The Student Room Group

Incomplete degree - need help with ucas form

Hi

I'm really stuck with my UCAS form and wondered if anyone can help.

I was doing a foundation degree and completed the whole first year, but unfortunately due to ill health I had to suspend studies towards the end of the second (final year).
I am wanting to apply again for second year entry and was told to do so via UCAS- this is where I'm stuck.

Will I need to put the incomplete foundation degree on the form? If so how can I show that I have only completed one year as I can't seem to find an option for this?

I'm worried that if I don't include the incomplete foundation degree at all my application will be dismissed or my first years study will simply be ignored!

I'm beginning to panic about getting the form done now and would be really grateful if anyone could help.

Many thanks,

Lee
Reply 1
You could always put it in your personnel statement or call the universities your applying too as to what to do (they have application helplines generally) if you are unsure and can't find any options.
Reply 2
You need to include it in the education section (under add school/college) and then when it asks if you achieved any formal qualifications you will probably pick no. You may have been awarded a qualification for your completed year but as it's a foundation year that's unlikely - ask the uni if you want to make sure. Once you have done that unis will see your study.

If you do decide to write about it in your personal statement you need to concentrate on the positive aspects. What did you learn that will be useful in the future?
Reply 3
Original post by Juno
You need to include it in the education section (under add school/college) and then when it asks if you achieved any formal qualifications you will probably pick no. You may have been awarded a qualification for your completed year but as it's a foundation year that's unlikely - ask the uni if you want to make sure. Once you have done that unis will see your study.

This. Because you will pick "no" you won't be able to enter any modules or grades and you should send copies of your transcripts directly to the universities (if you want to apply for second year entry then you probably need to do this as their decisions will likely be based on your results; your transcripts are also required for accreditation of prior learning, which I understand is what you want to do here).

Contact the university first to let them know about your situation being slightly unique and ask them where to send the transcripts.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending