The Student Room Group

Extreme Muslim group brands Christmas 'evil', launches poster campaign

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1340794/Muslim-group-launches-poster-hate-campaign-festive-period.html

DailyMail again, ofc, where else do I post controversial news from? See I haven't had a thread in general discussion for a few days, I'm dissapointed :cool:

I think it's all a bit silly, what any of those things specifically have to do with christmas? I don't know, it's more of a blame game and it's almost like certain people in this faith almost want attention, bad publicity etc because of some things they do or say. Of course not all as it's just these extremist nutjobs...

It's not even the inflammatory and controversial story and posters that's the sad thing about this, it's the growing 'Islamophobia' in this country or so it seems, it's a kind of 'Them Vs us' feeling I think is festering and developing and it's totally unecesary

This all being said, I'm tired of even talking about it, X extremist muslim group does this or that, it's just boring.. why do they just keep doing dumb stuff like this... :rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They may not like the consumerism of Christmas, one of the key aspect that brings debt post-January as the mainstream media reports every year. Plus, the poster is targeted in Tower Hamlets where a large Muslim population live in, hence, it would be less 'controversial' if anything and to be honest, this is scare-mongering reporting, surely, there are more pressing these matters, i.e. helping people in dangerous weater conditions that is currently affecting large parts of the UK.

If you enjoy Christmas, by all means do so, ignore this troll Islamic Westboro Baptist church type group :smile:

^
:biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Hey, I dont know what they are complaining about, having raves, nightclubs, promiscuous behaviour, alcohol and drugs on the same day seems like a pretty good night out!

or he is none of those things, but just isnt a total f*****g flid whose simplistic view on the Islamic religion and all those who dont have an irrational hatred of it which is based on fail articles from papers like the Sun which are the only ones you can just about read.
I love the way they put 'claiming God had a son'. :lol: But, seriously where did they get 'rape', 'domestic violence', 'paedophilia' and others from. How is it relevant or exclusive to Christmas?
Reply 4
In a religious sense, Christmas has become evil. In fact, the whole world has become evil in a religious sense, a lot of it is evil in a spiritual sense as well. Too much consumerism in the west, not enough equality in the east. Human existence is taking the piss. Corrupt governments, bank owners ruling the world, money being the catalyst for everything. And everyone's too busy shopping, watching TV and eating packaged goods with bright colours, with no regard for health, individuality or prudency.

I for one think the World will be a much better place when it finally decides to shake this surface nuisance we call humanity into extinction.
Original post by Hamesh
They may not like the consumerism of Christmas, one of the key aspect that brings debt post-January as the mainstream media reports every year. Plus, the poster is targeted in Tower Hamlets where a large Muslim population live in, hence, it would be less 'controversial' if anything and to be honest, this is scare-mongering reporting, surely, there are more pressing these matters, i.e. helping people in dangerous weater conditions that is currently affecting large parts of the UK.

If you enjoy Christmas, by all means do so, :smile:

Maybe so, but if I see one of these posters I will be tearing it down.
Reply 6
:lolwut:

retards.
To be honest, I just find this really embarrassingly funny...has anyone been on the website?!

Wish they'd just shoosh...

No one is going to do anything, and I agree with one of the comments on the daily mail site, about how we should just ignore them and take the posters down.
Oh just let them do it. If they don't want to enjoy Christmas then fine, that's their decision. I'm not going to force them to enjoy Christmas and they're not going to force me to not enjoy it.

Simple.
Reply 9
Original post by lukejoshjedi
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1340794/Muslim-group-launches-poster-hate-campaign-festive-period.html

DailyMail again, ofc, where else do I post controversial news from? See I haven't had a thread in general discussion for a few days, I'm dissapointed :cool:

I think it's all a bit silly, what any of those things specifically have to do with christmas? I don't know, it's more of a blame game and it's almost like certain people in this faith almost want attention, bad publicity etc because of some things they do or say. Of course not all as it's just these extremist nutjobs...

It's not even the inflammatory and controversial story and posters that's the sad thing about this, it's the growing 'Islamophobia' in this country or so it seems, it's a kind of 'Them Vs us' feeling I think is festering and developing and it's totally unecesary

This all being said, I'm tired of even talking about it, X extremist muslim group does this or that, it's just boring.. why do they just keep doing dumb stuff like this... :rolleyes:

LOL retards. The website is quite funny. :rofl:
Reply 10
I love how according to these guys going to a rave is on par with rape
I haven't read the article in the OP but have seen something similar happening in an Asian area of Birmingham. A man and a child who I presume was his son, were standing on a busy street in the cold shouting about how Christmas was evil. I'm not sure why because I doubt many of the passers by celebrate Christmas. If the shoe was on the other foot and someone was branding Eid evil, I'm sure people like this man and those mentioned in the OP would be outraged.

As a Muslim, I think it's ridiculous, and as usual a small minority have decided to show the rest of us up.
Reply 12
That is actually so ridiculous.
Reply 13
Original post by ApexPredator
I haven't read the article in the OP but have seen something similar happening in an Asian area of Birmingham. A man and a child who I presume was his son, were standing on a busy street in the cold shouting about how Christmas was evil. I'm not sure why because I doubt many of the passers by celebrate Christmas. If the shoe was on the other foot and someone was branding Eid evil, I'm sure people like this man and those mentioned in the OP would be outraged.

As a Muslim, I think it's ridiculous, and as usual a small minority have decided to show the rest of us up.

LOL Birmingham, says it all really.
The Asians there aren't wired up properly. :biggrin:
Original post by awais590
LOL Birmingham, says it all really.
The Asians there aren't wired up properly. :biggrin:

Spot on. Although, I'd like to think that I'm an exception to the rule :biggrin:
Reply 15
correct me if im wrong but dont muslims see jebus as a phrophet? and don't they have a similar festive season for The Prophet Mohammed? o.O
Original post by Alvrae
correct me if im wrong but dont muslims see jebus as a phrophet? and don't they have a similar festive season for The Prophet Mohammed? o.O

They don't see Jesus as the son of god though, just as a messenger.
Reply 17
Original post by ApexPredator
Spot on. Although, I'd like to think that I'm an exception to the rule :biggrin:

Haha, a year or two ago I went to visit some cousins in Birmingham, walking through 'Alum Rock' was like a zoo, people there had no manners whatsoever. :mad::tongue:
I love how they mentioned every social problems to put their message across and somehow included paedophilia in it :rofl:
I'd rather take peaceful protesting via posters than bombs and explosions?

Hardly seems extremist in the usual sense...?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending