The Student Room Group

Career or family? Which would you choose?

This poll is closed

Career or family?

Girls: Career 25%
Girls: Family 38%
Guys: Career 19%
Guys: Family18%
Total votes: 155
Having a good career is important to me but overall I think I'd choose family, because for me, family really does come first.

However, I'm glad to live in a society where you can do both! But if you had to choose between having a career and having a family (strictly, one or the other) which would you choose? Think carefully!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Career.
Reply 2
Choose in what way? Time allocation? You can do both....no? In any case, youre family isn't going to fail if you don't see them everyday, your career probably will.
Reply 3
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
Choose in what way? Time allocation? You can do both....no? In any case, youre family isn't going to fail if you don't see them everyday, your career probably will.

Yes, you can do both in this society. But I'm posing a hypothetical question about whether you'd choose to have a career or have a family - a 'what if' question.
Reply 4
I'm hoping that I wouldn't have to make that choice. If I did, I'd probably choose family. I want a career but not if that means never having a family.
Family :h:
Reply 6
Original post by Bella_Cullen
Yes, you can do both in this society. But I'm posing a hypothetical question about whether you'd choose to have a career or have a family - a 'what if' question.

OK...in that case family. Else, I'd have a family, keep them in an underground vault Fritzl-style so I could maintain a massive career and drive a Bugatti :cool:....don't judge yeah.
Career, because when I finish studying I'll have time to have kids get married, it may not happen like that but thats what i hope for :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
Career.
Reply 9
Twilight really does suck, though.
Reply 10
I have no idea.
Career, i dont like kids so there really is no contest
I cant say...I couldnt live without my family but I cant either live without a career...so wait do u mean get a family in the future or career plus friends/current family, like I cant live without my sister but I dont have to get a family in the future...if my future husband wouldnt respect me having a career I would be with him in the first place! so it's a tricky question...
Reply 13
Original post by Mr Incredible
Twilight sucks.

it clearly doesn't suck enough to stop you watching/reading it, and take in information such as the characters names - secretly team Edward me thinks ; )

Family - I watched 'Scrooged' last night I don't want to be lonely! :tongue:
Reply 14
Career.
Reply 15
Family, its a tough one tho
Reply 16
In that situation I'd be doomed to be miserable whichever I pick. I guess the sensible thing is to pick career because there's more certainty in that (for me anyway). If I picked family I could end up not meeting a girl I liked, not getting married, etc so I'd have nothing. At least with a career you can have a clear plan of how to achieve your goals. Can't really do that with relationships.
Reply 17
Career if I get the job of my life...

and enjoy being a swinging single :wink:
I'm quite curious about the results of this poll, will it meet my expectations?!
Reply 19
Family.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending