The Student Room Group

Fancy My Psychologist!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gemma :)!
It's really common to think you're attracted to someone like a psychologist. You feel close to them because you tell them a lot of things that you don't tell anyone else- but in reality, if you were to see them outside of the patient/doctor scenario, you'd be very unlikely to still feel the same way about them.

Yeah, I heard that, and that's probably it, but it's still awkward lol x
Reply 81
Original post by IndigoRockGirl
You're right : /
But it's just that when people are being (imo) unnecessarily rude, and accusing me of things and making judgements about me, I get really angry.

No, I agree, some have been a bit rude. But don't take them too seriously, more than likely they're just floating thoughts that are confined to a post instead of personal attacks.

Original post by Gemma :)!
It's really common to think you're attracted to someone like a psychologist. You feel close to them because you tell them a lot of things that you don't tell anyone else- but in reality, if you were to see them outside of the patient/doctor scenario, you'd be very unlikely to still feel the same way about them.

Been meaning to write something similar, this is some good slice o' knowledge.
What psychologist is she...counselling? or therapist...
the 2 are different
Original post by marshmallowcake
What psychologist is she...counselling? or therapist...
the 2 are different

She's an educational psychologist, why?
Just wondering, i want to be a psychologist myself, but not sure out of counselling and educational, does she really help??????
wtf does a psychologist do
That's hot :P
and we have v. similar names! :O
Original post by marshmallowcake
Just wondering, i want to be a psychologist myself, but not sure out of counselling and educational, does she really help??????

Yeah, she really really does lol x and not just with educational issues, with everything x
Original post by Indiegirl94
That's hot :P
and we have v. similar names! :O

Lol :smile: yeah that's true... lol :dontknow:
Reply 89
What the hell?

Are you sure you're not just making these things up...
Original post by wangelo
What the hell?

Are you sure you're not just making these things up...

Yeah, I'm sure :smile:
Reply 91
its a normal feeling when you have shared personal things with someone who focuses all there attention on you. transference. it will get better xx
Reply 92
Yeah, I'm sure :smile:

Im guessing its just natural attraction to her as you share personal stuff then, unless she is some sort of milf?
Original post by mazzie111
its a normal feeling when you have shared personal things with someone who focuses all there attention on you. transference. it will get better xx

Original post by wangelo
Im guessing its just natural attraction to her as you share personal stuff then, unless she is some sort of milf?

Well, she is hot, I guess it's a little of both :dontknow:
Reply 95
Is the reason you have a psychologist because of problems like this? lol
Original post by mollymustard
I think alot of this could be because she is your Psychologist. She is in a position of authority over you, and as an advice giver you probably think she is comforting in a way that makes you feel good around her. This is probably causing you lots of confusion.

Is there anyway you can chance Psychologist? As it could be detremental to your progress if you can't open up to her properly.
The emboldened words should each be two words, with a break after the penultimate syllable of each; detrimental is spelt so; psychologist shouldn't be capitalised; and I have no idea how you've used "chance" as a transitive verb at the start of the second paragraph. What've you been reading? Lots of postmodern tosh?

Sorry for being an insufferable arse: aside from being really ticked off and generally grumpy today, you should learn these things, if you're going to be teaching English!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by jismith1989
The emboldened words should each be two words, with a break before the last syllable of each; detrimental is spelt so; psychologist shouldn't be capitalised; and I have no idea how you've used "chance" as a transitive verb at the start of the second paragraph.

Sorry for being an insufferable arse: aside from being really ticked off and generally grumpy today, you should learn these things, if you're going to be teaching English!

I used to be like you, until I realised it's really annoying! :P
Original post by TravelGuru
Is the reason you have a psychologist because of problems like this? lol

nope, it's cos my mum's dead after being mentally ill my whole life, and my dad's a mentally ill paedophile.
ha ha
Reply 99
nope, it's cos my mum's dead after being mentally ill my whole life, and my dad's a mentally ill paedophile.
ha ha

Sorry to hear that. *Hug*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending