The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
If she was curvy, she wouldn't have wobbles of fat where a waist should be.
I mean people can look the way they prefer, but it really annoys me when people say "that's what a real woman looks like". So anyone who isn't fat/chubby, isn't real?
"Seen many girls do damage to themselves because they want to be thin". Fine, but anorexia is still a marginal problem compared to obesity. And there is nothing unhealthy about a young girl wanting to be slimmer than she is.
I think it's just the way she's sitting. If she was standing, or sitting up straight, she wouldn't look fat.
Original post by Jimbo1234

3 is in shape. You only need a very small amount of body fat (~14%) to be healthy. Look at the Pussycat Dolls. They are like that bit extremely healthy.

Sorry, but 3 is not 14% body fat and neither are the pussycat dolls/VS models. 14% body fat (for a woman) is more akin to your example of 'muscular'. It's extremely lean and defined.

This is also 14% body fat:

As is this:
Reply 443
Original post by StressReliever
Sorry, but 3 is not 14% body fat and neither are the pussycat dolls/VS models. 14% body fat (for a woman) is more akin to your example of 'muscular'. It's extremely lean and defined.

As is this:

Ewwwwwww
Reply 444
Original post by StressReliever

As is this:

That's really gross! :eek:

I'm sure most guys would prefer Kailee O'Sullivan (model in the OP) to female body builders. They have almost no boobs! :s
She is not fat! I'd say she is definetly curvy its just the way that she is sitting. Some people are so quick to judge on soley appearences!
Original post by a_t
And sorry but you're not eating extremely healthily if you're overweight

Do you know that there are diseases that make people overweight? I have known few persons who used to be chubby and they thought that it was their fault (one reason is that people like you complain that fat people are lazy and they eat unhealthily). One had hypothyroidism and other girl's pcos caused hyperinsulinemia. I'm not saying that every fat person has a disease behind their fatness but some do! And many of them live with them for many years before realising that something is wrong. Some people never know because they think it's normal to gain weight really easily.

But about the girl in the picture, I don't think that she is curvy. She is really chubby. If someone is curvy, she has wide hips, big boobs and small waist. I hate it too how people say that fat or curvy (now I don't mean that they are the same thing) women are real women. So if you don't have bigger cup size than D, you are not a real woman? So I'm not a real woman even though I have nice curvy ass and hips but I don't have enormous boobs? But yeah, I think that "real woman" could lose 15-20 pounds. It really makes a difference in appearance and in her health. She has a pretty face so I believe she would be gorgeous.
Original post by prescilla
Do you know that there are diseases that make people overweight? I have known few persons who used to be chubby and they thought that it was their fault (one reason is that people like you complain that fat people are lazy and they eat unhealthily). One had hypothyroidism and other girl's pcos caused hyperinsulinemia. I'm not saying that every fat person has a disease behind their fatness but some do! And many of them live with them for many years before realising that something is wrong. Some people never know because they think it's normal to gain weight really easily.

But about the girl in the picture, I don't think that she is curvy. She is really chubby. If someone is curvy, she has wide hips, big boobs and small waist. I hate it too how people say that fat or curvy (now I don't mean that they are the same thing) women are real women. So if you don't have bigger cup size than D, you are not a real woman? So I'm not a real woman even though I have nice curvy ass and hips but I don't have enormous boobs? But yeah, I think that "real woman" could lose 15-20 pounds. It really makes a difference in appearance and in her health. She has a pretty face so I believe she would be gorgeous.

oh please, thyroid problems are not common at all. Amusing the way every fat person likes to blame thyroid instability.
Original post by Justin Hammer
oh please, thyroid problems are not common at all. Amusing the way every fat person likes to blame thyroid instability.

~1 in 50 people have a thyroid problem, not exactly rare :holmes:
Nah, not desperate, just a bit dry, that's all :indiff:
Original post by crazylemon
~1 in 50 people have a thyroid problem, not exactly rare :holmes:

2% of the population, now we have little idea whether all these people are fat or not as last I checked having thyroid problems did not automatically make you fat. Yes, that is indeed rare last time I checked.
2% of the population, now we have little idea whether all these people are fat or not as last I checked having thyroid problems did not automatically make you fat. Yes, that is indeed rare last time I checked.

2% of the population having something is not rare. Pheochromocytoma is rare. Not this.

No it doesn't automatically make you fat obviously. I am not saying all fat people have it, but quite a few will.
Because being large is going to ruin my whole life, obviously.

There's no need to be so bloody rude, alright? Calm the hell down.

So I wouldn't want to be on the arm of a celebrity, so what? That doesn't rock my boat, so now I'm a freak? I'm sorry that I don't conform to your narrow version of humanity. Just because I'd rather stay out of Hollywood doesn't make me a freak.

I never said that good guys can't be good looking. Not once have I said or insinuated that, so get your facts right before you come on the internet and deal out a load of crap. My point is that ugly people, fat people, any people can be good people, and that matters more than size IMO.

I am honest with myself, I know that I'm fat. But the thing you people can't seem to understand is that it isn't my main priority to be thin, I'm sorry if that's not okay with you, but it's not, alright?

Passing my exams, learning to drive, saving for uni, getting to work on time, meeting with my friends, going out with my boyfriend, THESE are more important things than being thin.

Don't you come on here an assume that I'm a **** up because I'm fat. I've dealt with it, so get the **** over it.

Good luck in becoming a nice person.

Didn't you read what I said? I said "I'm not saying that every fat person has a disease behind their fatness but some do!". Even if it's a rare disease, some people have it. It's not the only disease that causes problems with the weight. And that person who has that disease is doing sports as a hobby so that is the reason why he had those tests done. If someone is active and is still overweight, there is something wrong. But if you sit infront of your computer and eat crisps, chocolate and pizza, it's your own fault. I think everyone should do some sports, no matter how skinny or fat they are. So I'm not saying that fat people should just eat unhealthily and not do anything because "well I may have some kind of a disease". But if someone really feels that there is something wrong, then they should get those tests done and check if there is anything wrong. And if you are saying that I'm trying to justify my fatness, you are being wrong. My BMI is normal and I'm trying to live as healthily as I can.
Original post by crazylemon
2% of the population having something is not rare. Pheochromocytoma is rare. Not this.

No it doesn't automatically make you fat obviously. I am not saying all fat people have it, but quite a few will.

Yes 2% is not common, add to this the large majority of hyperthyroid sufferers are in their 40s. As said another excuse peddled by the inactive. Its almost intrinsically linked with the aging process and menopause in women. The chances of you being say, a 20 something or a teenager and suffering from an irregular thyroid are extremely rare.
Didn't you read what I said? I said "I'm not saying that every fat person has a disease behind their fatness but some do!". Even if it's a rare disease, some people have it. It's not the only disease that causes problems with the weight. And that person who has that disease is doing sports as a hobby so that is the reason why he had those tests done. If someone is active and is still overweight, there is something wrong. But if you sit infront of your computer and eat crisps, chocolate and pizza, it's your own fault. I think everyone should do some sports, no matter how skinny or fat they are. So I'm not saying that fat people should just eat unhealthily and not do anything because "well I may have some kind of a disease". But if someone really feels that there is something wrong, then they should get those tests done and check if there is anything wrong. And if you are saying that I'm trying to justify my fatness, you are being wrong. My BMI is normal and I'm trying to live as healthily as I can.

Yes they can and there is the appropriate medication for aiding the T4 to T3 conversion process. However people seem too keen on pointing to thyroid instability.
Yes 2% is not common, add to this the large majority of hyperthyroid sufferers are in their 40s. As said another excuse peddled by the inactive. Its almost intrinsically linked with the aging process and menopause in women. The chances of you being say, a 20 something or a teenager and suffering from an irregular thyroid are extremely rare.

I was talking about fat people in general, not our age group. If you think 1 in 50 is rare you clearly don't know that many people.
Yes they can and there is the appropriate medication for aiding the T4 to T3 conversion process. However people seem too keen on pointing to thyroid instability.

Hahahaha you have no idea about the medication clearly. 'aiding the T4 to T3 conversion' :rofl:

But in the absolute majority of cases it's just plain and simple eating too much and exercising too little. Rarer cases like the ones you've described are the exception to the rule.
Original post by Amuroray
How hard isit Just to go to the gym?

Fat people make me laugh.

Ummm, gyms are usually expensive and overcrowded. Furthermore someone who is overweight/disabled etc will probably feel even more self concious.

That said, if a guy had the same amount of excess flesh, the media and society will not be so kind. When was the last time anyone described an overweight man as 'bubbly' or 'curvy'?

Latest

Trending

Trending