with you, your attitude completely reeks of learned helplessness and entitlement. He's your boyfriend, not your butler. Grow up.

Based on your attitude in this thread alone I can absolutely promise you that your relationship is categorically doomed and when it does breakdown I am 90% confident it'll be the result of him tiring of your behaviour.

I was going to type something similiar however you said everything perfectly
Driving an hour so he can drive her from her friends place to home then he drives back an hour home, then following day he drives an hour to pick her up, then drives an hour to his place with her. Is that the gist of it OP? 4 hours driving over two days? If that’s the case i’d probs have asked the missus to get a cab that one night too. It’d save 2hrs of driving. Lol.
Reply 12
Original post by boulderingislife
Driving an hour so he can drive her from her friends place to home then he drives back an hour home, then following day he drives an hour to pick her up, then drives an hour to his place with her. Is that the gist of it OP? 4 hours driving over two days? If that’s the case i’d probs have asked the missus to get a cab that one night too. It’d save 2hrs of driving. Lol.

I’ll be staying at his so he would. Drive to get me then take us back to his. Then he drives sees his kids and comes back home
I’ll be staying at his so he would. Drive to get me then take us back to his. Then he drives sees his kids and comes back home

You said his kids live near you, and you’re an hour away from him, so it makes no sense of him to drive u from where u are to his then back to his kids town again and back. That’s like 4 hours driving do you realise that? Put yourself in his shoes. Would you drive 4 hrs or just wait a day and drive 2? I’d personally wait a day and save 2hrs of driving.

Get a cab love and stop treating your bf as a taxi service. Honestly, no sex is worth how you are treating him. And if you can’t see that the you need to wake up and listen to people on here.
(edited 12 months ago)
You're annoyed because he won't leave his house in the middle of the night to pick you up after you've been out getting drunk?
Is it really that deep to be causing a problem over this?
He's literally your boyfriend, NOT your dad! Treat the man with respect. It's only fair.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending