The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mlsdbk
What were your gcse marks and higher and standard level subjects? :smile:

I didn't do GCSEs but my GCSE equivalent aggregate was 92% with most of my subjects over 90. My higher levels are Math, Economics and Business Management with predicted 7s in all three. My standard levels are English A1, French Ab and Chemistry.
Reply 861
Original post by rohitronaldo
I didn't do GCSEs but my GCSE equivalent aggregate was 92% with most of my subjects over 90. My higher levels are Math, Economics and Business Management with predicted 7s in all three. My standard levels are English A1, French Ab and Chemistry.

So you're doing IB.. then how come you said AAA prediction.. do you mean 37 overall with 666 higher that would be AAA.. good luck with everything :smile: what are your other choices and when did you send your application off?
Original post by mlsdbk
So you're doing IB.. then how come you said AAA prediction.. do you mean 37 overall with 666 higher that would be AAA.. good luck with everything :smile: what are your other choices and when did you send your application off?

Never said AAA :confused: Oxford's standard IB offer is 38 to 40. UCAS sent on 14th October. Applied to LSE, Oxford, Warwick, Durham and Nottingham. Yet to hear from LSE and Warwick.
Received two offers today (:

Durham
Conditional:A

Leeds
Confitional:AA
Reply 864
Original post by rohitronaldo
Never said AAA :confused: Oxford's standard IB offer is 38 to 40. UCAS sent on 14th October. Applied to LSE, Oxford, Warwick, Durham and Nottingham. Yet to hear from LSE and Warwick.

Yes I realised sorry i missread someone elses reply as yours.. Congratulations and good luck with your other applications.. Did you get an offer from Durham and Notts for straight econ? And are you an international student? :smile: x
Reply 865
Original post by mintmocha
Received two offers today (:

Durham
Conditional:A

Leeds
Confitional:AA

just A :s-smilie: shouldnt it be AAA.. when did you send your application? :smile:
Original post by mlsdbk
just A :s-smilie: shouldnt it be AAA.. when did you send your application? :smile:

I already have an A*A from the first year of A'levels. We do two subjects in the first year and another two in the second.

oh sorry, ETA: I sent my application early December.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 867
Original post by mintmocha
I already have an A*A from the first year of A'levels. We do two subjects in the first year and another two in the second.

oh sorry, ETA: I sent my application early December.

oh cool :smile: Are you an international applicant? And what subjects did you take? do you mind me asking your gcse results?

oh and how does that work how do you do your AS levels then? :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 868
I applied mid-Dec. Any ideas when I can expect to hear back? Have applied for economics to warwick, durham, lse.
Original post by mlsdbk
oh cool :smile: Are you an international applicant? And what subjects did you take? do you mind me asking your gcse results?

oh and how does that work how do you do your AS levels then? :smile:

Yes, I'm an international applicant.
I took Economics, Pure Math, Accounts and Business. My school doesn't offer any other subjects at A'level except for hard sciences; Physics, Chem and Bio.
My GCSEs were A*A*A*A*A*A*AA. IT and Accounts, gah.

We do it like a fast track course. For instance, if you were taking Chemistry and Math in your first year then you'd sit the entire AS and A2 papers in June. It's quite overwhelming but doable.
Original post by mlsdbk
Yes I realised sorry i missread someone elses reply as yours.. Congratulations and good luck with your other applications.. Did you get an offer from Durham and Notts for straight econ? And are you an international student? :smile: x

Yes and yes.
Reply 871
Anyone get a conditional from Warwick and what were your predicted grades? Thanks.
Reply 872
Original post by samprop
Course: Economics
University: Warwick
Offer: A*AAA

Hoping to pick up anyone rejected possibly???

do u take further math?
Any offer holders for Bristol Economics and Finance? Or applicants?
Reply 874
I WAS an applicant Use until they rejected me gah
Wheeeeyyyy second offer,

Surrey AAB

All the Surrey offers on here have been all ABB :frown:. I suppose it's because I didn't do economics A level.

Ah well, insurance sorted!
Reply 876
Original post by Sheng
do u take further math?

I do, hope that helps!
Original post by Glen_Nichols
Wheeeeyyyy second offer,

Surrey AAB

All the Surrey offers on here have been all ABB :frown:. I suppose it's because I didn't do economics A level.

Ah well, insurance sorted!

Yeah i got an AAB offer too just now! same insurance done woo
Reply 878
Original post by Shaneel
Anyone get a conditional from Warwick and what were your predicted grades? Thanks.

yep, i did
my predicted grades are A*(maths)A*(economics)A*(latin)A(further maths)A(physics)
my offer is A*AAA
Original post by thesnowman
Yeah i got an AAB offer too just now! same insurance done woo

you got rejected from birmingham? :frown: did you get any feedback from them/ know why? what are your grades like?
i haven't heard back from them yet :|

Latest

Trending

Trending